Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Premier Skill League Qualifier

Old
Premier Skill League Qualifier - Tue Jul 19, 2011, 11:38 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
"Another way to qualify for the Premier league!

The new Premier Skill League Qualifier is designed to provide our school members an alternate method for qualifying for the next month's Premier league. It features a small buy-in and requires a ticket, so you can expect to compete with a smaller, more experienced, and poker savvy field."

Does anybody have any details on this league yet?

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 12:08 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy8334 View Post
"Another way to qualify for the Premier league!

The new Premier Skill League Qualifier is designed to provide our school members an alternate method for qualifying for the next month's Premier league. It features a small buy-in and requires a ticket, so you can expect to compete with a smaller, more experienced, and poker savvy field."

Does anybody have any details on this league yet?
Where is this from Andy?

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 12:16 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
From here.........

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/league

Surely it wasn't that difficult (OP) to scroll down the page and get your answer

Ha ha. Another week of forum madness is about to commence

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 12:24 PM
(#4)
Wow...it's nice to be clued in on these things.

...pass the popcorn...

Old
PSSL Qualifer - Tue Jul 19, 2011, 01:29 PM
(#5)
This appears to be a viable alternative to slogging through the Open league, for those who have a sufficient BR. There are no tourneys listed yet, I wonder when it starts??

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 01:45 PM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2007
6 tournaments a day and you pay for the privilege and if you get in the top 200 you qualify; sounds like a slog to me, just a different flavour

And suddenly rather than losing 500 from the Premier League at the end of the month, we are now losing 700 to accommodate this qualifier. Talk about shifting the goalposts LOL

TC

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 01:47 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2011
Hmmmm. This stinks imho.

Has the PSO League become a Pokerstars cash-cow, to be milked in ever more "creative" ways?

I'll stick to the frustrating Open for this month and hope to never return.

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 02:24 PM
(#8)
Since: Sep 2010
(Administrator)
For those without a bankroll it is possible to freeroll to a $5,000 payday. For those with a bankroll there will now be an opportunity to qualify by playing in a less crowded environment.

In the big picture I think you must see that "cash cow" may be a little unrealistic. This league in my opinion adds to the promotion in a very positive way. For those not ready to buy in for $1.10 there will always be the free route. Anyone good enough to stay in the top 500, 700 or even 1000 of the premier league is very likely capable of holding their own in a series of $1 tournaments and at the same time will be accumulating VPP's.

I don't see the negative side of this one!!

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 02:38 PM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Wow...it's nice to be clued in on these things.

...pass the popcorn...

Now why would the person who has to answer all the new peoples questions be given a heads up on this??.. This is the drama forum here Dano and as Darkman says Let the madness begin

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 02:41 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
SInce you here could explain something to me that I keep tripping on in the overview.

The word "invitation" is used and it seems to be undefined. From what we have been told the
top 1500 qualify for this month. So qualifying is not exactly a invitation or am I missing a obvious piece of the puzzle.

As for the Qualifying tourneys am I getting it right that each daily tourney gives one ticket?
What happens if I win more than one? I know dont make you laugh but I am curious as to what would happen.

Final nag..Are we going to get a end of the month tourney eventually like a Battle of the Plants setup or something similiar for a even mix of both leagues best players? I know it was talked about back in Sept.

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 02:45 PM
(#11)
Do you remember that song "running against the wind", Roomik? For some reason it is floating in my head because no one was given a heads up on this never mind Dan.

Why does this come to mind????

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 02:56 PM
(#12)
(Administrator)
This month we decided to add in an alternative way for players to requalify for the premier league without having to play in the open events with 10,000 players. We have released this info today in order that players are aware of it before the new events start in 2 weeks time.

Creating the global league was a very big task and July was a transition month. Once we get into the new league setup proper (in August) I think everyone will be a lot less pressure. I think that the information on the page http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/league is very self explanatory so felt that this info was the same as "a heads up" only a lot simpler.

If there are any specific questions about the info on that page I will be happy to answer them and if we see something is unclear based on the feedback we will amend that page.

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 02:58 PM
(#13)
(Administrator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
SInce you here could explain something to me that I keep tripping on in the overview.

The word "invitation" is used and it seems to be undefined. From what we have been told the
top 1500 qualify for this month. So qualifying is not exactly a invitation or am I missing a obvious piece of the puzzle.

As for the Qualifying tourneys am I getting it right that each daily tourney gives one ticket?
What happens if I win more than one? I know dont make you laugh but I am curious as to what would happen.

Final nag..Are we going to get a end of the month tourney eventually like a Battle of the Plants setup or something similiar for a even mix of both leagues best players? I know it was talked about back in Sept.
Everyone that qualifies for the premier league will be invited via the awarding of a ticket to play all month in the premier league.

The qualifying events held daily will create a totally separate leaderboard that will have no prize money but will be used exclusively for providing 200 spots into the following months premier league.

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 03:06 PM
(#14)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-Staff View Post
If there are any specific questions about the info on that page I will be happy to answer them and if we see something is unclear based on the feedback we will amend that page.
Well as you offered....................

The following is as clear as mud to me. One leaderboard or three ?

"One leaderboard for all PokerSchool members

All school members will be ranked together in the same leaderboards – one for the Open Skill League, one for the Premier Skill League and one for the Premier Skill League Qualifier"

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 03:36 PM
(#15)
(Administrator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
Well as you offered....................

The following is as clear as mud to me. One leaderboard or three ?

"One leaderboard for all PokerSchool members

All school members will be ranked together in the same leaderboards – one for the Open Skill League, one for the Premier Skill League and one for the Premier Skill League Qualifier"
I had to read that one more than once myself It is meant to explain that only pokerschool members (globally) will be included in the leaderboards and not non members that participate in the open league. However, there will be 3 separate leaderboards (one for each of the open, premier and premier qualifier leagues).

I will request this be made more clear.

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 03:40 PM
(#16)
(Administrator)
Oh also forgot to say 3 Bulldogs in the top 10... GSTQ!!!!

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 03:45 PM
(#17)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
GSTQ? lol

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 03:59 PM
(#18)
Quote:
Oh also forgot to say 3 Bulldogs in the top 10... GSTQ!!!!
I think that deserves at least a 30 day ban.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Jaodra7AY

TC

Last edited by topthecat; Tue Jul 19, 2011 at 04:01 PM..

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 04:19 PM
(#19)
Since: Jul 2011
Quote:
For those without a bankroll it is possible to freeroll to a $5,000 payday. For those with a bankroll there will now be an opportunity to qualify by playing in a less crowded environment.

In the big picture I think you must see that "cash cow" may be a little unrealistic. This league in my opinion adds to the promotion in a very positive way. For those not ready to buy in for $1.10 there will always be the free route. Anyone good enough to stay in the top 500, 700 or even 1000 of the premier league is very likely capable of holding their own in a series of $1 tournaments and at the same time will be accumulating VPP's.

I don't see the negative side of this one!!
From my reading of the awards, without a bankroll you can only freeroll your way to a $150 payday. Since, without a bankroll you cannot get the VPPs necessary to get the higher rewards.

Not that I would refuse $150, of course .

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 04:30 PM
(#20)
(Administrator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Minute View Post
From my reading of the awards, without a bankroll you can only freeroll your way to a $150 payday. Since, without a bankroll you cannot get the VPPs necessary to get the higher rewards.

Not that I would refuse $150, of course .
Correct, you can then use that $150 to generate the VPP's necessary to be eligible for the $5k prize in the premier league. Total deposited = $0

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com