Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Great Hands #17 - The Big Game - Week 11, Hand 33 - Galfond vs Hachem KhKc vs JsJh.

Old
Great Hands #17 - The Big Game - Week 11, Hand 33 - Galfond vs Hachem KhKc vs JsJh. - Wed Jul 20, 2011, 01:09 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2010
(Administrator)
WhiteStar
Great Hands #17 - The Big Game - Week 11, Hand 33 - Galfond vs Hachem. KhKc vs JsJh.

Watch video here.

Would you have acted the same way? What would you have done differently? Share your thoughts and feedback via this forum discussion about this hand.

Thank you to PanickyPoker for suggesting this hand.

Regards

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Administration

Last edited by PSO Admin; Wed Jul 20, 2011 at 01:29 PM..

Old
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 01:23 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Anyone else having trouble getting the video to open? It shows two http's in the addy...maybe that's the problem?

Old
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 01:24 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2007
Yup page not found for me either Dan!

TC

Old
Link working now - Wed Jul 20, 2011, 01:30 PM
(#4)
Since: May 2010
(Administrator)
WhiteStar
Hi Dan
Yes you were correct too many http's.

All ok now

Enjoy and regards

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Administration

Old
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 02:00 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO Admin View Post
Hi Dan
Yes you were correct too many http's.

All ok now

Enjoy and regards

I think Doyle played it terrible.
Good read by Joe to sense that Phil was scared of the Ace.

Old
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 04:20 PM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2010
I'm curious why Galfond called the flop if he was going to fold to a half-pot bet when the turn bricked. Is Hachem ever slowing down on the turn after 3betting the flop? A half-pot bet might as well be a check, imo. I'm nowhere near thinking on their level though.

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 11:06 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I didn't like the 1/2 pot bet on the flop and I think that's what Hachem picked up on.. screams weakness to me (granted I have no reads on them from earlier in the game, which I assume they DID have).
If Galfond makes a pot bet on the flop, I don't think he'd have been in that situation.... he'd have had a similar number of chips in it, but would have the lead in the hand, instead of being 2nd to act. Also, by calling the raise on the flop, I think he needed to bet the turn instead of letting Hachem control the pot. Yes, his KK may be behind, but at least it would make Joe think twice about it.

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 12:42 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
galfond played that KK on an A hi flop like i would in the micro 6-max tables i play. i mean, this is such high level poker, and galfond played scared on both flop and turn

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 02:29 PM
(#9)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchup143 View Post
i mean, this is such high level poker, and galfond played scared on both flop and turn
This is ridiculously far from the truth. Galfond is one of the most deep-thinking players in the world today. I don't know why he did what he did, but the small bet could easily have been to induce a bluff from Hachem.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com