Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Skill of 1c/2c PLO players?

Old
Skill of 1c/2c PLO players? - Thu Jul 14, 2011, 04:59 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
I played 12 hands of PLO and brought $1.60 after those 12 hands i had $5.95. Maybe i got lucky, or maybe it was just the table i was at but it seemed like they would call with almost nothing. How do you guyz rate the skill of these players?

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 05:09 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Most of them are horrible paint chip eaters.. out of 9 you might have 6 droolers, 2 who are competent and 1 who is a grinder

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 05:42 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2009
not highly, but then 12 hands is not a sample size...but you didn't ask that question directly =]
the balance over the last 2 weeks seems to be 50% stations, 20% lagtards and 30% grinders, that's FR and SH

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 05:46 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
They are mostly fish who routinely jam the pot with top pair or 2 pair. If you can get 3 of a kind or better against them, you can usually win. Also they will go all in pre flop with KKxx or AAxx type hands.

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 06:01 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IroncladMerc View Post
Also they will go all in pre flop with KKxx or AAxx type hands.
I imagine this is actually a good play. I don't know much about PLO, but KKxx is only really behind AAxx, and if people are calling with weaker than that or double-suited rundowns, I'm pretty sure jamming AAxx or KKxx would be way +EV.

That's right, right?

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 06:09 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
I don't think so PP, but I'm no expert.
The best starting hand is AAJT, double suited if I remember right. Then AAKQ double suited. It may be reversed.
In H/L it includes AA23 maybe,,or some low, straightening double suited hand.
KKxx I don't think is a great hand..not horrible, but not great. Those xx's need to have some value, straightening or double suited.

Pretty much any game at the .01/.02 is going to be mostly your lower level players Eagle...best o' luck there.

Last edited by !!!111Dan; Thu Jul 14, 2011 at 06:12 PM.. Reason: last line for op.

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 06:36 PM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2010
I think that KKxx runs pretty well in Omaha Hi if it runs hot and cold against any hand that isn't AAxx. I think that KKxx is close to the second nuts if the money goes in pre, but plays only half decent if a flop is seen. I'd appreciate it if a PLO expert would confirm or refute that, since the $5 PLO tables will have shove monkeys and it'd be good to know how well you'd be getting your money in if you know you're against someone who will jam pre with weaker than AAxx.

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 06:38 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
I think that KKxx runs pretty well in Omaha Hi if it runs hot and cold against any hand that isn't AAxx. I think that KKxx is close to the second nuts if the money goes in pre, but plays only half decent if a flop is seen. I'd appreciate it if a PLO expert would confirm or refute that, since the $5 PLO tables will have shove monkeys.
http://www.propokertools.com/simulations <-- great site for running plo numbers, plop in any hand combinations you want to know your ev

Dropbox set to Omaha Hi and blast away

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 08:53 PM
(#9)
8 9 10 J double suit is a good hand You will hit the nut straight and win your fair share of winning flushes.
Easy hand to fold on a paired rainbow board.

Old
Fri Jul 15, 2011, 07:55 AM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
Important lack of skill, just about like on this forum

Old
Fri Jul 15, 2011, 11:07 AM
(#11)
I think i am going to grind these babies for a while, everytime i played i made a significant profit to my BR. I am going to multi-table either 4 or 6 of them and see if i can keep climbing my BR the way that it seems to be going. 6 tables can sometimes be a little over my head but i think theres more profit in there for me. Hope it works for me!

Old
Fri Jul 15, 2011, 01:51 PM
(#12)
When I could play here, that was my game of choice for ring games. I actually made more profit from PLO than I did at holdem for some reason.

Old
Fri Jul 15, 2011, 03:01 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
When I could play here, that was my game of choice for ring games. I actually made more profit from PLO than I did at holdem for some reason.
I preferred Limit Stud. Plenty of fish from $.04/$.08 to $.25/$.50. They would follow you to the river 90% of the time no matter what they were holding. Every now and then they'd catch, just enough to keep them playing.

Old
Fri Jul 15, 2011, 04:22 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
I feel the same way!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com