Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Have to be careful playing PSO games

Old
Have to be careful playing PSO games - Fri Jul 15, 2011, 06:04 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
Think I've been on tilt most of this month. Time after time in PSO, whether early or late in the game, getting knocked out by people who really have no clue whatsover and just won't fold and then getting lucky grrrrrr!!!!

Guess that's part of poker but I find it's affecting my game elsewhere, gonna have to rethink my involvement in the league after this month. Hopefully I'll make it to the premier next month but if it's anything like the league now that'll be it for me, too much of a lottery.

Know I'm moaning, sorry about that, but it's putting me off pokerstars because it isn't just the PSO to be honest, since the US players were excluded there's been an influx of clueless wonders and it's to the detriment of PS imho.

Best of luck

Old
Fri Jul 15, 2011, 09:38 PM
(#2)
This is the kind of thing I mean, in PSO game on now

I knew the risk before I shoved. Assessing, based on previous hands, that most of the half dozen limpers would fold and the 2 that called probably would with any 2, you can see what I mean if you look at the hand.

It's probably not even a bad beat, not that much of a favourite I guess, it's just frustrating

heres the hand

But after I'd started this thread I decided not to let this kind of thing bother me, if I go out with a hand against fishy play then so be it, lol so it was.

Last edited by VareckRay; Fri Jul 15, 2011 at 09:45 PM..

Old
Fri Jul 15, 2011, 09:50 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
T1321 is the amount you expect to gain from this situation over the long term. You expect to nearly double your stack from this happening to you. You should be especially glad for the 43o gift. Add that guy to your Christmas card recipient list for sure.

Old
Fri Jul 15, 2011, 10:37 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
T1321 is the amount you expect to gain from this situation over the long term.
Over the long term I hope to have figured out just how much that is

Old
Fri Jul 15, 2011, 10:42 PM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
unlucky vareck. yes you do have to be very wary playing in the new league. don't get yourself down over it though. just try a different tactic until you find one that works. in that hand there for instance you probably could have done a big overbet pre and then shoved the flop and taken the pot but that's easy for me to say that because i've seen the hand.

As far as thinking the premier league is going to be the same i think you are wrong. there are a hell of a lot of good players from PSO, intelli.de and intelli.es in the top 1500 already and i'm sure there are quite a few just under 1500th place who are still rising up so i think you should look forward to a very good, high standard league next month with the odd ATC donk that managed to get top 1500 which we will love to see for some free chippies. the rest of the ATC donks will have probably had a top 10 finish for every 20 9000th finish and therefore wont make top 10000 on the leaderboard.

hope things go better for you soon.

good luck

Old
Sat Jul 16, 2011, 09:39 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by VareckRay View Post
This is the kind of thing I mean, in PSO game on now

I knew the risk before I shoved. Assessing, based on previous hands, that most of the half dozen limpers would fold and the 2 that called probably would with any 2, you can see what I mean if you look at the hand.

It's probably not even a bad beat, not that much of a favourite I guess, it's just frustrating

heres the hand

But after I'd started this thread I decided not to let this kind of thing bother me, if I go out with a hand against fishy play then so be it, lol so it was.

in this situation this early i would off just let the kings go because usually this early any ace will call you and the ace is the card that hits on the most on any board

Old
Sat Jul 16, 2011, 10:28 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahooza1 View Post
unlucky vareck. yes you do have to be very wary playing in the new league. don't get yourself down over it though. just try a different tactic until you find one that works. in that hand there for instance you probably could have done a big overbet pre and then shoved the flop and taken the pot but that's easy for me to say that because i've seen the hand.

As far as thinking the premier league is going to be the same i think you are wrong. there are a hell of a lot of good players from PSO, intelli.de and intelli.es in the top 1500 already and i'm sure there are quite a few just under 1500th place who are still rising up so i think you should look forward to a very good, high standard league next month with the odd ATC donk that managed to get top 1500 which we will love to see for some free chippies. the rest of the ATC donks will have probably had a top 10 finish for every 20 9000th finish and therefore wont make top 10000 on the leaderboard.

hope things go better for you soon.

good luck
Thanks Yahooza, it's ok was just feeling incredibly frustrated, was annoyed before I even started games recently. Not athe best way to play lol I'm ok now, posting helped me think about it more positvely

Old
Sat Jul 16, 2011, 10:37 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronh1967 View Post
in this situation this early i would off just let the kings go because usually this early any ace will call you and the ace is the card that hits on the most on any board

Hi Ron, not sure I could bring myself to pass premium hands, they can't get lucky all the time as I've proved to myself today

Any fear I had is gone now. I'm pretty competitive and like to do well in any sport I play and I was worrying too much about losing points. That's going to happen in any league type setup and I can always make up lost points so now I'm not worried about it As a result had a much less stressful day today in the league and +100ish points

Old
Sat Jul 16, 2011, 10:42 PM
(#9)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
no probs man, been there and felt that way before. just looked at where you sit on the leaderboard and looks like you shouldn't have a problem finishing top 1500 for next month. keep things simple, slow and steady.... towards the end of the month if you're not too far away from the top then make a mad dash for it and well if you're anywhere between 200-600th i'd advise taking the last few days off with a pat on the back and preparing for next month

if you get uber tilted/down again then take a day off or go out on the tear

good luck

Old
Sun Jul 17, 2011, 05:05 PM
(#10)
Since: Sep 2010
You were at least 60% favourite pre-flop and 80% on the flop. In my opinion, that is the way to play it. Better luck next time.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com