Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

What's the point of the league when the software decides your ranking ?

Old
Thumbs down
What's the point of the league when the software decides your ranking ? - Thu Jul 28, 2011, 10:13 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2009
Am i the only one who's got themselves into a challenging position in the league only for the software to decide that you're winning nothing but a minimal prize ? I got myself up to top10 in time for the last few days of play only to lose 4 in a row there , AA V TT , KK V T6 , KK V A9 ( nowt there for them on flop but calls the all-in anyway and rivers the A and AT v 45 off (have a flopped str8) . So from going from a challenging position , and my hands hold would probably be leading the league overall , i'm suddenly down to about 40th place ????????????? Is that why it's published "If you have a bad week there's always next month " ? I'm honestly sickened as i put a lot of time and effort to get myself challenging and to suffer this crap with only a few days to go is disgusting , especially when you watch some of them at the top winning every forced all-in bb , and winning with total crap , then getting themselves decent points hencewith . Disgusted and doubt i'll bother playing the premier league next month as there's no point when your fate is already decided for you , Getting punished for doing too well is something that Pokerstars seems to be good at and after 'seeing' this league out i'm out of there with whatever it decides i'm getting and off to play live as computer poker is all too rigged and corrupt for me ... rant over

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 11:00 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
dam right its rigged...........hiccup

l'm sick always winning cash on this site, it's just not fair to the rest of the players that play here

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 11:02 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2007
Yeah eff you keep taking my money with 27 off

You Effer

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 11:06 AM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
Yeah eff you keep taking my money with 27 off

You Effer
2 7o is the nuts......hiccup

and remember it's rigged for some of us to win or lose

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 11:16 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
yeah eff you keep taking my money with 27 off

you effer :d

ship it

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 11:39 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by StMirren View Post
Am i the only one who's got themselves into a challenging position in the league only for the software to decide that you're winning nothing but a minimal prize ? I got myself up to top10 in time for the last few days of play only to lose 4 in a row there , AA V TT , KK V T6 , KK V A9 ( nowt there for them on flop but calls the all-in anyway and rivers the A and AT v 45 off (have a flopped str8) . So from going from a challenging position , and my hands hold would probably be leading the league overall , i'm suddenly down to about 40th place ????????????? Is that why it's published "If you have a bad week there's always next month " ? I'm honestly sickened as i put a lot of time and effort to get myself challenging and to suffer this crap with only a few days to go is disgusting , especially when you watch some of them at the top winning every forced all-in bb , and winning with total crap , then getting themselves decent points hencewith . Disgusted and doubt i'll bother playing the premier league next month as there's no point when your fate is already decided for you , Getting punished for doing too well is something that Pokerstars seems to be good at and after 'seeing' this league out i'm out of there with whatever it decides i'm getting and off to play live as computer poker is all too rigged and corrupt for me ... rant over
AT least you can play.

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 11:49 AM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
ever try to use winning cheat codes??? it realy works

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 11:54 AM
(#8)
l wear a tin foil hat so there rigged software can't get to me

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 12:29 PM
(#9)
Im having the similar problems as you do you will have to learn to deal with it.But i have even better bad beat story.Earlier this month a busted from 4 tourneys in a row times with AA vs something,1x KK vs something and 1xAK vs Arag.After registering for the 5th tourney in a row on tilt obviously i lost power!I went to sleep then registered for the 6th tourney in a row and the same thing hapened!And yeah im having the similar bustouts like you these days...

I hope this will make you feel better

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 07:13 PM
(#10)
Thx for the support m8 , was doing ok next 1 there 800 odd left and lose TT v 44 so nowt changed ...... as for Effsea well if you want to OPR and compare stats you'll see who's took by far the most money from pstars , no competition there so i know my poker and know when it's got it in for me .... if you go by average games played to league points well think i'd be winning the league .... my problem with it is why wait til i'm top10 then give me the default software crap for 6 games in a row and counting with such a short space of time left ? Am i not being 'allowed' to win ? I've not changed my style of playing these ! I'll continue playing as i know with a fair crack at it i can still win the league this month but if it's more of the same then next month's cancelled and i'm going to take the offer up to go and play live regularly where i'll get a fairer deal ... unless the dealer's the magician Dynamo ....... but that'll be the global premier leagues loss which most who've met me at the tables would agree with ! ...... rant again is over

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 07:27 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Thx for the support m8 , was doing ok next 1 there 800 odd left and lose TT v 44 so nowt changed ...... as for Effsea well if you want to OPR and compare stats you'll see who's took by far the most money from pstars , no competition there so i know my poker and know when it's got it in for me .... if you go by average games played to league points well think i'd be winning the league .... my problem with it is why wait til i'm top10 then give me the default software crap for 6 games in a row and counting with such a short space of time left ? Am i not being 'allowed' to win ? I've not changed my style of playing these ! I'll continue playing as i know with a fair crack at it i can still win the league this month but if it's more of the same then next month's cancelled and i'm going to take the offer up to go and play live regularly where i'll get a fairer deal ... unless the dealer's the magician Dynamo ....... but that'll be the global premier leagues loss which most who've met me at the tables would agree with ! ...... rant again is over

lol you the man,

yes l'm only a free roller, congrats on your opr stats,

my comment is on your rigged theory, get yourself a tin foil hat, it may help,

cheers

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 07:29 PM
(#12)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:

YEP IT'S RIGGED
THAT'S THE ONLY REASON YOU GOT UP THAT HIGH
THEN WHEN THEY UNRIGGED IT THAT'S WHEN YOU WENT DOWN
PROVE I'M WRONG

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 07:47 PM
(#13)
Hey StMirren, there's still 20 games left to play and if you get decent ITM points in half of these games you could easy win the league as your only 160 points behind. but you won't win jack it if you tilt yourself by blaming software or anything else. Just play your game, stick to your game plan and accept the losses when they come. we all have a down swing now and then, I'm on a run of 5 bad finishes myself but that's purely down to how I'm playing. Risk, Reward surely comes into play this late into the month and we all no how the 2nd best hand is winning the majority of the pots in the league this month. the decision you have to make now is when to bet/call/raise or fold and if your facing a big minus score then maybe fold is the key until your 98% certain your holding the winning hand. But most of all you have to be gracious in defeat as you are when winning, It's poker bud and with every winner there's a loser. Man up and take the loses on the chin and come back the next game with a bit more determination and a little less tilt." Remember Daniel Son, Wax On Wax Off "

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 08:32 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Quote:

Okay I know I'm just a dumb-azz donk but I'm confused here. First you say that the RNG has it in for you but then when eff and a few others call BS on this you chirp about your OPR numbers (which are very good BTW,grats on that no doubt) as a testament to your knowing what you're talking about.

So your saying that when you lose it's the RNG dumping on you and when you bag a good result it's all on account of your stellar play? Because I have to tell you that's how these 2 posts read.

And whilst I'm just a little guppy in the big ocean of on-line play I have played live for over 25 years,not ever very seriously and not always very well. But I can say this with 100% conviction--the ONLY thing I've noticed different about the deal between live and on-line is the sheer volume of hands one sees on-line. Those beats you describe in your OP? Shoot I've had worse than that in one cash table session in Atlantic City more times than I care to remember.

80-85% means that 10-15% also is a possibility guy. When that run of 10-15% coming over and over happens at the MOST inopportune time it suck rocks. But it does happen and it happens to all of us. I'm gonna go out on a limb and bet there's a player or 10 who was pissing and moaning about that luckbox,suckout donk StMirren in your biggest victories here. It's part and parcel of the game,on-line or live.

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 09:06 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
What's the use in playing poker at the local B&M when those dayum dealer's fingers keep dealing me hands that get cracked.

What's the sense in continueing to put my tongue in that light socket, when all I do is get shocked!

Sigh.

Woe is me!

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 09:09 PM
(#16)
Since: Jul 2011
lol this has to be a joke right/? lol mega sigh

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 09:09 PM
(#17)
Haha I'm not all-in happy like the rest and weigh up the percentages when in a hand i.e. how many of you call your flopped flush draw when only 2 of you in the hand and the other guy's pushed all-in ? I don't cos i'm only getting even money on actual 2/1 odds . When my chips are in i'm ahead and getting gd odds , well most of the time . I'll post a PSO example and get the hand analyser involved which'll give you a right gd example of my pso fortunes atm

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 09:19 PM
(#18)
PokerStars Game #65194710011: Tournament #411630580, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2011/07/28 18:12:38 WET [2011/07/28 13:12:38 ET]
Table '411630580 878' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: StMirren (1410 in chips)
Seat 2: TOlAN PILE (1415 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 3: RAYDEN30 (5420 in chips)
Seat 4: Excali100 (3420 in chips)
Seat 5: cocococo21 (1440 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 6: fèfè76 (1440 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 7: Ivanoffskiy (3395 in chips)
Seat 8: MISHY 1976 (2110 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 9: maca624 (1470 in chips) is sitting out
RAYDEN30: posts small blind 15
Excali100: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to StMirren [Qh Ks]
cocococo21: folds
fèfè76: folds
Ivanoffskiy: calls 30
MISHY 1976: folds
maca624: folds
StMirren: calls 30
TOlAN PILE: folds
RAYDEN30: calls 15
Excali100: checks
*** FLOP *** [6s Qc 7h]
RAYDEN30: checks
Excali100: checks
Ivanoffskiy: checks
StMirren: bets 120
RAYDEN30: folds
Excali100: folds
Ivanoffskiy: calls 120
*** TURN *** [6s Qc 7h] [9d]
StMirren: bets 180
Ivanoffskiy: calls 180
*** RIVER *** [6s Qc 7h 9d] [Js]
StMirren: checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Ivanoffskiy: shows [9h Jh] (two pair, Jacks and Nines)
StMirren: mucks hand
Ivanoffskiy collected 720 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 720 | Rake 0
Board [6s Qc 7h 9d Js]
Seat 1: StMirren mucked [Qh Ks]
Seat 2: TOlAN PILE (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: RAYDEN30 (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 4: Excali100 (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 5: cocococo21 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: fèfè76 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: Ivanoffskiy showed [9h Jh] and won (720) with two pair, Jacks and Nines
Seat 8: MISHY 1976 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: maca624 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 09:23 PM
(#19)
Deleted user
I got you beat...heehaw...heehaw

*********** # 1 **************
PokerStars Game #65216202197: Tournament #411630633, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2011/07/28 18:17:36 PT [2011/07/28 21:17:36 ET]
Table '411630633 271' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: crasty.1971 (1735 in chips)
Seat 2: ichithekill (635 in chips)
Seat 3: El_Tio_Tripa (270 in chips)
Seat 4: ruly999 (2780 in chips)
Seat 5: Blues Girls (2125 in chips)
Seat 6: oliy86 (524 in chips)
Seat 7: fuzzyamp (1400 in chips)
Seat 8: Champiiion (5607 in chips)
Seat 9: IseeCookies (1354 in chips)
fuzzyamp: posts small blind 15
Champiiion: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to IseeCookies [Ad Ac]
IseeCookies: raises 90 to 120
crasty.1971: folds
ichithekill: folds
El_Tio_Tripa: raises 150 to 270 and is all-in
ruly999: folds
Blues Girls: calls 270
oliy86: folds
fuzzyamp: folds
Champiiion: folds
IseeCookies: raises 1084 to 1354 and is all-in
Blues Girls: calls 1084
*** FLOP *** [3h Kh 2h]
*** TURN *** [3h Kh 2h] [Ah]
*** RIVER *** [3h Kh 2h Ah] [9s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
IseeCookies: shows [Ad Ac] (three of a kind, Aces)
Blues Girls: shows [As 8h] (a flush, Ace high)
Blues Girls collected 2168 from side pot
El_Tio_Tripa: shows [Qc 9d] (a pair of Nines)
Blues Girls collected 855 from main pot
IseeCookies finished the tournament in 5052nd place
El_Tio_Tripa finished the tournament in 5053rd place
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3023 Main pot 855. Side pot 2168. | Rake 0
Board [3h Kh 2h Ah 9s]
Seat 1: crasty.1971 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: ichithekill folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: El_Tio_Tripa showed [Qc 9d] and lost with a pair of Nines
Seat 4: ruly999 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Blues Girls showed [As 8h] and won (3023) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 6: oliy86 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: fuzzyamp (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: Champiiion (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: IseeCookies showed [Ad Ac] and lost with three of a kind, Aces

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 10:23 PM
(#20)
Quote:
Haha I'm not all-in happy like the rest and weigh up the percentages when in a hand i.e. how many of you call your flopped flush draw when only 2 of you in the hand and the other guy's pushed all-in ? I don't cos i'm only getting even money on actual 2/1 odds . When my chips are in i'm ahead and getting gd odds , well most of the time . I'll post a PSO example and get the hand analyser involved which'll give you a right gd example of my pso fortunes atm

Dude what part of me saying 10-15% happens didn't register with you. No one's disputing that you probably got your chips in dominant and maybe with only one street to fade more often than not. Been there done that. And sometimes when 10-15% happens it happens in streaks. Been there done that as well. We ALL have. Hell 5% even,that's been shoved up my wazoo in streaks before to.

Think for a minute on the number of hands being dealt on this site at any given minute,every frigging minute of the day. You really think they're focusing their efforts on little old you? Really?

Someone,somewhere is in the middle of getting azz-raped by the ****le hand of fate on here as we speak. A lot of someones actually. It was your turn in the barrel is all. When it happens at a really bad time,yeah it really,really stings then.But is DOES happen. To everyone.

Also you may want to either read,or re-read,the info on how the RNG works.

If all that doesn't assuage your fears/hallucinations/dementia then may I suggest you get out now while you have your BR and your sanity (more or less...) intact?

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Thu Jul 28, 2011 at 10:26 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com