Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Playing two pair.

Old
Playing two pair. - Thu Jul 28, 2011, 03:35 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 03:48 AM
(#2)
I'm playing a 45 player sit n go and we're at the bubble. The player on the button has been playing pretty tight, he hasn't been doing much stealing and limping. He limps in so I'm guessing he has low- mid pair, KT, KJ, KQ don't really have a range for him. I flop top pair and he bets the pot. Even though I have a top pair, my kicker is dreadful, not mentioning the fact that I'm out of position. I decided that I would call the flop and fold on the turn if he bets too much. Turn comes, I have two pair. From this point on I didn't really know how to go about playing the hand, even though I was pretty sure I had him beat at that point. I decided to check/call with the intent of shoving on the river River comes the King of clubs which is somewhat of a good card for me because then he hits his range if he was bluffing on the flop and turn, but it was unlikely, I didn't think he would do that. It also completes a flush so I decided to check/call it, not wanting to get raised. Overall I didn't like how I played the hand, I think I should have check/shoved on the turn. How would you go about in playing the hand?

Last edited by andrei17731; Thu Jul 28, 2011 at 07:31 AM..

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 04:13 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
could you please repost your hand history in the hand replay thingy lol cbf analysing without it :P

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 07:37 AM
(#4)
ummmm, after I posted this I deleted the hand on my hand replayer file, sorry.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com