Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Table Moderators

Old
Table Moderators - Fri Jul 15, 2011, 11:28 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Hello All,

Been lurking.... reading the posts but this is my first post here.

What is the general response time for a table moderator? Been sitting at the PSO tables all month and don't have a huge issue with non-English chat however, when the non-English chat looks to include numbers (I think) as well as announcing their hands, it's bothersome.

I have called the moderator (twice) and had no response. Both continued.

Or are there too many players that cannot grasp these difficult to understand rules????

Cat

Last edited by catndoglvr; Fri Jul 15, 2011 at 11:33 PM..

Old
Fri Jul 15, 2011, 11:35 PM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
usually 5 mins tops and they're there with their usual "hello players"....."please allow me to review chat"...."please be reminded to keep all chat clean and in english for the integrety of the game"......."thank you and good luck"

same thing every time, almost like a bot.....

Old
Fri Jul 15, 2011, 11:36 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
YOU GET THIS ONE DAN
I'M WATCHING ROUSO

Old
Sat Jul 16, 2011, 12:13 AM
(#4)
Thanks for the replies.... after calling the moderator, I was at the table for approx. 30 mins afterwards with nada....

Old
Sat Jul 16, 2011, 12:16 AM
(#5)
Anyone want to set the over/under on the improvment next month??

Dale

Old
Sat Jul 16, 2011, 12:19 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by catndoglvr View Post
Thanks for the replies.... after calling the moderator, I was at the table for approx. 30 mins afterwards with nada....
WHAT DID YOU SAY WHEN YOU CALLED THEM ??

Old
Sat Jul 16, 2011, 12:23 AM
(#7)
The first call to the moderator was "Non-English language being used" and the the second call was "Non-English chat" (or very close to that).

Old
Sat Jul 16, 2011, 12:27 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
WHAT DID YOU SAY WHEN YOU CALLED THEM ??

You angry about this post hemet, or is your caps lock still stuck??

Dale

Old
Sat Jul 16, 2011, 12:31 AM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Hello All,

Been lurking.... reading the posts but this is my first post here.

What is the general response time for a table moderator? Been sitting at the PSO tables all month and don't have a huge issue with non-English chat however, when the non-English chat looks to include numbers (I think) as well as announcing their hands, it's bothersome.

I have called the moderator (twice) and had no response. Both continued.

Or are there too many players that cannot grasp these difficult to understand rules????

Cat
Welcome Cat..

We have all discussed the issue of chat and the rules at length here...btw, yes, the mod should show up pretty quick.....so look for threads on chat issues...but along with calling a mod, send a hand history, which will include chat, in email to chat@pokerstars.com for further avenues of support.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Old
Sat Jul 16, 2011, 12:32 AM
(#10)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
The first call to the moderator was "Non-English language being used" and the the second call was "Non-English chat" (or very close to that).

pretty strange that you were blanked twice. for future reference there is more of one way of getting a mod to the table, one is to do what you tried which failed. another is that is you go to the main lobby and click the help tab you should see the option contact support/upload documents. click on that and select the right fields and that should work. if all else fails you can directly send PS an email, don't know the address off the top of my head and don't wanna potentially post the wrong email addy, anyone else know it?

Old
Sat Jul 16, 2011, 12:33 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
I'VE NEVER HAD THEM TAKE MORE THEN A MIN.
AND YES THEY WILL GIVE A WARNING BUT IF IT KEEPS UP CALL AGAIN
IF YOU KEEP CALLING THEY WILL BLOCK THE PLAYERS CHAT
PROBLEM IS PEOPLE QUIT CALLING THEM
SO IT WILL KEEP UP IT PEOPLE ARE NOT PERSISTENT

AND WELCOME TO THE FORUM

Old
Sat Jul 16, 2011, 12:39 AM
(#12)
Deleted user
Lets look at this issue.

You catch a player cheating and most players call a chat mod,which is wrong but it shouldnt be.
The chat mod should be able to deal with these issues.

So know lets look at the proper route.

Guy cheats you fire off a email to support with the hand history,2weeks later you get a response
and I will be honest here it tends to not be what you are looking for.

Seriously I have no idea why they have chat mods,since they use them in such a poor manner.

-Player speaking Russian has no clue what the mod is saying.
-Player that has had his chat banned will just wait two hands and start in on his tirade again.
-Mod tells player they can turn off chat,which is not the point of why they where called

Better system should be looked at.

Old
Sat Jul 16, 2011, 01:02 AM
(#13)
When the premier league starts next month, with way more money on the line, will this issue be taken more seriously?

This is my 3rd month in PSO. Still a rookie but...

How much will it change now that the PSO is so international??

Cat

Last edited by catndoglvr; Sat Jul 16, 2011 at 01:13 AM..

Old
Sat Jul 16, 2011, 02:36 AM
(#14)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
I'VE NEVER HAD THEM TAKE MORE THEN A MIN.
AND YES THEY WILL GIVE A WARNING BUT IF IT KEEPS UP CALL AGAIN
IF YOU KEEP CALLING THEY WILL BLOCK THE PLAYERS CHAT
PROBLEM IS PEOPLE QUIT CALLING THEM
SO IT WILL KEEP UP IT PEOPLE ARE NOT PERSISTENT

AND WELCOME TO THE FORUM

+100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Lets look at this issue.

You catch a player cheating and most players call a chat mod,which is wrong but it shouldnt be.
The chat mod should be able to deal with these issues.

So know lets look at the proper route.

Guy cheats you fire off a email to support with the hand history,2weeks later you get a response
and I will be honest here it tends to not be what you are looking for.

Seriously I have no idea why they have chat mods,since they use them in such a poor manner.

-Player speaking Russian has no clue what the mod is saying.
-Player that has had his chat banned will just wait two hands and start in on his tirade again.
-Mod tells player they can turn off chat,which is not the point of why they where called

Better system should be looked at.
Support as to do with the game (Integrity, game problem, under age, etc)
Moderators as to do with chat (English, swearing, etc)

I was a MOD for 6 months with PokerStar and it's so funny hearing people complain and think they know how things work..... If you only knew

Old
Sat Jul 16, 2011, 02:51 AM
(#15)
Enlighten us relative to this thread.

Dale

Old
Sat Jul 16, 2011, 03:15 AM
(#16)
Deleted user
Well I am going to sleep on this and really think about if I want to say what I feel needs to be said.
Out of respect I will sleep on it.

Expect to see a long post from me either way,hopefully I dont go down the road that I feel like going down right about now and stick to the issue.

Old
Sat Jul 16, 2011, 03:36 AM
(#17)
Engulf a big honkin cookie...then let us know

Dale

Old
Sat Jul 16, 2011, 10:57 AM
(#18)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
<<<<< waiting expectantly

Old
Sat Jul 16, 2011, 01:08 PM
(#19)
Since: Feb 2011
~ giddy with anticipation

Old
Sat Jul 16, 2011, 02:57 PM
(#20)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post

Support as to do with the game (Integrity, game problem, under age, etc)
Moderators as to do with chat (English, swearing, etc)

I was a MOD for 6 months with PokerStar and it's so funny hearing people complain and think they know how things work..... If you only knew
I thought I read your post wrong the first time you commented about "I thought I told you",but now we are on the third post of this ilk and you obviously have a issue with me that you failed to bring up any time in between.
It took you 11 months to tell us you worked for stars and now you cant get enough of the "if you only knew" stance. Lets be honest I find that a little suspect that you never brought this up when ever you voiced any thing in the forum. Would have been nice to know that we where dealing with a pokerstars employee! Also raises the question of how many other members are posting in the forum that are(where) pokerstars employees.

YOu do realize that you are taking the exact same stance that PSO took when we questioned the league setup? He went on to finish every argument with "I have 20 years of poker experience and I know whats good for you"! Remind you of any one?You see us peons will always ask questions because it inevitably shines light in a crack that we may be able to chisel away at to bring some issue to light.

I really dont want to talk to you or about you in this thread,since truthfully I have written you off as a employee with a agenda. How could I trust some one that has manipulated me for so long.
You see I didnt want to go there but you had a need to push it,so there it is.
I know my views are not exactly shared by everyone but Im beating my own drum and I can live with that.

So now back to the issue.

You bring up issues that you say are solved through chat.
I have yet to see a chat mod fix a game problem.
For example,people having to email support to get some one to come to the table for a final table deal.Chat mods are unable to pass that along?WTF..useless!!

Chat mods and explaining English only rules is pointless as well.
"Sorry mod"...mod leaves back to chatting in Alien. You call them again and they warn you that
calling them to often will get you banned.Nice thats a great way to deal with the issue.
Besides the fact that these people 50/50 understand what the hell the mod just spammed in chat.

Ive seen people get warnings for spam for having a conversation with another player.
Ive seen them tell players to turn off chat if they do not like what they see. That seems to be really counterproductive no?
How is underage coming up in chat? Oh but of course the old angle "What are you 12"? "Yes",call chat mod and he gets his account locked for being dumb. Not sure how else you are figuring out age requirements besides the occasional kid stating he is playing on Dads account.

For you final point about not knowing what we talk about,its funny but a mod here took that exact
same tone with me and I showed him he was wrong and he snap closes the thread.
You starting to see how you are coming off like a employee still?

Not knowing the ins and outs must be a good reason for you to write off any one that questions why they are so useless! I dislike that thinking and of course you have put yourself higher than us which of course I have always had issues with authority and being told what to do.

Next time you hijack a thread bring substance rather than the attitude.
As usually you now know where you stand with me and how my respect for you has dropped.
Its a shame,but it is what it is.

Long rant but I had to get that out,since I am sure this was not going to be the last time we heard the "I worked for stars I know you know nothing" stance.

My circle gets smaller but I will not stand back when talked down to.

Last edited by Deleted user; Sat Jul 16, 2011 at 03:00 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com