Too Thight? - Mon Jul 25, 2011, 03:29 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
Hello
Im Playing NL5 24 tables one time.
This is my session results.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 1414 hands and saw flop:
- 49 out of 176 times while in big blind (27%)
- 18 out of 177 times while in small blind (10%)
- 88 out of 1061 times in other positions (8%)
- a total of 155 out of 1414 (10%)
Pots won at showdown - 24 of 47 (51%)
Pots won without showdown - 108

What do you think?maybe any major mistakes?

Please comment

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 05:59 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
10% looks really tight to me but then again I'm as loose as donk

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 03:24 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
You were playing 24 tables at one time? wow, how many people at a table? I don't think you did anything wrong considering your were playing so many tables where you pretty much just had to play your hand. If that's the case it's best to play premium hands, which I'm guessing you did. If you came out with a positive ROI or made profit, then it's all good.

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 07:06 AM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrei17731 View Post
You were playing 24 tables at one time? wow, how many people at a table? I don't think you did anything wrong considering your were playing so many tables where you pretty much just had to play your hand. If that's the case it's best to play premium hands, which I'm guessing you did. If you came out with a positive ROI or made profit, then it's all good.
Yes I play 24 tables

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 11:16 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
Welcome to the forum Nemastantis.

I think overall you may be a tad tight. I normally like to fall into the 12 to 15 range of all hands. But, you're 24 tabling, so if you're tight, I would guess the numbers would tighten up a bit.
This is a good visual example of multi-tablers and why you should pound their blinds. They just normally wont fight back without a premium hand. Small ball works great against them as you don't have to risk much and can fold to a 3-bet pretty easily.
I do suggest one thing, hide yourself from search if you haven't already. It doesn't take long to find if a player is multi-tabling when you play a lot of these yourself, but don't make it any easier for them to see how much you play by leaving the search feature on.

It's hard to open your range and play against specific opponent types when your multi-tabling, but maybe just a bit of opening up might help a little. Don't change anything drastically if you're winning, but you should have room to experiment a little.

Old
Tue Aug 23, 2011, 04:31 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I try to be in the 15-20% range... but that totally will depend on the cards you're seeing. I've been anywhere from as low as 4% to as high as 25%... it'll depend on what cards you're being dealt and what the others at the table are doing.

The telling number in my eyes is the showdown percentage. 51% of those that make it to showdown is alot lower than I personally like mine... I want to be at 80% plus with a goal of over 90%.

Bottom line will be the bottom line... and I hope you were +$$$.

Old
Mon Aug 29, 2011, 03:41 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
The telling number in my eyes is the showdown percentage. 51% of those that make it to showdown is alot lower than I personally like mine... I want to be at 80% plus with a goal of over 90%.
80-90% on the showdown is pretty tough to do if ur not playing really tight, unless ur competition is just awful

Old
Wed Aug 31, 2011, 01:59 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchup143 View Post
80-90% on the showdown is pretty tough to do if ur not playing really tight, unless ur competition is just awful
Yeah, 100% agree, 80% wins at showdown actually means you're making a lot of mistakes... it looks like a real pretty number but what it's really saying is you're not showing down nearly enough (you're folding too often post flop, you have to be playing pretty darn nitty to achive 80% JWK ).

51% is actually a pretty good number for this, especially combined with the non-showdown wins, It's pretty consistant with an ABC TAG mmt style though.

1400 hands is a pretty short session 24 tabling, curious OP why you're asking?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com