Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

not happy with super league schedule

Old
not happy with super league schedule - Thu Jul 21, 2011, 08:40 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
hi considering there is now no usa based players on pokerstars why has the new superleague 3 mtts time on at american timezones still. i live in the uk and for most europeans the new time slots are not available. for me here in uk the mtts will be on at 7am-7pm-2am. how is that feasible if u work for a living lol. cmon poker school get off the us based time zones and on to european time lol

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 09:05 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
I feel your pain as I live in an EST ( US time zone ) and becuase I work my times end up being 2 am , 2 pm and 9 pm! How does this make it easier for me?

Gidee Up!

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 09:18 AM
(#3)
Get em told David - was good chatting to you to other day. And i don't think many people are happy.
Because this is new for every1 i think we are just going to have to see how it pans out and with players suggestions taken on board Pokerstars will change things along the way to make the format better.
Best of luck at the tables m8.

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 11:37 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by david 181 View Post
hi considering there is now no usa based players on pokerstars why has the new superleague 3 mtts time on at american timezones still. i live in the uk and for most europeans the new time slots are not available. for me here in uk the mtts will be on at 7am-7pm-2am. how is that feasible if u work for a living lol. cmon poker school get off the us based time zones and on to european time lol

HOW WOULD THE TIMES BE BETTER FOR US TIME ZONES
CHECK YOUR FACTS BEFORE YOU START SPEWING CRAP

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 12:31 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Looks like very few people will be able to play more than one a day.

Should be interesting.

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 12:34 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Curran View Post
Looks like very few people will be able to play more than one a day.

Should be interesting.

I hear going to bed at 10am is all the rage

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 12:41 PM
(#7)
(Head Trainer)
Well thought out post OP. If you work for a living, daytime hours in the UK, you can play 1 tourney. "US time zones" (LOL - Canada & South America don't count right?) people who work for a living, daytime hours, can play 1 tourney.

nh, wp.

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 01:16 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
Global League > Euro League

Converting over to Euro only times is just so shortsighted and it will never happen.
Losing the American(North/South) market would be costly for a site that is trying to go after the global market. Way to many Euro sites to choose from and I play on stars because it is global.
If I wanted Canadians only I would play on one of our Gov run sites.

As for the times I am lucky to play one a day once I get back to work and weekends are contract out days. So I doubt I play more than the first week.

I really hate seeing these posts because it really is a nice way to kill poker by segregating the fields. You want Euro friendly Im sure you can pick one of the dime a dozen sites ran in Europe.

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 02:30 PM
(#9)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
I hear going to bed at 10am is all the rage
Sleep is overrated... & wastes valuble poker time.

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 02:49 PM
(#10)
Since: Jan 2011
Quote:

2 things, first players are from all over the world, why focus on just convenience for european players?

And is the super league the premier league or have I missed something?

Old
Ehhh ? lol - Thu Jul 21, 2011, 02:58 PM
(#11)
lol
You have got it sooo wrong Vareck !!!
It's the Fantastic league !!!!
or is it the Brilliant league ???
What was it called again ???? lol B

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 03:17 PM
(#12)
Quote:
Tournament 1 = 3:30 AM Local time

Tournament 2 = 3:30 PM Local time

Tournament 3 = 10:30 PM Local time

Open mouth and insert foot...

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 03:19 PM
(#13)
Since: Sep 2010
(Administrator)
We have the August schedule set up already. However, we are going to improve the situation for September forward. We will be working directly with our August premier league players to achieve this goal.

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 03:21 PM
(#14)
(Administrator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizer73 View Post
lol
You have got it sooo wrong Vareck !!!
It's the Fantastic league !!!!
or is it the Brilliant league ???
What was it called again ???? lol B
My League

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 03:25 PM
(#15)
given that everyone no most, well some, ok a couple of players seemed to think that the present 6 tourneys spaced evenly throughout the day seemed pretty fair and dare i say it "global" what is the reasoning behind the 3 Superpremleague tournies NOT being spread at 8 hour intervals for the sake of global equality? whilst it makes not a jot of difference to the working players i guess anywhere in the world, the non working semi/pro players in the americas would appear to be able to possibly play the 2pm and 9pm tourneys without messing up the sleep/family patterns too much. because they are spread over 12 hours would i be right in saying (i really dont know the time zones) the west coast could actually play all three during, for want of a better term, "daytime", albeit a early start. i will admit that i work 12hr days so i tend to get a little more actual days off but the timings even then arent great (7am 7pm and 2am) i generally only get to play one a day but i can imagine there will be a certain amount of hostility about timings from the uk/eurozone. perhaps a staffer can give the reason why they are not spread evenly?

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 03:26 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-Staff View Post
We have the August schedule set up already. However, we are going to improve the situation for September forward. We will be working directly with our August premier league players to achieve this goal.
Survey ?

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 03:42 PM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperspur View Post
given that everyone no most, well some, ok a couple of players seemed to think that the present 6 tourneys spaced evenly throughout the day seemed pretty fair and dare i say it "global" what is the reasoning behind the 3 Superpremleague tournies NOT being spread at 8 hour intervals for the sake of global equality? whilst it makes not a jot of difference to the working players i guess anywhere in the world, the non working semi/pro players in the americas would appear to be able to possibly play the 2pm and 9pm tourneys without messing up the sleep/family patterns too much. because they are spread over 12 hours would i be right in saying (i really dont know the time zones) the west coast could actually play all three during, for want of a better term, "daytime", albeit a early start. i will admit that i work 12hr days so i tend to get a little more actual days off but the timings even then arent great (7am 7pm and 2am) i generally only get to play one a day but i can imagine there will be a certain amount of hostility about timings from the uk/eurozone. perhaps a staffer can give the reason why they are not spread evenly?
looking at the current leaderboard I'd say it was an attempt to give those outside of europe a chance at winning some money

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 03:42 PM
(#18)
Deleted user
What ever Darkman cant play gets my vote!

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 03:58 PM
(#19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-Staff View Post

This does not make any sense, somehow, someone has no LOGIC

Lets see now......... I qualify for September but can't play any games, therefore will not finish in the top ???? (can't remember) to qualify to stay, so therefore I will be relinquished to the Global league to try again....... Where is the LOGIC?? What is the point of qualifying??? Where is the common sense????

This is what happens when one person makes decisions without getting any feedback BEFORE implementing something.

So what will happen to all those who qualified and can't play in August, will they get a special ticket for September for the illogical times setup decisions?? (assuming you do make time changes)

Why don't you do the logical move right away for August instead of let see and make changes next month?

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 04:03 PM
(#20)
(Administrator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
Survey ?
Patience is a virtue my dear Watson

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com