Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

players sit out

Old
players sit out - Sun Jul 24, 2011, 04:52 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
I am very confused why people are allowed to participate in a tournament and simply sit out. I feel there should be some action taken against players who take the place of those who are enjoying this site for what it is, entertainment

Old
Sun Jul 24, 2011, 07:18 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginam00 View Post
I am very confused why people are allowed to participate in a tournament and simply sit out. I feel there should be some action taken against players who take the place of those who are enjoying this site for what it is, entertainment

this seems to come up time to time ,some players choose to sit out and will sit back in when the all in fest has settled,like slow play it is a tatic and it can work,and you get some easy chips if your at the table,cannt beat em join em lol

Old
Wink
There's Joy in Sitting Out - Sun Jul 24, 2011, 08:45 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
ChromeStar
There's also joy in sitting out. As with a lot of players, they tend to sit-out and get back in the game after the all-in fest is over. They want to climb the ladder rank. And they're just exercising their right/privilege on the time given them.

Old
Sun Jul 24, 2011, 11:09 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Maybe they should post that notice about sitting out that I see when I'm in these sng games. PokerStars response can be summarized in three words: "Live with it."

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 07:31 AM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
My guess is some sort of badly thought through idea of being able to cruise through to the money/points paying places without having to do a thing. I've seen a similar thing in the astronomers were people with a stink load of chips will sit out and not return when there close to the ticket paying places.

I try to put a positive spin on it, in that every person sitting out is one less person that can ruin your game.

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 09:01 AM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginam00 View Post
I Thought same way when i joined, but i then realized it can be life saver some times ( table full of aggressive players) and other times not ( your not picking up sb/bb, other soft hands )
I do it some times, depends on Game Format/Stake size/players etc ( or the miss wants a bit lol ), But I do think it is negative style of play in ways! ( id prefer to grind clock down in that way, few sec's can be all it takes to be ITM or not ).

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 01:53 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
unfortunately for me I had to sit out the last tourney i played due to power issues with my computer. Luckily for me I had managed to out donk a few in the first few rounds and had a tidy stack that it appears carried me all the way to 383rd which got me back a bunch of the points I had lost by actually playing my hands.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com