Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

When it all gets too much..............

Old
When it all gets too much.............. - Wed Jul 27, 2011, 05:28 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Take the day off and go racing.

I spent yesterday in a private box overlooking the finishing line at Goodwood courtesy of a rival (and therefore un-named site on which you can normally get a fair bet ) to the mighty Pokerstars. A cosy affair, with only ten of us sitting down for dinner, in the company of some very interesting people.

There was an intellectual property lawyer. Ever wondered why nothing more than a "name" can be so valuable? A stud researcher who quite literally knew every "soon to be born" thoroughbred and a likely price for each. And sat right next to me, Clive Smith, owner of my favourite horse over the last five years, Kauto Star.

All these people will be of some use to me in the future and it and I was thrilled to depart the meeting having made such useful new friends and with all their contact numbers. However............................

I drank so much Champagne that getting home was a bit of a blur. Almost 24 hours on and I'm still not fully recovered, but I'm steady enough to now be looking for all the things that should have arrived home with me. And there's one thing missing. My phone

The detective work begins

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 05:44 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2010
Call it

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 06:18 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
I like a little flutter on the Gee Gees myself, So if you have any tips you'd like to pass on, I'd be more than grateful. You've got my number,

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 06:19 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
That was #1 on the list. I'm not sure whether it's a good thing that it didn't get answered.

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 07:16 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
Take the day off and go racing.

I spent yesterday in a private box overlooking the finishing line at Goodwood courtesy of a rival (and therefore un-named site on which you can normally get a fair bet ) to the mighty Pokerstars. A cosy affair, with only ten of us sitting down for dinner, in the company of some very interesting people.

There was an intellectual property lawyer. Ever wondered why nothing more than a "name" can be so valuable? A stud researcher who quite literally knew every "soon to be born" thoroughbred and a likely price for each. And sat right next to me, Clive Smith, owner of my favourite horse over the last five years, Kauto Star.

All these people will be of some use to me in the future and it and I was thrilled to depart the meeting having made such useful new friends and with all their contact numbers. However............................

I drank so much Champagne that getting home was a bit of a blur. Almost 24 hours on and I'm still not fully recovered, but I'm steady enough to now be looking for all the things that should have arrived home with me. And there's one thing missing. My phone

The detective work begins
if you cant find it would the company issue you a free replacement?

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 07:36 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
That's not really my concern ron. It's what's on it that's really bugging me. Including the number of a rather fine filly that was coming into season

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 07:44 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
That's not really my concern ron. It's what's on it that's really bugging me. Including the number of a rather fine filly that was coming into season
i see now did you check the clothes you had on last night?did you mabe leave at a friends house earlier or after the race you were at?

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 08:04 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Darkman...

A mysterious psuedo-prostitute (it is a he/she named Betty-Fred, who only accepts credit cards that belong to bankrupts, hence the "psuedo") may have your telephone. Well, if truth be known, it is in the cloaca of her (his?) burro, named "Mr Jangles".

For information on how it came to be up there, you will have to consult Betty-Fred's pet french dwarf (named "Claude"). Be sure to bring a box of cuban cigars, and a lot of handi-wipe moist towelettes when you see him though...

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 08:18 PM
(#9)
Since: Nov 2007
I wonder if you are referring to BF, PP, or WH Darkman; I know where my money is...

Losing your mobile sucks. I lost my mobile of six years on a flight to Paris six weeks ago and I am still trying to get over it. I am also trying to get over how they eventually found it in Barcelona three weeks later with everything I had saved on the phone and sim deleted, but there you go.

Hi JDean, you are the man! You probably know more about poker than anyone on this site but it is sure hard to understand what you are saying sometimes for us mere mortals You even lost me on this one and that is saying something

TC

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 08:24 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
try calling the phone company, and asking them to track it for you, if you have the gps service activated on it they can tell you where it is

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 07:28 AM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2010
Try phoning the Betty Ford clinic and ask the "filly" for her number again.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com