Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

How Do You Rate The PSO So Far?

Old
How Do You Rate The PSO So Far? - Sun Jul 24, 2011, 08:39 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
ChromeStar
This PSO Skill League has been the biggest so far in terms of participants, a big crowd of 110,000 and counting even as we're near end of month. How do you rate the PSO so far? And how do you rate yourself so far? Had you improved? Were you upset?

Old
Sun Jul 24, 2011, 08:46 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Thanx to the USA gvt. I am unable to answer your question, maybe later.

Old
Sun Jul 24, 2011, 08:51 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahCandatu View Post
This PSO Skill League has been the biggest so far in terms of participants, a big crowd of 110,000 and counting even as we're near end of month. How do you rate the PSO so far? And how do you rate yourself so far? Had you improved? Were you upset?
l wil keep this short,

I look at the PSO for the whole picture,

I do believe it has help my game, but also has given me much more,

A place to meet and learn, and enjoy this game versus, just playing a slot machine,

just a drunk guy thought......hiccup

cheers all

Old
Sun Jul 24, 2011, 11:44 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2011
I think I'm improving my game (thinking more about hands i go into), but had few hicups along way (Not being participant enough, and few drunken games that i cant remember much(bottles whiskey) lol
all the best luck/skill

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 12:28 AM
(#5)
Same as old PSO except now there's more fish to do your dirty work while you clock and fold.

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 03:03 AM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
Same as old PSO except now there's more fish to do your dirty work while you clock and fold.

This is true, but there's been a definate change in my mentality. Whilst it's always good to have people at your table that are eager to give their chips away, I've come to hate them as individuals. The time when I was willing to help people improve in this league has gone. There are too many who are not just "no good" but have no desire to be any different. It's taking a great deal of restraint not to pass derogatory comments when they bust having shoved with their monster 24o/s.

Roll on the Premier League. Hopefully we'll be back to sitting with a few familiar faces and enjoying the challenge of playing against people who are trying their best.

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 03:15 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
This is true, but there's been a definate change in my mentality. Whilst it's always good to have people at your table that are eager to give their chips away, I've come to hate them as individuals. The time when I was willing to help people improve in this league has gone. There are too many who are not just "no good" but have no desire to be any different. It's taking a great deal of restraint not to pass derogatory comments when they bust having shoved with their monster 24o/s.

Roll on the Premier League. Hopefully we'll be back to sitting with a few familiar faces and enjoying the challenge of playing against people who are trying their best.
Al my fellow PSOer find that winning attitude at times when its not going ur way, i have had some minor hiccups but am keeping my cool, we all know what we are about and what they are about. Endure this last week with us all and repeat this: Lady Luck, Lady Luck shine some luck on me, let me get though another Tourney. GL and stay a winner within.

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 04:20 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Oh don't worry Ellie. I'm not on a downer because of variance. If nothing else I'll still take the regular $50 this month and be grateful for the bonus.

The pity is that whilst the league has never been a significant part of the learning experience here, it currently offers absolutely nothing in that area. And neither is it the slightest bit enjoyable. It's merely a means to an end. A way of putting a few extra dollars in your pocket at the end of the month for some of us. Thankfully those that I was referring to won't even experience that benefit.

So as I said. Roll on the Premier League

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 04:44 AM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
Disappointing is a word that springs to mind. I used to enjoy playing poker, having to make decisions, the thought processes, the competitiveness. That's all gone this month, so have the results, not just in PSO but in other games, it's had a knock-on effect on my general poker game to the point where once I earned my 150VPP I gave up.

The thing is, it's just not poker any more. Betting will not get these players to think about their hand and fold. Bet sizes don't matter, you are likely to still have 4 opponents, and likely one of them is going to raise or shove. You simply can't play anything except the stone cold nuts, try getting that when you are forced to fold every hand pre flop because of the lack of reasonable starting hands and the general aggression at the table. Can you blame these people? Well they don't know anything about this league, they are playing to hit the top 90 and win a penny, that's it. So for them an early exit means nothing. Add to that all the foreign chat, name calling etc.

After a while the old "play the clock, fold" routine gets very mundane, it's soul destroying for someone who likes to play poker. It's a means to an end though, with the promise of something better to come.

I do hope the Premier League is a vast improvement else I will have to consider another way to waste my time. Add to that after so many silly knockouts with premium hands or counterfeited hands I feel I may have to re learn the whole game again from scratch. You really do start to feel that the software is against you in the end.

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 04:47 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
The new league remains challenging and we'll see what happens with the premier league next month.

All in all this is a great place to work on your game and try to improve. I'm really enjoying the training videos posted by Dave and Ahar... great stuff guys.

As for open shoving with 23 off well I wish I had the heart for that...

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 04:59 AM
(#11)
F the new league I quit bro. The new league is boring and the players are ridiculouse. The old league was really cool and you actually had a shot at getting a small starting bankroll every month. The new league is nothing like that its just a crap shoot donkfest. Even if you earn 150vpps you still can't win much unless your in the top 50. I give up I feel like its rigged. I hit a flush someone has a boat. Aces cracked kings cracked queens cracked. AJ on the button J on the flop someone flops trips jacks wtf I dont know how many times I flop top pair top kicker and its no good? Seriously I dont even know what cards to play anymore even AA feels scary to play. AQ suited on the button with five limpers any other tournament I would raise but in this all five players call you if I limp in on the button I ended up flopping top pair or something which is no good. THis new league is making lose it. Its like im unlearning when I play in it. The only time I can actually get close to the money is if I time down every single hand and not play a single hand unless im in the bb. And almost every tournament is the same for me F ing BS. The registration fills up to fast so I can hardly get into tournaments except for the ones at 9 am and 1 pm unless I remember to register early. Man to much bs I think Im going to move on to something new.

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 05:06 AM
(#12)
Its rigged 100% im not kidding

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 05:09 AM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerstar671 View Post
Its rigged 100% im not kidding

yeah we heard you. Uninstall and move on

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 05:12 AM
(#14)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
yeah we heard you. Uninstall and move on

+100

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 05:45 AM
(#15)
i find it to be to simple,intelli players are easy to read

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 06:09 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
I don't think that's where they're from ron. I have a theory that the vast majority of these zombies are former Full Tilt freerollers. Even the the Astronomer freerolls were nothing like these, so I'm pretty sure they're interlopers.

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 07:01 AM
(#17)
i am now finding it disappointing....so many bad beats. i ended up going on a major tilt lasting a fortnight....just got sick of having monster hands beaten by people who don't seem to enjoy poker, just bingo. and thought, well, i'm gonna be a donk too. alas, that didn't work either.
also i wasn't allowed to play next month which may have contributed to my downfall but i have talked hubby into letting me play next month so now i'm trying to make up all the ground i lost damn it. but the novelty has worn off for me.

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 08:13 AM
(#18)
Since: Oct 2010
I enjoy playing poker, the competition, the figuring out of the why's and what for's of a paticular hand being played. The old PSO was similar to PSSL in the first half hour but if you made the first break there was actual poker played after that (not by all but it did get better) and you could enjoy the game. This month there is no "enjoying the game", no "competition", and certainly no sense in trying to figure out the "why and what " the player made this paticular bet for because he/she doesn't have any reason. i decided after the first week of playing to just make sure i stayed in the top 1500 and forget about playing any type of poker.

I am sure that no matter what happens, next month has got to be better, simply because nothing could be worse than it has been this month.

good luck to all

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 08:50 AM
(#19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSquash View Post
The new league remains challenging and we'll see what happens with the premier league next month.

All in all this is a great place to work on your game and try to improve. I'm really enjoying the training videos posted by Dave and Ahar... great stuff guys.

As for open shoving with 23 off well I wish I had the heart for that...
Dont need a heart for that 2 3 off all in, just no brains lol, GG nice 1st place in the tourney and over 100 pts i was railing u that one when there were 170 players left, remember me counting pts for 90th then 50th, well well u did just that regain 100 pts u lost Van gg gl see ya at the tables KO

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 08:58 AM
(#20)
ChromeStar
@pokerstars671 I know. I hardly see you on the game these past weeks, bro.

Last edited by SarahCandatu; Mon Jul 25, 2011 at 08:59 AM.. Reason: forgot to quote

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com