Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Extremely bad players.

Old
Extremely bad players. - Thu Jul 14, 2011, 01:55 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
SilverStar
Hi all,

I just started the course a couple of days ago and started playing the tournies to move up the leaderboard. Well....this is a task and a half when Ive played 3 tournies and in all 3 I was pushed all in while holding AA or KK preflop.

The problem is, I was pushed all 3 times by extremely weak hands.

.All 3 times these pushed were out of position, had no reason to even be in the hand and I raised 4-6 times the BB everytime or I was simply faced with the all in.

How can these leaderboards determine who the deserving winners are whn a good majority of them are completely reckless and have no care for the game or its integrity. Im in the minus now after playing extremely well up until getting badbeat 3 tournies in a row.

Ive been using the strategies since taking the course although I have been playing texas holdem for about 12 years and poker in general for the last 30 plus years.

I understand even the pros have to endure this crap but it just seems like theres just too many of them (Crazy Kamakazi players who dont care about the skill portion) to impliment any strategy. They take the skill right out of the game. Today for instance was just the worst. Its always bad but today was exceptionally horrible with every primo hand including AA with an A flopped rainbow I lose to a runner runner flush where the guy had no business in the hand even on the turn.

Theres just no getting them off there garbage.

Sorry to rant but Im getting fed up with the whole online poker scene. I witness it live but not nearly as bad.

I guess the reason for that is, No one really wants to play like an idiot, suckout, then have to show his face to the others. In online poker its not the case and they have no shame for destroying the integrity of this sport I used to love so much.

Cheers,

Dave

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 02:11 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by signsix View Post
Hi all,

I just started the course a couple of days ago and started playing the tournies to move up the leaderboard. Well....this is a task and a half when Ive played 3 tournies and in all 3 I was pushed all in while holding AA or KK preflop.

The problem is, I was pushed all 3 times by extremely weak hands.

.All 3 times these pushed were out of position, had no reason to even be in the hand and I raised 4-6 times the BB everytime or I was simply faced with the all in.

How can these leaderboards determine who the deserving winners are whn a good majority of them are completely reckless and have no care for the game or its integrity. Im in the minus now after playing extremely well up until getting badbeat 3 tournies in a row.

Ive been using the strategies since taking the course although I have been playing texas holdem for about 12 years and poker in general for the last 30 plus years.

I understand even the pros have to endure this crap but it just seems like theres just too many of them (Crazy Kamakazi players who dont care about the skill portion) to impliment any strategy. They take the skill right out of the game. Today for instance was just the worst. Its always bad but today was exceptionally horrible with every primo hand including AA with an A flopped rainbow I lose to a runner runner flush where the guy had no business in the hand even on the turn.

Theres just no getting them off there garbage.

Sorry to rant but Im getting fed up with the whole online poker scene. I witness it live but not nearly as bad.

I guess the reason for that is, No one really wants to play like an idiot, suckout, then have to show his face to the others. In online poker its not the case and they have no shame for destroying the integrity of this sport I used to love so much.

Cheers,

Dave

WELCOME TO THE PSO AND THE FORUM
THE LEAGUE GAMES ARE THEIR OWN WORLD
GOING ALL IN WITH AA AND GETTING 4 OR MORE CALLERS IS NORMAL
YOU CAN'T COMPARE LIVE TO THIS HOW MANY LIVE FREE ROLLS ARE THERE
YOU NEED TO GET TO THE POINTS THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS
WELL GOOD LUCK

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 02:15 AM
(#3)
SilverStar
Definitely Trying. lol

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 02:46 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by signsix View Post
Definitely Trying. lol

THAT'S ALL YOU CAN DO
AND THEN SMASH THE KEYBOARD
GOOD LUCK

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 10:50 AM
(#5)
I do not have the exact number for you, but playing 4 or 5 handed, with AA, you are going to be an underdog.

The 4 to 1 win rate with AA is only for when you play head's up..

You know, getting it in with the best starting hand is rarely good enough to win the hand.

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 12:13 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
Welcome Dave!

In your OP, you mention implementing a strategy. If you read enough here in the forums, you'll get what the leaders are doing.
When you see these maniacal players, just look at their rank in PSO. They are not the ones on top of the leader board. Like Dennis said, the Skill League tourneys are unlike anything you would encounter normally (except the astronomer freerolls maybe) and certainly aren't representative of live poker.
Have discipline and patience..and go read some other threads..and you'll find yourself climbing that ladder in no time.

Let us know if you have any questions on the site.

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 04:13 PM
(#7)
SilverStar
Well I finally had some luck last night.

Won about 76 points before being knocked out by one of those maniacs going hard with junk. But Im happy about it.

I climbed 62,775 positions just from one tourny. I know I have a long way to go as I'm still in rank 13,622 which isnt bad I guess considering how far away I was 1 tournament ago. lol

Well Im having a little more confidence now that I see Im not as far away as I thought I was.

Nonetheless, its a major task to get through the muddy waters for sure.

Thanks for all the encouragement From everyone.

The course is definitely helping me to fine tune my game and if I walk away with just that it will be worth it.

Thanks, and good luck to all.

Dave

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 04:38 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
I decided to play normal poker the last 3 days and look what it did to my points! lol..

I think of the star trek borg when I play PSO now. "You will be assimilated !

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 04:43 PM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
I decided to play normal poker the last 3 days and look what it did to my points! lol..

I think of the star trek borg when I play PSO now. "You will be assimilated !
what a donk

Old
Mon Jul 18, 2011, 03:56 AM
(#10)
WhiteStar
What is the best streategy against these guys. I find it totally frustrating and have had the same experiences as you mentioned. It is impossible to apply Poker School Strategy as I play very tight and wait for good hands and then play aggressive poker , but guys still come in with nothing and hit on the river or similar. example; the other day i had AJ and bet 4BB, Had one caller. Asmall bord came up and I C-bet the pot and was called. No problem so far. Still did not hit but the caller was small stacked so I put him all in and he called with all his stack and was holding a 2 and hit a 2 on the flop and called his whole stack on a pair of 2's.

Old
Mon Jul 18, 2011, 04:43 AM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nom5047 View Post
What is the best strategy against these guys.
The winning player has one resource to beat variance -- volume. The losing player has none!

You can beat one or two fish at the table, but it is next to impossible to beat a whole school (or table)! And by school I do not mean PSO!!!

Old
Mon Jul 18, 2011, 07:15 AM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nom5047 View Post
What is the best streategy against these guys. I find it totally frustrating and have had the same experiences as you mentioned. It is impossible to apply Poker School Strategy as I play very tight and wait for good hands and then play aggressive poker , but guys still come in with nothing and hit on the river or similar. example; the other day i had AJ and bet 4BB, Had one caller. Asmall bord came up and I C-bet the pot and was called. No problem so far. Still did not hit but the caller was small stacked so I put him all in and he called with all his stack and was holding a 2 and hit a 2 on the flop and called his whole stack on a pair of 2's.
1. You are not trying to beat these guys. They will beat each other. Your goal should simply be to survive as long as possible.

2. Unless you were on the button and all had folded, this hand is a limp at best. On most tables it would be an insta muck.

3. C betting in these games without having hit the flop is on a par to simply handing the other guy your chips. They will commit everything on a draw. He wasn't going anywhere having hit a pair.

Try and think of the nittiest player you ever saw before you played the league games. If you have a hand that he would have raised with, it's just about possible that it may be worth limping with here.

Old
Mon Jul 18, 2011, 08:03 AM
(#13)
Since: Nov 2007
You forgot to mention running the clock Darkman

Old
Mon Jul 18, 2011, 12:54 PM
(#14)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
I've kinda assumed that everyone understands that now. And if they don't, they no longer deserve to be told

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com