Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Premier league will be awsome if I can survive the donkfest

Old
Premier league will be awsome if I can survive the donkfest - Sat Jul 16, 2011, 09:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
SilverStar
Im actually looking forward to making in the premier league and remaining there as long as I can.

I mean seriously, how many donkey/fish can really make it in? Not many if at all soit will be some nice solid play where skill can finally be apart of the game again.

Im gonna bust my balls to get there. Im doing everything right, moving up pretty fast. Im excited about it.

Good luck everyone.

Peace.

Old
Sun Jul 17, 2011, 03:02 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by signsix View Post
Im actually looking forward to making in the premier league and remaining there as long as I can.

I mean seriously, how many donkey/fish can really make it in? Not many if at all soit will be some nice solid play where skill can finally be apart of the game again.

Im gonna bust my balls to get there. Im doing everything right, moving up pretty fast. Im excited about it.

Good luck everyone.

Peace.

I'm a donkey/fish and it looks as though I might make it.

Peace.

Old
premier division - Sun Jul 17, 2011, 04:02 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
the premier division is a wait and see it may not be as strong as everyone thinks it is going to be

Old
Sun Jul 17, 2011, 04:13 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronh1967 View Post
the premier division is a wait and see it may not be as strong as everyone thinks it is going to be

I THINK IT WILL BE VARY STRONG
ONLY 1500 GOOD PLAYERS BUT IT MAY TAKE LONGER THEN THE 10,000 OPEN
AND I DON'T THINK CLOCKING IS GOING TO HELP MUCH

Old
Bally Riff - Raff ok ya - Sun Jul 17, 2011, 12:55 PM
(#5)
Since: Dec 2010
I agree guys the standards have to raise - and i think they will.
We won't have to put up with people who don't care what happens b'cos it's a freeroll.
This will be an invitation only private party with no RIFF - RAFF allowed !!!! lol
I for one cannot wait b'cos i hate sitting alongside bloody commoners who stink of the docks !!!
Can any1 tell me if there are only 2 games a day in the Premier League ??

B

Old
Sun Jul 17, 2011, 03:29 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
I THINK IT WILL BE VARY STRONG
ONLY 1500 GOOD PLAYERS BUT IT MAY TAKE LONGER THEN THE 10,000 OPEN
AND I DON'T THINK CLOCKING IS GOING TO HELP MUCH

people used clocking in the pso and for the most part it diddnt help,afer black friday it even helped least,but the question is how many people in the top 1500 will actually be good players?only time will tell,the may be all 1500 mabe only 750 mabe only 500 no one will know till it starts,as for clocking in this new global league its a benefit to people that use it because people drop out off these tournaments very fast and help you finish in higher spot some times without playing a hand,another benefit is that it puts alot off intelli players on tilt

Old
Sun Jul 17, 2011, 03:31 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
I THINK THEY SAID 3 A DAY

Old
Sun Jul 17, 2011, 06:12 PM
(#8)
has anyone heard when they might be announcing the premier league tourney schedule or times .Would be nice to know if it is going to fit peoples schedules before actually being given the ticket as i understand there are only gonna be 3 tourneys daily .....scorp

Old
Sun Jul 17, 2011, 06:23 PM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion1367 View Post
has anyone heard when they might be announcing the premier league tourney schedule or times .Would be nice to know if it is going to fit peoples schedules before actually being given the ticket as i understand there are only gonna be 3 tourneys daily .....scorp
And the leaderboard payouts - I was curious about that too

Old
Sun Jul 17, 2011, 08:13 PM
(#10)
Since: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
And the leaderboard payouts - I was curious about that too
The premier league payout will be in 2 parts
Those with 20 but < 150 vpp's for a top prize of $500 from a prize pool of $3000
Those with 150+ vpp's for a top prize of $5000 from a prize pool of $30,000

Old
Mon Jul 18, 2011, 09:05 AM
(#11)
Since: Nov 2007
I doubt that the new Premier league will be the panacea that everyone thinks it will be, and the most skilful of players do not always play "solid poker". There will still be maniacs but you will have to be able to decipher if these maniacs are inexperienced or actually really skilful players.

I will remain in the Open League out of choice because I do not have the time to play the volume to really make a run for the top either this month or in the new Premier league in August. I could qualify I think but I prefer to qualify when earning 150VPPs does not go outside my bankroll management strategy.

For those that qualify and have only earned in the 20VPP bracket the prize fund/top prize does not look that appealing so hopefully there will be confirmation of the prize fund soon.

Anyway good luck to everyone that does qualify and I hope that the standard of play improves.

TC

Old
Mon Jul 18, 2011, 10:13 AM
(#12)
I Agree TC if you spend a fair bit of time trying to qualify for the Prem.
And you do make it.
But if your bankroll does'nt enable you to go for 150vpp's.
Then to be told you are only going to win $500 if you win it ??? ( am i right there )
Then it is abit of a slap in the face i think.
But the proof is in the pudding. We will just have to wait and see what transpires. B

Old
Mon Jul 18, 2011, 12:51 PM
(#13)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizer73 View Post
But the proof is in the pudding. B
If you dont eat your meat, you cant have any pudding.. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?!! all and all your just another brick in the wall sorry it was there,,, had to use it..

Last edited by mtnestegg; Mon Jul 18, 2011 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: Y

Old
Mon Jul 18, 2011, 01:10 PM
(#14)
Since: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizer73 View Post
I Agree TC if you spend a fair bit of time trying to qualify for the Prem.
And you do make it.
But if your bankroll does'nt enable you to go for 150vpp's.
Then to be told you are only going to win $500 if you win it ??? ( am i right there )
Then it is abit of a slap in the face i think.
But the proof is in the pudding. We will just have to wait and see what transpires. B

Hi Brizer,

I thought I could never manage to get 150 VPP's with a small bankroll, but now I am nearly there thanks to playing 0.01/0.02 and 0.02/0.05 $ Omaha tables and it took me about 20 $ so far (144 VPP's as of today).

I've played a few games at the same table with you and must say your play is far better than mine. Go play Omaha and you'll have your points faster and with less money losses in comparison to me.

Good luck!

Old
Mon Jul 18, 2011, 01:20 PM
(#15)
Hiya Chinook firstly would like to apologise to you for my sweeping generalisation that all german woman have hairy pits !!!! lol ( was a while ago on another thread ).
And thank you for your kind words - you are on track for the Prem right ??? will check in a mo.
And secondly i do play the omaha tables - 6 max 2/5 mutli tables it shoots those vpps up nicely.
Have'nt got 150 yet but i'm well on course - there's no need to rush i think.
Best of luck at the tables Chinook. B

Old
Mon Jul 18, 2011, 04:18 PM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post

I will remain in the Open League out of choice because I do not have the time to play the volume to really make a run for the top either this month or in the new Premier league in August. I could qualify I think but I prefer to qualify when earning 150VPPs does not go outside my bankroll management strategy.

For those that qualify and have only earned in the 20VPP bracket the prize fund/top prize does not look that appealing so hopefully there will be confirmation of the prize fund soon.

TC
100% with you on this one TC

I myself had wanted to qualify for the Premier League also. And I do believe I would have done so through a combo of clock running and erm..."variance-proofing super tight play". i truly do believe that the Premier League will be good. There will be some very good players in there. But I think it's unrealistic to expect 1500 "sharks" in there. That why this new "relegation" thing is a good thing though. The sharks will stay but those who clock run but havent got a half-decent solid game to back it up will be found wanting. I am going to watch from the sidelines with interest.

But I have decided to abandon my own bid for qualification for the Premier League for next month. I cant be 100% sure that I will make 150VPPs so there is no point in me qualifying for the Premier League only to be playing for what would basically be the equivalent of "Whitestar prize money" under the old format. As Brizer quite correctly said in an older thread, you'd "be ripping yourself off".

Old
Thu Aug 04, 2011, 08:45 PM
(#17)
Since: Jul 2011
SilverStar
Well I made it to the Premier league but not having any luck due to the 1 fish on the table getting lucky on me. The donks can even rule the premiere league with their luck.

Seems theres one on every table so watch out guys. Im down about 30 points already from 3 tournies.

The software never helps me either. It always seems to deal out a suited board or an open ended str8 draw just sliding my chips over to the weakest hand.

Old
Thu Aug 04, 2011, 09:19 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by signsix View Post
Well I made it to the Premier league but not having any luck due to the 1 fish on the table getting lucky on me. The donks can even rule the premiere league with their luck.

Seems theres one on every table so watch out guys. Im down about 30 points already from 3 tournies.

The software never helps me either. It always seems to deal out a suited board or an open ended str8 draw just sliding my chips over to the weakest hand.

SO IT'S NOT RANDOM ???

WHY DID THEY RIG IT TO SCREW YOU ???

YOU MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING TO PISS THEM OFF

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com