Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Pokerschool Premier League Thread

Old
Default
Pokerschool Premier League Thread - Tue Jul 19, 2011, 06:26 PM
(#1)
PSO-Staff's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 399
(Administrator)
Please use this thread for Premier League specific questions or suggestions


Good Luck
PSO STAFF
 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 19, 2011, 09:22 PM
(#2)
EasyChips4U's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 762
Just looking @ proposed starting times of these daily 3 tournaments...

Tournament #1... 2:00 ET = 3:30 AM Local time
Tournament #2... 14:00 ET = 3:30 PM Local time
Tournament #3... 21:00 ET = 10:30 PM Local time

U couldn't even schedule the 3 tournaments @ 8 hours intervals to be fair across the board. But u will for the Open League... running 6 times a day, every 4 hours.

This proposed schedule pretty much ensures that I will not be able to play a single game week nights.

The 3rd and last tournament of the day starts 21:00 ET (10:30 PM Local time)... kinda tough when u leave for work @ 7:30 AM Local time (6:00 ET), and usually dun get home til 5:00 PM Local time (3:30 ET)...

Reconsider the 8 hour interval... to be fair across the board... it certainly isn't a level playing field @ these starting times...

Last edited by EasyChips4U; Tue Jul 19, 2011 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: Add on
 
Old
Default
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 07:48 AM
(#3)
topthecat's Avatar
Since: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,962
How about putting the prize money for 20VPP upto 13.3% of the prize money for 150VPP, rather than the current 10%?

My reasoning is 13.3% is the precentage that 20VPPs is of 150VPPs.

I also notice that the bulk of the prizepool is for the top 30. What happens to the prize money left over in the unlikely event that the top 30 spots are taken by 20VPP players? How about a monthly freeroll for Premier League players with these monies?

TC
 
Old
Default
Total Agreement - Wed Jul 20, 2011, 08:21 AM
(#4)
Brizer73's Avatar
Since: Dec 2010
Posts: 270
Hiya Easy - i totally agree with you - in fact i was saying the very same thing to my girlfriend last night - if it is a global league ? Then why not have equally spaced apart times for it ???

In England i think the times are 07:00
14:00
02:00
I'm sure there's somewhere in the world where these times may be better - but i don't know of it.


Hiya TC - once again - total agreement - in fact i would go as far as to say the +20 but -150 players remind me of White Star players back in the good old PSO league. I think there getting ripped off to be honest. There's nothing " Premier " about 1/1500 for $500 now is there ???

But once again making players aim for 150 vpp's a month in order to achieve the top prize is a brilliant marketing strategy.
Abit like making players pay 1 10 in order to avoid a larger field of 10 000.

What is the point of someone going to all that trouble to qualify for the Premier league who has'nt got the bankroll to attain 150vpps when they can aim for $1500 in the open league ?
( Despite of the larger fields).
And b4 some1 from the " company " tells me they can qualify for the Prem - then win it - then they will have $500 to spend on obtaining vpp's !!! Don't bother !!!!

I am well aware it's a freeroll with free prizes ( thank you Pokerstars i would'nt have a bankroll if it was'nt for this ). I just think they should be a little kinder towards players with less than 150 vpp's. And just in case your wondering - i have 150 vpps already.
 
Old
Default
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 08:37 AM
(#5)
annie_22at90's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyChips4U View Post
Just looking @ proposed starting times of these daily 3 tournaments...

Tournament #1... 2:00 ET = 3:30 AM Local time
Tournament #2... 14:00 ET = 3:30 PM Local time
Tournament #3... 21:00 ET = 10:30 PM Local time

U couldn't even schedule the 3 tournaments @ 8 hours intervals to be fair across the board. But u will for the Open League... running 6 times a day, every 4 hours.

This proposed schedule pretty much ensures that I will not be able to play a single game week nights.

The 3rd and last tournament of the day starts 21:00 ET (10:30 PM Local time)... kinda tough when u leave for work @ 7:30 AM Local time (6:00 ET), and usually dun get home til 5:00 PM Local time (3:30 ET)...

Reconsider the 8 hour interval... to be fair across the board... it certainly isn't a level playing field @ these starting times...
+1

Wouldn't one every 8 hours be fairer?

The Open and Qualifier league tournaments are evenly spaced, so what's the reasoning behind this odd scheduling?
 
Old
Default
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 08:45 AM
(#6)
77wopke77's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 482
BronzeStar
i totally agree in chnging playing times or even set up 2 or more extra tours.

i am from the netherlands and indeed it a little strange
times are 8 in the morning ( working or being daddy), 8 at night( for me playable), and 3 at night or so! mostly i am sleeping.

so most europeans won't be able to play therefore they are left out

the price setup i didn't see yet but if it is indeed that the only place to realy earn money that compares to the kind of trouble u have to go to to reach a certain point then indeed maybe u should re-evaluate the descissions because i bothered this time to get 150 vpp but i don't have constant abbility to do so or even willing to do so if indeed it start smelling like a ripoff!!

PS this is a golden opportunity to create something nice don't blow it
 
Old
Default
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 08:53 AM
(#7)
77wopke77's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 482
BronzeStar
i ve seen the table but why not start 6 tours like the other leagues! i understand that u make a difference in leaugues but i am in favour for 6 starts in stead of 3
 
Old
Default
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 10:25 AM
(#8)
PSO-Staff's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 399
(Administrator)
As with all new leagues we will see how the first couple of months go. With regards to timing of the events we will of course review these once we see how the current times work. If we can improve them we will do so.


Good Luck
PSO STAFF
 
Old
Wink
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 10:44 AM
(#9)
77wopke77's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 482
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pso-staff View Post
as with all new leagues we will see how the first couple of months go. With regards to timing of the events we will of course review these once we see how the current times work. If we can improve them we will do so.

but why only 3 starting times and the rest 6??????????????????
 
Old
Default
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 11:19 AM
(#10)
VanSquash's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 234
BronzeStar
It would be nice to see deeper stacks in the premier league. A little more skill a little less bingo.

 
Old
Default
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 03:38 PM
(#11)
EasyChips4U's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-Staff View Post
As with all new leagues we will see how the first couple of months go. With regards to timing of the events we will of course review these once we see how the current times work. If we can improve them we will do so.
Just wondering who ur catering to... Review after a couple of months? Big joke... right??

U've effectively eliminated me from being competitive in the Premier League... with no recourse to play in the Open League either...

Way to go, PSO Admin... NOT!!!!!

Last edited by EasyChips4U; Wed Jul 20, 2011 at 04:15 PM.. Reason: typo
 
Old
Default
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 03:51 PM
(#12)
EasyChips4U's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 762
Thank you PSO Admin... for ur empathy... LMAO...

Please explain why the Premier League tournaments are NOT equally spaced time-wise as it is with the other Leagues...

Ur prompt response would be greatly appreciated... as ur previous TOTALLY AVOIDED the question as to why the Premier League isn't on 8 hour intervals...

Or @ least... have the decency to admit ur marketing to a specific target... Geograhically-wise...

Last edited by EasyChips4U; Wed Jul 20, 2011 at 04:17 PM.. Reason: typo
 
Old
Default
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 04:12 PM
(#13)
topthecat's Avatar
Since: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,962
At least he did mention that they will review staying in just the Open League and having an opt out of the Premier League.

Not much but something Easy

TC
 
Old
Default
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 04:20 PM
(#14)
Sandtrap777's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,310
PSO Admin,

A bit of logic needs to be used here.
There is a 6 hour difference between Europe an North America (average)
By using some common sense and a bit of logic, why don't you implement 4 tournaments and spaced at every 6 hours....what so hard about that?
And please implement it for August 1st

May I suggest that you make fair for both continents
Here's a suggestion, 12:00AM, 6:00AM, 12:00PM and 6:00PM

 
Old
Default
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 04:31 PM
(#15)
EasyChips4U's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
PSO Admin,

A bit of logic needs to be used here.
There is a 6 hour difference between Europe an North America (average)
By using some common sense and a bit of logic, why don't you implement 4 tournaments and spaced at every 6 hours....what so hard about that?
And please implement it for August 1st

May I suggest that you make fair for both continents
Here's a suggestion, 12:00AM, 6:00AM, 12:00PM and 6:00PM

+1000000.............

Ur so smart and OBJECTIVE....

I'm sooooooo happy ur Canadian...
 
Old
Default
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 06:23 PM
(#16)
Sandtrap777's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyChips4U View Post
+1000000.............

Ur so smart and OBJECTIVE....

I'm sooooooo happy ur Canadian...

LOL...........Does that mean I can take your place for South America this August?
 
Old
Default
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 05:39 AM
(#17)
EasyChips4U's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 762
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK...

Typical lag time in between responses... nothin new for u guys...

Only goes to show PSO Admin is nothin but the "puppet" and that PokerStars is the "puppet master"

Take ur time... and carefully think about the BS reply ur gonna give...

Off to work shortly... wont be back for 9 hours (3:30 ET)

Perhaps u'll have it all figured out by then... LMAO...
 
Old
Default
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 09:52 AM
(#18)
PSO-Staff's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 399
(Administrator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyChips4U View Post
+1000000.............

Ur so smart and OBJECTIVE....

I'm sooooooo happy ur Canadian...
So if I am on the East coast of Canada and work 9am to 6pm I cannot play any of them either. I know this is a problem and I will be bringing this up on our weekly call today.


Good Luck
PSO STAFF
 
Old
Default
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 03:42 PM
(#19)
EasyChips4U's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-Staff View Post
So if I am on the East coast of Canada and work 9am to 6pm I cannot play any of them either. I know this is a problem and I will be bringing this up on our weekly call today.
And is there anyone there with a set, man enough to make an Executive Decision as to why there shouldn't be equally spaced intervals between these tournaments?

And...

Had ur initial reply been this 1... then perhaps I wouldn't have seen RED so quick...

Would u like to be put off for 2 months b4 being able to participate and be competitive?

And...

As far I'm concerned... ur special invitation ticket wid my name on it... can be passed along to the decision maker of these starting times... and that person can promptly stick it u know where... cuz i will not waste my time and efforts in this BS Premier League
 
Old
Default
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 03:51 PM
(#20)
!!!111Dan's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyChips4U View Post
And is there anyone there with a set, man enough to make an Executive Decision as to why there shouldn't be equally spaced intervals between these tournaments?

And...

Had ur initial reply been this 1... then perhaps I wouldn't have seen RED so quick...

Would u like to be put off for 2 months b4 being able to participate and be competitive?

And...

As far I'm concerned... ur special invitation ticket wid my name on it... can be passed along to the decision maker of these starting times... and that person can promptly stick it u know where... cuz i will not waste my time and efforts in this BS Premier League
You may want to pick up a copy of "How to win friends and influence people."
I'm surprised someone who has benefited quite a bit from the league, would be so disrespectful.
If you genuinely feel that pokerstars is calling the shots, why are you not sending this to them, instead of posting it in a forum specifically for poker school?
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com