Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Holdem Manager ( HUD Heads Up Display )

Old
Holdem Manager ( HUD Heads Up Display ) - Mon Jul 25, 2011, 11:52 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
Hi, i most likely posted this in the wrong area but if somebody can answer this question it would be appreciatted or put it in the correct area and tell me where that area is please. Thanks

I got the Holdem Manager for the 15 day free trial period to see if it would help me. I'm trying to use the HUD and it doesnt work. Does the HUD work when your playing LIVE or is it only for analysing later when your finished playing? I know the Holdem Manager is for self Analysis but i thought the HUD was for Live Play. I tried playing live at a cash table but it didnt work. What do i have to click on to get the HUD to work when i sit at a table.

Is the HUD ( Heads Up Display ) for Live or Self Analysis later on AND also if you know what other functions does the Holdem Manager do, it would be very appreciatted?

I seen other things like TableNinja and others but they all cost about $100 or more each with tax.

Thank you

Last edited by Maritimer007; Mon Jul 25, 2011 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: grammer

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 01:53 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi maritimer,

I've don't use a HUD, but HEM is for live statistics tracking and historical hand analysis.

Here's a link to a post and a two recorded live training sessions on using HEM.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...old-em-Manager

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...-Display-Usage

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...-Self-Analysis

These may help or try searching the forum for HEM setup posts or google it.

Good Luck
annie

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 04:27 PM
(#3)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritimer007 View Post
Does the HUD work when your playing LIVE or is it only for analysing later when your finished playing? I know the Holdem Manager is for self Analysis but i thought the HUD was for Live Play. I tried playing live at a cash table but it didnt work. What do i have to click on to get the HUD to work when i sit at a table
A few things off the top of my head, forgive me if it's too simple:

-Make sure you're having Stars save the hand histories to your hard drive, and that HEM is pointed to that location to import.

-Make sure you're running auto import while playing.

-Make sure to set your screen name for the HUD to work (HUD options -> Set Hero Names)

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 06:15 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Yeah, I never got it to work either. But I'm not tech savvy, so that kind of stuff really frustrates me.

I checked the website for trouble-shooting and went through the suggested steps. And then when that didn't work, I contacted support and said hi, sorry to bother you but I checked out your website for help and saw the checklist of suggested steps and they didn't work (including a link to the steps) - can you suggest anything else. And they said thanks so much for choosing HM, and if I was having problems I should try the following steps, and that should solve the problem - and all they gave me was the suggested steps that I included in my email that I had already tried).

So then I didn't know what else to do. I found something else that said the firewall for Windows Vista was preventing HM from interacting with Stars, but I didn't want to turn it off. But then I got desperate, and turned it off anyways, and HM still didn't work.

Tried the 'on/off' thing a couple (of hundred) times, and that didn't work either. So I just ran out of ideas, and then the trial ran out too, and that was it LOL LOL.

I got the 'Leak Buster' thing to work so that was worth having had the chance to view - it only gave tips for play in the first two positions with the trial, but maybe UTG is where most people are too loose (including me), so that was really helpful stuff.

I wish I had gotten it to work, because I was seriously thinking of buying the Jr. Version.

GL with the set-up! Let us know if you get it to work!

Old
thanks - Mon Jul 25, 2011, 09:06 PM
(#5)
I went threw the HUD video and abut 16 minutes it stopped but the timer kept going. Did anyonelse have that problem?? I tried rebooting and other things but it didnt work.

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 10:17 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
I went threw the HUD video and abut 16 minutes it stopped but the timer kept going. Did anyonelse have that problem?? I tried rebooting and other things but it didnt work.
Oh, I didn't even notice there was a video - maybe I should have tried that. But then again, that's doubly frustrating if there's aslo problems with the help video. That's like a snafu within a snafu

Old
Tue Jul 26, 2011, 12:06 AM
(#7)
Since: Apr 2011
Problem with MS windows is that It saves lot junk in web browsers / system files etc that can slow PC (RAM, Cache) (specially old PCs), every week/month should clean files etc that's not need. otherwise u can have even worse problems later.
Here's some free advice, Links to Free programs that can help, This free advice would cost u US$ 25+ if u went to MS PC/IT Technician.
PC INFO/DATA; Official Site URL: http://www.piriform.com/speccy
PC SOFTWARE TOOL; Official Site URL: http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal/
PC CLEANERS;
1. Official Site URL: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
2. Official Site URL: http://www.360amigo.com

This is the old school why doing it
Your PC may need a clean, of Temp/browser cache etc, that slows down computer.
#1 Disk Clean
Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk cleanup then make sure u select drive u have OS on, then run program.
(this is for XP but be similar in other Operating Systems)
i all so use CCleaner to keep PC system running well

#2 Defrag System
Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defragmenter
then make sure u select drive u have OS on, then run program.
(this is for XP but be similar in other Operating Systems)

Read more: Stars Glitches - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1TB70UAmS
IF that's not problem, its software/update settings issues ( they trying to make u pay for it!)

Last edited by 0HighTimes0; Fri Jul 29, 2011 at 03:01 AM..

Old
TheLangolier or anyone who knows - Wed Jul 27, 2011, 11:55 AM
(#8)
Anyone that uses the HUD would you know why the Stats for each player are all over the place. Every persons stats are across the table or in a corner, nowhere near the players name. Its useless.

Any answer anyone, really appreciate it

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 01:46 PM
(#9)
Since: Oct 2010
Quote:
Anyone that uses the HUD would you know why the Stats for each player are all over the place. Every persons stats are across the table or in a corner, nowhere near the players name. Its useless.

You can move them. Right click and drag where you want them.

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 02:22 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:

DO YOU HAVE YOUR TABLE SETTINGS SET TO REMEMBER WHAT SEAT YOU WANT TO BE IN ??
YOU NEED TO TURN THAT OFF
GIVE THAT A TRY I THINK THAT WILL FIX YOUR PROBLEM
GOOD LUCK

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 03:03 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dR3am3R59 View Post
You can move them. Right click and drag where you want them.

Thanks. I kept left clicking and dragging as almost everything is done that way.

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 11:52 AM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
DO YOU HAVE YOUR TABLE SETTINGS SET TO REMEMBER WHAT SEAT YOU WANT TO BE IN ??
YOU NEED TO TURN THAT OFF
GIVE THAT A TRY I THINK THAT WILL FIX YOUR PROBLEM
GOOD LUCK

Where do i find that because its nowhere to be found in the HM. Do you mean the PREFERRED SEAT setting in Pokerstars?

Also, i have another question for you when im fixing the player preferences under HUD Options, the only time i can look at a real poker table with people around it, so i can get all the bugs out, is when im playing a real tournament or cash game and it tough to play poker & get everything looking good. HOW can i bring up a table besides one that is in live action so i can fix these mistakes without playing poker at the sametime.

Thanks, appreciatted

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 12:16 PM
(#13)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Where do i find that because its nowhere to be found in the HM. Do you mean the PREFERRED SEAT setting in Pokerstars?

Also, i have another question for you when im fixing the player preferences under HUD Options, the only time i can look at a real poker table with people around it, so i can get all the bugs out, is when im playing a real tournament or cash game and it tough to play poker & get everything looking good. HOW can i bring up a table besides one that is in live action so i can fix these mistakes without playing poker at the sametime.

Thanks, appreciatted
Yes, I believe he's referring to the preferred seat in pokerstars, however, when I was using PT3, that only made the stats appear in the wrong place for a few seconds, then they all shifted to the right spot. Not sure if it's different for HEM.

On the other issue, you could do a couple things, go to a home game club table if you're a manager or member of any. Second, there are tons of ring tables with one player who is sitting out. You can just go to one of those, and get it done there. I would do a play money table, and see if you can adjust it if you're sitting out too in order to avoid distractions.

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 12:36 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Yes, I believe he's referring to the preferred seat in pokerstars, however, when I was using PT3, that only made the stats appear in the wrong place for a few seconds, then they all shifted to the right spot. Not sure if it's different for HEM.

On the other issue, you could do a couple things, go to a home game club table if you're a manager or member of any. Second, there are tons of ring tables with one player who is sitting out. You can just go to one of those, and get it done there. I would do a play money table, and see if you can adjust it if you're sitting out too in order to avoid distractions.

I never thought about just Sitting Out... lol. Gotta use that brain more often

Thanks

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 01:26 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
GOOD JOB DAN
MY PT3 WOULD NOT WORK ON PLAY MONEY TABLES
I ONLY USED THE TRIAL ONE I WAS GETTING READY TO BUY IT WHEN THE HOLD EM TRIAL RAN OUT NEAR THE END OF APRIL BUT THEN CAME BLACK FRIDAY SO THE GOV. SAVED ME SOME MONEY LOL
GOOD LUCK

Old
I have a Question if this Situation happens. - Thu Jul 28, 2011, 04:32 PM
(#16)
If my PC crashed and i lost everything, i know Pokerstars has the hand history but what is in the Archive that i will be losing if Pokerstars has my complete hand history.

Also PT3, thats Poker Tracker 3, Correct? Its not in HM if you dont get the one combined wiith Omaha right? Because i dont see any PT3 in it anywhere.

Thanks

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 06:02 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Quote:
If my PC crashed and i lost everything, i know Pokerstars has the hand history but what is in the Archive that i will be losing if Pokerstars has my complete hand history.

Also PT3, thats Poker Tracker 3, Correct? Its not in HM if you dont get the one combined wiith Omaha right? Because i dont see any PT3 in it anywhere.

Thanks

IF YOUR PC BLEW UP WHEN YOU GET A NEW ONE YOU JUST INSTALL HM
THEM GET YOUR HAND HISTORY FROM PS AND IMPORT TO HM
AND YOUR RIGHT BACK WHERE YOU WERE

PT3 IS POKER TRACKER AND IS DIFF. FROM HM THEY ALSO HAVE A FREE TRIAL
I LIKED THE PT3 BETTER THEN HM BUT I PLAY MORE RINGS THEN MTT'S
THEY SAY THAT HM IS BETTER FOR MTT'S
HOPE THIS HELPS GOOD LUCK

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 08:48 PM
(#18)
(Head Trainer)
File --> Back up and Restore.

If you ever lose your hard drive you should have a back up file saved that, when you have a new machine, you can redownload HEM and restore your database. Make a habit out of backing it up regularly. Trust me, I learned this the hard way

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 08:53 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
File --> Back up and Restore.

If you ever lose your hard drive you should have a back up file saved that, when you have a new machine, you can redownload HEM and restore your database. Make a habit out of backing it up regularly. Trust me, I learned this the hard way
HEY DAVE AM I RIGHT THAT YOU COULD RE LOAD HEM ON A NEW PC AND IMPORT YOUR HH TO IT COS I'M NOT SURE
AND IS IT HEM THAT IS BETTER FOR MTT'S ??
THANKS

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com