Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Milestone hands are back!

Old
Milestone hands are back! - Mon Jul 18, 2011, 11:20 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
Yes, indeed they are. The last time they had it i never won it... but this time i will try harder. yesterday i had a session of about 760 hands and about 840 hands today while multi-tabling 10 PLO tables. My first thought was that i was going to lose a lot of money, but it turns out i can make profit while doing this and i can get a lot more points. My first session i started out a little shaky but then started to gain momentum as i went on. So i will continue doing this for a while and hopefully win a milestone hand. (I'm thinking about switching to hold'em... not sure yet)
So what about you guys? how are you going to try and win the milestone hand? Or if you won the milestone hand last year? Tell me all about it!

Old
Mon Jul 18, 2011, 01:00 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Hey eagle, I had a bash at this, this morning playing 4 (.1c/2c ) nl holdem tables and i have to say after about 1 hour my head popped and ended up closing 2 of the tables. I continued with just the 2 other tables for another hour before throwing the towel in and walking away scratching my sore head - $5 from my BR and not a sniff of a milestone hand, but as the saying goes you gotta be in it to win it so i might have another go latter on. Good Luck

Old
Mon Jul 18, 2011, 01:16 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2010
i played about 5000 hands all day yesterday trying to make it, was multitabling FLHE $0.05/$0.10, was down about $10. gave up and came 2nd in a wee 50cent tourny for $125 hehe

Old
Mon Jul 18, 2011, 02:13 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by De Hitman View Post
Hey eagle, I had a bash at this, this morning playing 4 (.1c/2c ) nl holdem tables and i have to say after about 1 hour my head popped and ended up closing 2 of the tables. I continued with just the 2 other tables for another hour before throwing the towel in and walking away scratching my sore head - $5 from my BR and not a sniff of a milestone hand, but as the saying goes you gotta be in it to win it so i might have another go latter on. Good Luck
Haha, keep on trying hitman. So i switched to hold'em today and i find it alot easier to multi-table. The most i think i had was 14, i could probably squeeze a few more in there... but no luck. guess i gotta keep trying! The thing i found though was i could get alot more points playing PLO than hold'em but i think i can make the most profit at hold'em so i'll stick with that.

Old
Mon Jul 18, 2011, 03:47 PM
(#5)
14 tables you gotta be kidding me my head was spinning juggling 4 your eyes will look like this tomorrow hehe good luck m8 hope you catch it.

Old
Mon Jul 18, 2011, 04:27 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by De Hitman View Post
14 tables you gotta be kidding me my head was spinning juggling 4 your eyes will look like this tomorrow hehe good luck m8 hope you catch it.
lol, naww i thought the same thing but its not that bad. i made like $12 multi-tabling combining my PLO and hold'em, altogether about 2500 hands. It keeps me a lot more focused at least! haha. When you multi-table 4 tables how do you arrange your tables? do you tile, stack, or cascade?

Old
Mon Jul 18, 2011, 09:39 PM
(#7)
Yet another session but no luck... Will i ever win one!! aww well theres always tommorrow. So hows everyone else doin, did you guys win a milestone hand yet?

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 08:00 AM
(#8)
Since: Dec 2009
I know my graph is awesome right, nothing like having a solid cash game =] it was what I considered myself better at 02~09 but either I forgot a lot or everyone else learnt a lot (btw Rolf Slotboom, I hate you for writing that book =[ !! )

Anyhoot, care to guess when the last lot of milestone hands were?

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 10:23 AM
(#9)
Ouch, that's a pretty ugly graph there zlizard, i'm kinda afraid to ask how big the increments are! lol. Did u manage to get a milestone hand last time?

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 10:35 AM
(#10)
it's not pretty eh? =] I wouldn't advise playing poker at all, particularly not multi-tabling long sessions with mental health issues ;]

It's a mix of limits - most hands are like bb2¢ or bb5¢ level in that time frame, the occasional sit in bb25¢ etc spikes one way or other; particularly as I micro-buy into the tables atm so variance is massive.

Obv I'm not playing good poker, no doubt about that.

I used to play plo25, plo50 and plo100 with the occasional parlay @ plo200, so I'm not sweating a $200 spread in that graph but...not building a roll is indeed...not building a roll.

As far as milestone hands go - no, not even a sniff, think they were March 2011 and perhaps similar time in 2010?

One thing I would say - do not go out of your way to play 10, 20 tables at a time if you're used to 1-tabling; maybe increase the # tables by 20~40% get comfortable then repeat if you are still winning at that level.
This whole milestone thing carries terrible odds at you getting dealt into one, so sure - have some more cash sessions, longer cash sessions or more tables (in increments) - but in the same way as you shouldn't shoot for 150+VPP in the league if you cannot get that level - do not break yourself shooting for the moon in this.

Obv eagle, you are comfortable multi-tabling so that doesn't really apply for you but some others might get excited by the milestone. If it happens cool, but it's so unlikely - so stick to banking at the cash tables if that's your thing.

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 01:32 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlizard View Post
it's not pretty eh? =]One thing I would say - do not go out of your way to play 10, 20 tables at a time if you're used to 1-tabling; maybe increase the # tables by 20~40% get comfortable then repeat if you are still winning at that level.
This whole milestone thing carries terrible odds at you getting dealt into one, so sure - have some more cash sessions, longer cash sessions or more tables (in increments) - but in the same way as you shouldn't shoot for 150+VPP in the league if you cannot get that level - do not break yourself shooting for the moon in this.
TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS! Getting the milestone is highly unlikely and i wouldn't go out of your way to multi-table so many that you are not able to handle and lose your BR. For me i use to multi-table mostly 6 tables or maybe 4 for cash games, i'm only now starting to getting into multi-tabling sitngo's (For me starting at 2) but i can get a lot more profit doing this rather than just 1-tabling. But if you can only multi-table one thats FINE. I suggest just trying it once or twice to get the feel for it and if you don't like it switch back. For those that do multi-table and haven't tried going for more tables just TRY IT, i'm glad i did. I can now multi-table 15 NL Hold'em 9max and show more profit than what i use to do, So far i've only had one bad session but those happen. GL ALL AND I HOPE YOU GET DEALT A MILESTONE HAND

Old
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 08:14 AM
(#12)
Any news on the milestone hands yet? Over a billion hands gone and still no luck for me. (Maybe they're saving the 65 billionth hand for me... THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!)

Old
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 08:26 AM
(#13)
Since: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_eagle23 View Post
Any news on the milestone hands yet? Over a billion hands gone and still no luck for me. (Maybe they're saving the 65 billionth hand for me... THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!)
I think you mean "over 100 million hands gone" other wise we would be past 65 billion haha!

And ive had about 4 sessions of $0.01/$0.02 NLHE 9 max multi tabling 10 each time. no luck for me but im close to 150vpp now!

Old
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 08:35 AM
(#14)
Since: Dec 2010
Same here - i'm multi tabling like some sort of insane mofo !!!
And making some rather untowards comments when once again i see that i have'nt been picked !!
I guess all we can do is hope and congratulate the 0.0000000001% who do make it !!!!!
B

Old
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 09:50 AM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdem500 View Post
I think you mean "over 100 million hands gone" other wise we would be past 65 billion haha!

And ive had about 4 sessions of $0.01/$0.02 NLHE 9 max multi tabling 10 each time. no luck for me but im close to 150vpp now!
Haha you're right, i've been multi-tabling like crazy, i think my brain is fried... i don't even think i know the difference between right and left now! lol But i'm determined to get the milestone hand fried brain or not!

Old
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 06:17 PM
(#16)
Any updates on the milestone hand? i haven't tried to get it much today, pretty much none at all.

Old
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 06:20 PM
(#17)
played maybe 750h today, through idk - 6 or 7 milestones.

seem to hit 6 handed tables a lot, conspiracy theorists will point out to a non-random section to reduce pay-out whilst others will argue there's a larger base of 6-handed tables compared to the others in the table pool.

Old
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 07:00 PM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlizard View Post
played maybe 750h today, through idk - 6 or 7 milestones.

seem to hit 6 handed tables a lot, conspiracy theorists will point out to a non-random section to reduce pay-out whilst others will argue there's a larger base of 6-handed tables compared to the others in the table pool.
I think it hits 6 handed tables more because the hands play out a lot faster then say 9 max. And yeah, it could be probably due to the larger base of 6-handed tables also

Old
Thumbs up
Just got milestone hand!!!! - Wed Jul 20, 2011, 09:46 PM
(#19)
Since: Jun 2010
at table Memoria fast hi low stud woo hooooooo

Old
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 09:49 PM
(#20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanwicksy View Post
at table Memoria fast hi low stud woo hooooooo
Wow gman.....major, major congrats dude!!!!!

Players here think that PSSL is a cash cow....ain't nothing generates rake like this promo.

WAY TO GO EMOTOCAT

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com