Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Small stack shove

Old
Small stack shove - Thu Jul 28, 2011, 11:58 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=AB4BEE4F06

Hello ,

Please tell me what you think of this play - long term I feel it is correct , I would appreciate your feedback .

Thankyou .

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 01:12 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
PSO or cash game?

If a cash game, then I like the shove after the others limped. You could limp too, but I think either shoving or folding would be a better play. A shove adds to fold equity and is in your favor.

PSO, however, I don't like it as much. The reasoning is that it's still relatively early and you'll get a negative league result from it. Until you get into positive points territory, you don't want to be going all-in without at least a made hand, if not the nuts. Yes, there are alot of chips in the pot, but basically any hand that will call your all-in will be ahead of you. The number of chips you can win won't balance out the risk of the negative league points.
The first goal in any PSO game is to avoid negative points if at all possible, then to get ITM. Pushing when you most likely don't have the best hand will get you into too much trouble.

Old
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 02:34 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2011
It was a 25c 45 man sitngo . I thought I did something right with it . Of course I would not do such a thing in the PSO leagues but , in the SnG I expected everyone may fold - unlucky I suppose .

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com