Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

lesson 25.07.2011: 45-man SnG

Old
lesson 25.07.2011: 45-man SnG - Mon Jul 25, 2011, 08:01 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
Hero 8s8d open/limp $20 from with a stack of around $840 (about) MP1 on a flop 3d3c4s

Im strongly disagree with this move.

Even if the blinds are low, you had a lot of bad luck etc., I don’t see how we can justify an open/limp from MP with such hand.

I mean, I know that it isn't AA or KK, QQ, JJ ... but 88 is still a made hand (in comparison to hands-project like AK, AQ, etc.... 88 is a decent hand that worth be played and raised specially as first in (IMHO)

So, can you please explain better this move and why you open/limp please?

TY

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 08:17 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Hey kiroman I'm happy to answer this. The blinds were 15/30 and as you stated I was MP1 with 860 chips. This is a 45 man $.50 turbo sng so I have 29 big blinds. I wake up with 88 and am first to act as it was folded to me. I have 3 choices I beleive and they are to limp/raise/fold in that order. I am preferring to limp because I still have 5 players to act after me and if I catch a set it is well disguised.
Each hand I play needs to be player read dependant. In other words I am acting differently depending on who acts behind me and how they act. For instance is krasnodar min raises and all fold to me I jam it in his face becasue I have seen him do that twice already in the game with QJ and KTs. Sooren and rayovernight I don't have much of a read but they appear tight so if they raise me up I consider folding.
I want to see a cheap flop here and hopefully nizzle the set if not it has cost me 1 blind and i am still in good shape.
What happened was that sooren, rayovernight and anperdel all called and we saw a flop of 3d 3c 4s. Rayovernight bet 3/4 pot and anpernel called so i jammed my stack feeling i had the best 2 pr and was gambling that they didnt hit a trey and were on some kinda str8 draw as a flush is not a worry. I isolate by jamming and they all fold.

There is not one way to play this and I would be happy to hear how you woul dplay it.
Thanks again for railing this morning.

Gidee Up!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com