Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Why can't Americans play?

Old
Why can't Americans play? - Thu Jul 21, 2011, 12:02 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
The US government can't force PokerStars to bar us from playing. Why are they doing it then? I don't want to play anywhere else. I like this site.

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 01:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Sorry to burst your bubble, but yes, the American government can do it. In fact, they did do it. Check out the news stories about the shutdown, which happened on April 15. (use google search) Just a quick overview, DOJ seizes PokerStars dot com and has it shut down with a warrant that charges the site with a criminal action. The site comes to an agreement with the DOJ that allows the site to open, but also prevents Americans from playing in cash games. Until the courts resolve the criminal charges against the site, you will not be playing.

Considering the speed of American courts, figure five to ten years, assuming the courts put this on the fast track.

You gotta love our government. We outlaw online poker at some sites while other sites do the same thing that got PokerStars closed.

You got problems with that, stuff it where the sun doesn't shine. Or better yet, write your congressman a letter. Don't be surprised when he ignores you. After all, you are a worthless piece of (explative deleted) (censored) since you cannot write out a check with at least six zeros behind a large number.

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 02:30 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
One of the few good things to come out of black friday was removing you from the tables. And if PSO had any sense they would complete the job and remove your access to the forum as well.

Be miserable in all you do. Whatever that may be.

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 03:04 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
One of the few good things to come out of black friday was removing you from the tables. And if PSO had any sense they would complete the job and remove your access to the forum as well.

YOU NEED TO JUST COME OUT AND SAY HOW YOU FEEL

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 03:05 AM
(#5)
Quote:

I'm with u there mate, i can be a pain and a jerk at times but PB is a micro microbe!

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 03:23 AM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
This is really rude!!

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 03:33 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBruno View Post
This is really rude!!
A lot less ruder than stuff that u placed out!!

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 06:20 AM
(#8)
Since: Apr 2011
May I Ask why PresBruno is so well liked ( being sarcastic here)

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 07:10 AM
(#9)
Quote:

hahaha

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 04:57 PM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2010
this thread has lasted longer than I thought.

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 07:26 PM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBruno View Post
The US government can't force PokerStars to bar us from playing. Why are they doing it then? I don't want to play anywhere else. I like this site.
I'd heard it had something to do with a called Bruno who'd escaped from the local circus... or was that the lunatic asylum & was trying to pass himself off as the President

Take him away...

Last edited by Prodigy237; Thu Jul 21, 2011 at 08:02 PM..

Old
Fri Jul 22, 2011, 11:30 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
hey pres are u still around starting trouble, some things never change...can anybody tell me what software version i need to use on pokerstars to access the home games client..the version i have on my system do not work anymore..

Old
Fri Jul 22, 2011, 11:42 AM
(#13)
So Bruno, are you here to pay off your debts?
You must remember that don't you?
You owe money to people and the right thing to do is pay
I think that's the first thing you should of done before coming back here

So did you pay your debt?

Old
Fri Jul 22, 2011, 11:49 AM
(#14)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TARIQ06 View Post
hey pres are u still around starting trouble, some things never change...can anybody tell me what software version i need to use on pokerstars to access the home games client..the version i have on my system do not work anymore..
You can access them using the .net client Taiq..good to see ya'.

Old
Fri Jul 22, 2011, 08:36 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
So Bruno, are you here to pay off your debts?
You must remember that don't you?
You owe money to people and the right thing to do is pay
I think that's the first thing you should of done before coming back here

So did you pay your debt?

Just one problem. Even if he wanted to do the honorable thing, he cannot. Remember, the American player can either cash out or let it sit. No transferring allowed.

Old
us law - Sat Jul 23, 2011, 08:27 AM
(#16)
yes the us government can prevent you from playing online poker because its against the law in the united states to play online poker,heres an example off why i think its against the law,i live in canada fly to las vagas to play in the wsop main event,i win a 100k the irs ir right there to tell me that i owe them 33k or i cant leave the states,online poker is against the law where you live because the american government has no way collect there tax money off your winnings playing online,hope you americans can come back and play soon

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com