Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

spank me for this one lol

Old
spank me for this one lol - Thu Jul 21, 2011, 05:15 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
BronzeStar

was i correct to do this? i was thinking about going thorugh bubble. didnt range them very well at all. but i really was scared of him having small pair that hit trips.. he was betting 2BB in other hands wherever he had something or not. anyway i know i probably shoudl have shoved since i had just below 11BB but there was about 7-8 ppl to money lol it was PSO and you never really know thats why only limp at the start.. tell me please how should i played it considering it was kinda small bubble there just before 90th place... and i wanted to go through that
thanks

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 06:36 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2010
You played it pretty scaredily (if thats a word lol) In an MTT i would have shoved

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 06:36 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
if there's a bubble coming up, then it needs to be a shove or a fold preflop. If past the bubble, then with basically 10BB left, I'm shoving it.

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 07:35 PM
(#4)
Since: May 2011
BronzeStar
so i thought. and yes i played scared that one after he raised lol... another mistake to my collection :/

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 08:38 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Way weak play...UBER weak.

If you want to play JJ for a set mining hand in a bubble spot, fine. that is pretty "expensive" for your stack to do, especially when the an over card will flop almost 60% of the time, but it beats going bust-o if you can ladder climb to much bigger points in league play.

But when you do flop the over pair, get em in if checked to you and there is only 1 left to act behind you! You just tossed off 10% of your stack for a set mine when you could beat any 1 pair hand on this board AND when taking the pot down woulda been a near double up.

If making the money is so important to you that you can FOLD JJ in this spot, then you probably shouldn't have played it at all.

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 08:43 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Incoming Spank !!! Bonus Pie to the face

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 06:07 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2011
very bad desicion, this should just be a shove pre......

wow i just saw u also checked back the flop very very bad, bet for value, and get it in whats holding you back? beleive just because theres limpers that someone flopped a set? thats bad

from now just man my freind youl be much better off and its good bubble play

Last edited by Oku_Ha_FooLs; Mon Jul 25, 2011 at 06:10 AM.. Reason: mistake

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com