Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Would you still play?

Old
Would you still play? - Tue Jul 19, 2011, 02:01 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
Two questions for you all!

1.) Would You still play Poker even if money wasn't involved?

2.) (If you answered yes to question 1) Would you still play poker as often as you are now?

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 02:03 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
yes and yes. I'll play games the same way, regardless of whether it's free or a ton of $$ buy-in.

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 03:33 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
YES N YES -
Me and Poker are Married.
Much to my Girlfriends disgust !!! lol

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 04:23 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizer73 View Post
YES N YES -
Me and Poker are Married.
Much to my Girlfriends disgust !!! lol
Haha! Nice!

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 04:51 PM
(#5)
(Head Trainer)
Yes, and no.

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 04:54 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
like Dave I am the same.... I will play on occasion but I do not play the same

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 05:43 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Yes, and no.
I think i can understand Dave's situation whereas he plays to make a living (Correct me if i'm wrong.)

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 05:45 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
like Dave I am the same.... I will play on occasion but I do not play the same
I think i am in the same boat as you guys. For me playing for money keeps the excitement in it.

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 06:28 PM
(#9)
No and no. I can't stand play money poker

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 06:47 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
No and no. I can't stand play money poker
What if people play the same as real money poker as play money poker?

Old
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 08:19 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_eagle23 View Post
What if people play the same as real money poker as play money poker?
That just could never happen. The monetary element of poker is what gives the game that extra kick for me personally. Even if it is micro stakes for pennies, people play the game differently when actual money is involved. A massive "ballsy" bluff , or a miraculous Hero call just doesn't have the same zip when nothing real is on the line. It would be like playing hockey with no body checks, or flag football instead of full contact, something important is just lacking.

That's just me though. I guess I better pray pokerstars stays strong unlike some of the other sites , so I can get my fix in

Old
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 10:22 AM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
That just could never happen. The monetary element of poker is what gives the game that extra kick for me personally. Even if it is micro stakes for pennies, people play the game differently when actual money is involved. A massive "ballsy" bluff , or a miraculous Hero call just doesn't have the same zip when nothing real is on the line. It would be like playing hockey with no body checks, or flag football instead of full contact, something important is just lacking.

That's just me though. I guess I better pray pokerstars stays strong unlike some of the other sites , so I can get my fix in
Haha, you made a good point. When i started playing poker like many, i played with play money.
And i really enjoyed it. I first started with a different site (Forget the name) and won a few bucks on a freeroll, and had my first chance on a real money table. Haha, i was as nervous as hell! even though it was a few bucks it took me a long time to get it and i didn't want to lose it. After a couple months i think i had around 30 bucks, I thought i had pulled off the inevitable lol. Then i made the biggest mistake of my poker career i'll never forget it. I decided to put all my money on the table and play. My second hand i got AA and boy was i excited. I stuck a raise in and got reraised. Being as new to poker as i was i thought AA could only lose like 1 in 10000 times so i shoved and got called my opponent turned over QQ and thought "Wow, i just made 60 buucks!"
The flop was A x Q ( i forget that card lol) Turn i think was a 5 and the RIVER....i think you all know what happens next.... the only card that could make me lose...... another Q.... yep, i was pissed. i never played poket again until like a year later. The worst moment in my poker career, and boy do i regret puttin all my money on the line. THAT SUCKED!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com