Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

why should +20vpps play the premier league ?

Old
why should +20vpps play the premier league ? - Thu Jul 28, 2011, 02:53 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
hi, i just read that the players with +20vpps such as myself can only win the 1/3 of the prize they would have won in the open league for the same finish, which i dont understand why, i think it would be a piece of cake making the top 10 in the OL than it would be in the PL ...

also will the PL be invitational only or do u get thrown there automatically after making top 1500 ?

my point is, is it possible to choose between OL and PL after finishing top 1500 with +20vpps ?

Last edited by curvyroads; Thu Jul 28, 2011 at 02:56 AM..

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 03:21 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by curvyroads View Post
hi, i just read that the players with +20vpps such as myself can only win the 1/3 of the prize they would have won in the open league for the same finish, which i dont understand why, i think it would be a piece of cake making the top 10 in the OL than it would be in the PL ...

also will the PL be invitational only or do u get thrown there automatically after making top 1500 ?

my point is, is it possible to choose between OL and PL after finishing top 1500 with +20vpps ?

IN ANOTHER THREAD STAFF SAID YOU CAN STAY IN THE OPEN IF YOU WANT TO
SO I GUESS YOU CAN TURN DOWN THE INVITE
GOOD LUCK

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 03:30 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
pokerstars is a business, they want your money. you make VPPs by playing cash games or tournaments, from which they always take a rake or an entry fee.

by saying that only 150VPPs can claim all their prizes it is supposed to make you want to deposit more cash, play more (i.e. give them more money).

no matter how helpful they are, their main priority is taking your $$$$.

that's your answer.

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 03:42 AM
(#4)
tx for the replay,

but it says here http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/league

"Note: Members that have been invited to the Premier Skill League are not eligible to compete in the Open Skill League leaderboard during that month. For example, if you were awarded an 'August Premier Skill League Ticket', you will not be prevented from playing in the Open League tournaments during August, but your results in those will not be scored for the Open League leaderboard."

u mean if i turned down the invitation i'll be able to score in the OL?

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 03:49 AM
(#5)
if you turn down your invite then you can play in the OL tournaments but your points will NOT count on the leaderboard.

better to just accept the invite, maybe play some cash games and earn some more VPPs, it's not too hard to reach 150.

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 03:55 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
tx for the replay,

"Note: Members that have been invited to the Premier Skill League are not eligible to compete in the Open Skill League leaderboard during that month. For example, if you were awarded an 'August Premier Skill League Ticket', you will not be prevented from playing in the Open League tournaments during August, but your results in those will not be scored for the Open League leaderboard."

WELL STAFF DIDN'T SAY ALL THAT AND I DIDN'T READ THIS BEFORE
SO IT SEEMS STAFF WAS A BIT MISLEADING
SO IT LOOKS LIKE TO GET A PRIZE NEXT MO. YOU NEED TO PLAY THE PL
GOOD LUCK

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 04:12 AM
(#7)
or should i drop 400 points in 4 days ,

rewarding +20vpps OL players 3 times as much as the +20vpps PL players is just silly

where are u super staff ?

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 04:24 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
or should i drop 400 points in 4 days ,

rewarding +20vpps OL players 3 times as much as the +20vpps PL players is just silly

where are u super staff ?

YOU MIGHT HAVE TO LOSE MORE THEN 400 POINTS
SOME OF THE TOP 1500 WILL NOT HAVE 20 VPP'S
SO YOU MAY HAVE TO DROP DOWN TO 1800THPLACE OR LOWER
IF IT WAS ME I WOULD JUST PLAY THE PL
I THINK IT WILL BE MORE FUN

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 04:58 AM
(#9)
Since: Sep 2010
Amazing that you think that getting 10th in the open league next month in a field of over 110000 will be easier than getting 10th in the premier league (field of 1500).

Do you enjoy playing bingo in fields of 10000?

Playing 700 (doubt they will be bigger than that) man tourneys against people with something at stake will be so much easier.

If I fail to qualify this month, I will not even bother trying in August (or ever again probably). The open league is poker hell!

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 04:59 AM
(#10)
tx for the replies guys, i think i'm gonna have to drop as much points as i can and see how it goes, i'm pretty sure i will not reach 150vpps next month either with the limits i play, so this PL thing doesnt compute to me

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 05:00 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentire View Post
Amazing that you think that getting 10th in the open league next month in a field of over 110000 will be easier than getting 10th in the premier league (field of 1500).

Playing 700 (doubt they will be bigger than that) man tourneys against people with something at stake will be so much easier.

If I fail to qualify this month, I will not even bother trying in August (or ever again probably). The open league is poker hell!

I DON'T THINK THEY WILL HAVE EVEN 700

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 05:04 AM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentire View Post

lol, i wish we could trade

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 05:08 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Quote:
lol, i wish we could trade

WANT TO TRADE WITH ME ???

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 05:18 AM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
WANT TO TRADE WITH ME ???

lol, i would if it's possible

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 05:25 AM
(#15)
up to you, but 33% of a prize is better than 0%

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 05:28 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Quote:
lol, i would if it's possible

WELL IF YOU DID ALL YOU COULD PLAY IS PLAY MONEY GAMES

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 06:13 AM
(#17)
Quote:

My understanding of the situation is this:

If you'll be in the top 1500 - 20+ vpps, you'll be awarded the ticket for Premier League. That means you'll be taken into account for that leaderboard and you'll have no other choice. Though you'll be able to play in the open league, that will be worth only the 10$ prize per tourney.

So if you want to stay in "poker hell" as Pentire put it, you'll have two options: not earning 20 vpps this month, or dropping below 1500, I'd say 2500 to be sure you won't get there by mistake.

Dropping shouldn't be that hard, there are enough tournaments left. I wouldn't advice you to go all in preflop or being aggressive, because you never know. I think the best way would be to expect aggression and call with nothing, after limping, for an early exit.

Good luck whatever you may choose!

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 06:39 AM
(#18)
Since: Nov 2007
Nice post DR3 and I am still expecting you to make a late run for first place!!! I am also expecting you to give up the PSO Leagues and start moving into the poker elite.

Have you looked at qualifying for the EPT tour or PCA through satties? I think like a number of really good players on PSO, you should be setting your sights beyond the Leagues and moving on to bigger and better things!!!

And honestly if PSO want a real Pokerstar, they should be encouraging/staking this as well!!!

Just my 2 cents

TC

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 07:01 AM
(#19)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
tx for the replay,

Hey, curvy - here's the comment PSO-Staff made that Dennis mentioned :

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ualifier/page3 (halfway down the page).

Not sure if that means things officially got changed, and the page has yet to be updated? Or whether it was just an idea that has yet to be officially adopted? Maybe it might be worth getting a confirmation from Admin if you were thinking of trying to drop your ranking, just to be sure?

Good luck

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 07:08 AM
(#20)
BronzeStar
YEP THAT'S THE ONE SAM THANKS

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com