(#2)
Since: Oct 2010

P.S. Lucky SOB

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 08:16 AM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
seems like a bit of a kings thread going, here's 2 from the same tourney. the first's getting me a stack, the 2nd losing it for me

P.S. 1st time trying to use replayer, hope it works

Last edited by yahooza1; Thu Jul 14, 2011 at 08:17 AM.. Reason: typo

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 10:43 AM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2010
you guys play bad, this is how you should play KK for value against donks

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 12:03 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
What Curvy??

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSnap call.
Even in pso, I'm all over that double up.
If he had a hand better than yours, and was a good player, he'd have bet for value instead of shoving.
And why didn't you 3bet? You'd have gotten better info on his hand that way.

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 12:50 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
What Curvy??

If he had a hand better than yours, and was a good player, he'd have bet for value instead of shoving.
i had aces simular to this this type off board once , flop came out K,K,8,i bet about half the pot a player raised me so i folded and the player was 2 nice to show me trip kings lol i already knew that without seeing his hands,there is a good chance that curveys fold was a good one,from the preflop raise he could off easily had aces and went all in hoping that curvey diddnt have the 6,or iff this player was playing a high volume off hands before this there is o possibilty that this player has a 6,remember dan alot off times a fish will push all in with the nuts and there is also a good possibility it was a bad fold,more info on this player would be helpfull on this with hands played before this,i for one havent seen this player before so i personally dont have any info on this player,

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 01:00 PM
(#7)
Yahooza1 You have posted the same hand twice.

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 01:05 PM
(#8)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Curran View Post
Yahooza1 You have posted the same hand twice.

yes i know, was my 1st time using it, we aint all perfect

good luck

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 01:19 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
If it's the first time he's open shoving pre you're folding Ks?

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 03:07 PM
(#10)
Since: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hen-Golden View Post
If it's the first time he's open shoving pre you're folding Ks?
What r u asking?

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 11:12 PM
(#11)
Quote:
What Curvy??

you've never been into that jungle of luck boxes have you ?

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 11:43 PM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2010
Not lately.
But I can understand a little.
It's hard to read how many were left and what points you'd reached there, but the negative consequences aren't terrible there.
Like I said, you have to 3bet there being isolated to see if he jams and then maybe he has aces. But if you don't 3bet, you limp with the intention of folding...and that is just not a good play imo. If you're going to just call, you have to have a plan..and your plan was to fold to no ace?
I understand you didn't know he'd shove.
Isolated...3bet the 2nd best starting hand when the negatives won't get ya' too bad.

Old
Fri Jul 15, 2011, 12:14 AM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronh1967 View Post
i had aces simular to this this type off board once , flop came out K,K,8,i bet about half the pot a player raised me so i folded and the player was 2 nice to show me trip kings lol i already knew that without seeing his hands,there is a good chance that curveys fold was a good one,from the preflop raise he could off easily had aces and went all in hoping that curvey diddnt have the 6,or iff this player was playing a high volume off hands before this there is o possibilty that this player has a 6,remember dan alot off times a fish will push all in with the nuts and there is also a good possibility it was a bad fold,more info on this player would be helpfull on this with hands played before this,i for one havent seen this player before so i personally dont have any info on this player,
the replay doesnt show the actual speed of the hand, he immediately shoved after the flop without thinking, which tells that he already made the decision to raise/all in on any flop, the first thing that came in my mind was that he has AA, most of the players there go allin preflop with AA, but seeing his chips stake no one would have called that, so he played it scared, it was my 2nd hand on that table i didnt have much info on him but the hand felt like one of those too easy hands that end up pretty ugly.
when i asked if he had AA he didnt answer which most of the players do if they had AA

looking back at it i think it was a good fold

Old
Fri Jul 15, 2011, 12:59 AM
(#14)
Quote:
Not lately.
But I can understand a little.
It's hard to read how many were left and what points you'd reached there, but the negative consequences aren't terrible there.
Like I said, you have to 3bet there being isolated to see if he jams and then maybe he has aces. But if you don't 3bet, you limp with the intention of folding...and that is just not a good play imo. If you're going to just call, you have to have a plan..and your plan was to fold to no ace?
I understand you didn't know he'd shove.
Isolated...3bet the 2nd best starting hand when the negatives won't get ya' too bad.
hmmm, i dont think 3bet would have gave me any info on the hand, since they all shove after a 3bet anyway, good point for the positive score, but the last thing i like to do is to put in all my chips with KK without seeing the whole board against a bigger stake , a lot of hands went through my mind but the speed of which he shoved after the flop could only mean AA to me.

Old
Fri Jul 15, 2011, 01:12 AM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by curvyroads View Post
the replay doesnt show the actual speed of the hand, he immediately shoved after the flop without thinking, which tells that he already made the decision to raise/all in on any flop, the first thing that came in my mind was that he has AA, most of the players there go allin preflop with AA, but seeing his chips stake no one would have called that, so he played it scared, it was my 2nd hand on that table i didnt have much info on him but the hand felt like one of those too easy hands that end up pretty ugly.
when i asked if he had AA he didnt answer which most of the players do if they had AA

looking back at it i think it was a good fold
even if you did make the call and and you had the best off it,therea still a good chance that you could be out drawn on the turn or river,same thing happend to me in a cash game hte turn gave me a straight i pushed all my chips in was called by a flush draw and he made his flush on the river,thats why its poker anything can happen,also my style is different then most i play on instinct if i feel i connected better then my opponet then then ill call all my chips if i need to,gl and hope you make premier league

Old
Fri Jul 15, 2011, 07:39 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by curvyroads View Post
you guys play bad, this is how you should play KK for value against donks

Man just stop playing poker, you suck so bad. Clear ship pre, I'm snap calling the flop so quick that I would have probably broken my mouse... he has a flush draw at best, most likely two overcards though, you give the donks too much credit

Last edited by Hen-Golden; Fri Jul 15, 2011 at 07:46 AM..

Old
Fri Jul 15, 2011, 07:42 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dR3am3R59 View Post

P.S. Lucky SOB
Why the heck do you not put the rest of your chips in pre? Are you gonna fold for your last 500 chips if the flop comes A high and you have like 1000 to 1 in a call on a multiway? If yes you're my hero...

Old
Fri Jul 15, 2011, 07:44 AM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahooza1 View Post
seems like a bit of a kings thread going, here's 2 from the same tourney. the first's getting me a stack, the 2nd losing it for me

P.S. 1st time trying to use replayer, hope it works
Why do you try to get tricky with a table full of huge fish and limp that?

Last edited by Hen-Golden; Fri Jul 15, 2011 at 09:29 PM..

Old
Fri Jul 15, 2011, 09:31 AM
(#19)
Since: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hen-Golden View Post
Why the heck do you not put the rest of your chips in pre? Are you gonna fold for your last 500 chips if the flop comes A high and you have like 1000 to 1 in a call on a multiway? If yes you're my hero...
I guess I'm your hero then.

P.S. How was that supposed to change what happened, Mr. Wiseguy ?

Old
Fri Jul 15, 2011, 09:53 AM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dR3am3R59 View Post
I guess I'm your hero then.

P.S. How was that supposed to change what happened, Mr. Wiseguy ?
Nothing you could've done obv, but I'd like to know why you're not reshoving pre?

Last edited by Hen-Golden; Fri Jul 15, 2011 at 09:14 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com