Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Pro's moving to play online

Old
Pro's moving to play online - Wed Jul 27, 2011, 03:16 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Just noticed Phil Galfond (MrSweets28 on stars) aka OMGClayAiken on ftilt moved to Canada to play on stars regularly. I love this as he was one of my favourite online players to watch on tilt. Isildur1 will be happy to get another nosebleeder, I see they are already 6 tabling 25/50 PLO tables, woot

Any1 know of any other pro's that have moved to play on stars lately?

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 04:04 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Daniel mentioned getting a Canadian address to be able to play on line during the WSOP Main Event coverage.

I'd think with his ties up there, it is a pretty good chance you'll see him soon.

What i'm curious aobut is how many pro's that DO "move" out of the U.S. will still reside here, and use IP bouncers. I'm also curious to see how strictly P-stars will be about tracking down the use of bouncers.

On line poker "attacks" by regulating agencies in the U.S. are a lot like weapons "races"...

You build a tank with thicker armor, I build an anti-tank missle with more penetrating power.
You build a stealthier air plane, I build a more powerful and more focused RADAR system...

You make poker "illegal" for U.S. residents and deny a huge percentage of revenue to Stars, they decide to look the other way about the use of things like bouncers on the basis that "residency" in a free society is a very fungible concept...

Last edited by JDean; Wed Jul 27, 2011 at 04:09 AM..

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 04:16 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
I'll be watching Galfond play for sure.

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 10:37 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
Daniel mentioned getting a Canadian address to be able to play on line during the WSOP Main Event coverage.

I'd think with his ties up there, it is a pretty good chance you'll see him soon.

What i'm curious aobut is how many pro's that DO "move" out of the U.S. will still reside here, and use IP bouncers. I'm also curious to see how strictly P-stars will be about tracking down the use of bouncers.

On line poker "attacks" by regulating agencies in the U.S. are a lot like weapons "races"...

You build a tank with thicker armor, I build an anti-tank missle with more penetrating power.
You build a stealthier air plane, I build a more powerful and more focused RADAR system...

You make poker "illegal" for U.S. residents and deny a huge percentage of revenue to Stars, they decide to look the other way about the use of things like bouncers on the basis that "residency" in a free society is a very fungible concept...
The main event is over except for the final 9.
If he thinks he can reside in Canada, yet play while in the states while "visiting," he's in for a surprise.
I think Stars will be investigating any former US resident quite thoroughly for IP bouncers.

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 12:57 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
The main event is over except for the final 9.
If he thinks he can reside in Canada, yet play while in the states while "visiting," he's in for a surprise.
I think Stars will be investigating any former US resident quite thoroughly for IP bouncers.
Yes there down to the final table now, I read in yesterdays Sun News paper that a Jobless Brit has made it through to the final table after only taking up poker professionally last summer after taking part in a £3 entry tournament while studying forensic science at University. His success in this paid for his time at college and convinced him to enter in bigger tournaments. And low and behold a year on he's sitting at the final table of the WSOP 11 with at least $480,000 in prize money. His name is Sam Holden, age 22 from East Sussex . I hope he goes all the way now $$$$

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 01:44 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by De Hitman View Post
Yes there down to the final table now, I read in yesterdays Sun News paper that a Jobless Brit has made it through to the final table after only taking up poker professionally last summer after taking part in a £3 entry tournament while studying forensic science at University. His success in this paid for his time at college and convinced him to enter in bigger tournaments. And low and behold a year on he's sitting at the final table of the WSOP 11 with at least $480,000 in prize money. His name is Sam Holden, age 22 from East Sussex . I hope he goes all the way now $$$$
I read the same article. His parents worried that Online Poker would distract him from his studies. He continued to do well in school, and now will make more than he would have had he found a job. LOL

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com