Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Howe to survive the "idiots"?

Old
Howe to survive the "idiots"? - Thu Jul 28, 2011, 11:41 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Hi everyone,

is there any advise possible about how to deal with the players who go (and call) all in with ridiculous cards, but constantly get lucky and kick you out of the tournament?
It's been happening to me for quite some time now, and frankly, it's really starting to get on my nerves.
An example : I have AJs on the button, and there are only a few limpers.
(BB = 200, pot is about 800)
I have a big stack (7000) and decide to go all in.
One of the limpers (about the same stack) decides to call me with KJo.
He gets a K on the river, I get nothing.
Now, I know it might seem foolish to go all in with a stack like that, but I see many people go all in with much worse cards, so I thought "why not".
Since there were only a few limpers, it seemed rather unlikely that anyone would call, right?
This is just 1 example (I've had much worse scenario's !), but it keeps on happening and kicking me out of the tournaments.
Does anyone have similar experiences?
And how do you play your low pocketpairs? (22-33-44-55)
I see people go all in with them all the time (and getting lucky !!!), but whenever I try something similar, (or even just limp) : all I get is sh##.
I have even stopped playing them most of the time (at any position), because in my experience, chances of winning with them are less than 10%.
Thanks for your reactions!

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 07:19 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
don't go all in unless you've got the nuts...a,j is not the nuts

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 07:42 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bindy67 View Post
don't go all in unless you've got the nuts...aj is not the nuts
+1

If you don't have the nuts, muck. When you get a marginal hand, muck. Just sit back, be patient, and let them KO each other.

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 08:37 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bindy67 View Post
don't go all in unless you've got the nuts...a,j is not the nuts
Agree, agree, agree!!!!!!

One day I registered but could not play. Sat out the whole tourney, still finished in the points. You just need to be patient and fold, fold, fold till you have the nuts.

Herk

Old
Fri Jul 29, 2011, 01:22 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipergsm View Post
Hi everyone,

is there any advise possible about how to deal with the players who go (and call) all in with ridiculous cards, but constantly get lucky and kick you out of the tournament?
It's been happening to me for quite some time now, and frankly, it's really starting to get on my nerves.
An example : I have AJs on the button, and there are only a few limpers.
(BB = 200, pot is about 800)
I have a big stack (7000) and decide to go all in.
One of the limpers (about the same stack) decides to call me with KJo.
He gets a K on the river, I get nothing.
Now, I know it might seem foolish to go all in with a stack like that, but I see many people go all in with much worse cards, so I thought "why not".
Since there were only a few limpers, it seemed rather unlikely that anyone would call, right?
This is just 1 example (I've had much worse scenario's !), but it keeps on happening and kicking me out of the tournaments.
Does anyone have similar experiences?
And how do you play your low pocketpairs? (22-33-44-55)
I see people go all in with them all the time (and getting lucky !!!), but whenever I try something similar, (or even just limp) : all I get is sh##.
I have even stopped playing them most of the time (at any position), because in my experience, chances of winning with them are less than 10%.
Thanks for your reactions!

Available on 2+2 for the low,low price of $49.99....VPM (VooDoo Monkey Paw).

Never sweat donks again. Just wave the VPM over your hand right before showdown and it will magically transform your holdings into the nuts. Or for even more fun watch your opponent lose their mind (for most of them that's a trip to the small claim's department...) by waving the VPM over THEIR hand and having it transform to 8 of clubs and a blue #5 UNO card. (Disclaimer: DO NOT use this tactic before the river whence playing any cash game above $5 on Stars as you likely won't get full value on the hand.You CAN use this tactic on the flop in PSO however, as 90% of the PSO players will STILL ship this hand...)

Keep in mind that after every 10 uses the VPM must be re-charged by ritually sacrificing a penguin. Luckily for you when Black Friday hit I had a nice cache of penguins and they just aren't getting the job done moonlighting as midget,tuxedo-wearing crack dealers so I'm letting them go CHEAP,CHEAP,CHEAP.

Old
Fri Jul 29, 2011, 02:52 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
My favorite way to avoid being put off my game my the donks of the world is simple...

I use a very shiny object as a card protector.

Moxie Pip is so entranced by staring at it that he forgets to play his normal 72o hands!

Old
Sat Jul 30, 2011, 02:20 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
My favorite way to avoid being put off my game my the donks of the world is simple...

I use a very shiny object as a card protector.

Moxie Pip is so entranced by staring at it that he forgets to play his normal 72o hands!

...the shiny,candy-like button.

(FYI that will never,eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever,get me to fold 94o...Da Monkey Nutz.)

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com