Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Winnings tourneys

Old
Winnings tourneys - Tue Jul 19, 2011, 07:43 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Considering the odds, the variance and the fact that you're playing online, how many tournaments would you need to play to win one if you're a PROFESSIONAL poker player? For example, if you're a pro and playing the $11 Sunday tournament, how many of these tournaments do u need to play to win it, or at least get in the top three? Playing correctly of course and making the correct decisions most of the time. As an example, would u say that a pro would be able to get in the top three once every one hundred tournaments played?

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 08:54 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
about tree fiddy

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 10:06 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Simple math...................

I reckon I'm twice as good as the average player in any tournament I enter. So if I play tournaments with 100 players in them I'd expect to win 1 in 50. Therefore, I'd expect my first win to come having played around 25 of them.

Let the abuse begin....................

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 05:39 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
ONLY ONE

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com