Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Premier league and Open league payment structure in august

Old
Premier league and Open league payment structure in august - Fri Jul 29, 2011, 02:36 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Has anyone else noticed about the weird payment structure of next month between the Premier league and the Open league for those who made between 20-150 fpps?
In the open league they give those with 20 fpps an overall prizes of 11k$ , and in the premier league it's only 3k$.
There is a reason there should be bigger prizes in the Premier league, it's because the top best 1500 players play this league and it's much more tough to win it. If I play in the Open league next month, I can think about getting a great position in the league since there won't be 1500 great players in it. Ah, and yes, I know that in the open league we will play against donkeys but so will everyone else.

Just a thought

Old
Sat Jul 30, 2011, 09:06 AM
(#2)
Can any admin/mod answer me why it goes like that please?

Old
Sat Jul 30, 2011, 09:14 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
COS THAT'S THE WAY IT IS

Old
Sat Jul 30, 2011, 09:49 AM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
COS THAT'S THE WAY IT IS

That's not the answer I was expecting for, LOL.
I think i'm almost the only one who has problem with it since most players made over 150 vpps anyway.

Old
Sat Jul 30, 2011, 09:51 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizog1357 View Post
Has anyone else noticed about the weird payment structure of next month between the Premier league and the Open league for those who made between 20-150 fpps?
In the open league they give those with 20 fpps an overall prizes of 11k$ , and in the premier league it's only 3k$.
There is a reason there should be bigger prizes in the Premier league, it's because the top best 1500 players play this league and it's much more tough to win it. If I play in the Open league next month, I can think about getting a great position in the league since there won't be 1500 great players in it. Ah, and yes, I know that in the open league we will play against donkeys but so will everyone else.

Just a thought
thats good thinking my friend theres 2leagues each with 2divisions,the 20vpps to 149.99vpps division in premier league should be playing for the 11k prize pool while the 20vpps to 149.99vpps in the open division should be playing for the 3k prize pool!

Old
Sat Jul 30, 2011, 10:17 AM
(#6)
Justice should be make
I just hope it's not too late for us

Old
Sat Jul 30, 2011, 10:33 AM
(#7)
Since: Nov 2007
I would say there are a lot of people on the 20VPP level mizog.

Unfortunately, putting it around the other way, would attract less players to the site/s and that is one of the objectives of the League, so unfortunately I do not believe they will do that. And off course they want players to aim for 150VPP because it brings in more rake.

I would suggest that they make the prize money level for 20VPP in the premier League at least the same as the Open League. In my opinion people need to be allowed to develop their game at a comfortable pace and encouraging people to aim for 150 VPP when they or their bankroll are not ready for it is counterproductive in the long run. That being said I also understand that any player will never progress or develop without moving up the levels.

Another option could be a 50 or 75 VPP level with better prize money. I believe the progression from say 20 VPP to 75VPP, and then from 75 to 150 VPP per month is more measured than the jump from 20VPP to 150VPP. Indeed they could then up the VPP requirements as the League progressed to further develop players.

Just my thoughts, not set in stone or anything like that and I would welcome the opinions and ideas of other on this point.

TC

Old
Sat Jul 30, 2011, 12:43 PM
(#8)
Great idea hope someone reads this and make the changeshttp://www.pokerschoolonline.com/forum/images/smilies/thumbup.png

Old
Sat Jul 30, 2011, 01:22 PM
(#9)
Since: Dec 2010
If u have a look at the Pokerschool premier league thread pg 1 at the top of this section you will see that this has been brought up.
I am in full agreement - If you do not get 150+vpps you are getting ripped off !!!
Any1 remember the old PSO and the term Whitestar ???
Where they only got 10% of the winnings some1 with 20+vpp's got ???
Well this is exactly the same !!! $500 instead of $5000.
Might as well go for the open league if u have'nt got 150+vpp's.
At least you will have a shot at $1500 - (along with the 125,000 others !!!! lol). B

Last edited by Brizer73; Mon Aug 01, 2011 at 09:31 AM..

Old
Sat Jul 30, 2011, 01:26 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizer73 View Post
If u have a look at the Pokerschool premier league thread pg 1 at the top of this section you will that this has been brought up.
I am in full agreement - If you do not get 150+vpps you are getting ripped off !!!
Any1 remember the old PSO and the term Whitestar ???
Where they only got 10% of the winnings some1 with 20+vpp's got ???
Well this is exactly the same !!! $500 instead of $5000.
Might as well go for the open league if u have'nt got 150+vpp's.
At least you will have a shot at $1500 - (along with the 125,000 others !!!! lol). B

SO HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY THAT YOU GOT RIPPED OFF FOR ??

Old
Sat Jul 30, 2011, 01:32 PM
(#11)
$1,783,552 and 14 cents to be precise.
Don't split hair's D.
You know what i'm saying and i know what you are saying.
Spending a month qualifying for the Premier league ??
I Would want a better prize if +20 but -150 vpp's.
Take last month for example - i found out on the 27th or 28th things were changing 4 this month.
Not alot of time to rack up those vpp's if your far away from the 150 mark. lol B

Old
Sat Jul 30, 2011, 01:59 PM
(#12)
Didn't notice that this issue has been discussed already, sorry about that.
Anyway, those ideas are cool and can work out eventually.
If nothing of does work, at least make it 7500$ each league for those who made 20-150 vpps (just a suggestion).
I never made over 150 vpps, only got close to 120 but that's it. Plus I spent alot of effort for that

Old
Sat Jul 30, 2011, 02:18 PM
(#13)
Not moaning Mizog m8 it is a very good topic.
I have read afew posts that state maybe another pay bracket should be awarded at 75vpps.
Remember this will be the 1st month of the Prem and 2nd of the " Open League ".
And like any idea on earth it has to be given time B4 it can be refined and made better.
I will tell you this - Anything has to be better than the " Open League " lol B

Old
Sat Jul 30, 2011, 03:36 PM
(#14)
I have collected 133 vpp's so far THIS YEAR 38 of them this month.

At the micro levels, not quite as easy as people suggest, especially if you don't have sufficient time to grind the tables, and extra especially if you are not adept at multi tabling.

Old
Sat Jul 30, 2011, 04:12 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
It comes down to a simple cost-benefit analysis. For those at the 150+ level, there is no question that the premier league holds the most promise. There is no question that the Open League favors those below the 20 VPPS level since this is all they have available. The time to do an analysis is for the player between these two groups. So here's a few things to consider:

In the Open League:

1 ---- How much will it cost me to obtain the needed VPPS? (Consider $1/per VPPS if you haven't been playing cash games.) Active players should use their worse month and double the cost as a benchmark.

An example: If the worse month cost you $8 to earn 20 VPPS, use a cost figure of $16. If you extrapulate for 150+ VPPS, your cost is 7.5 times, or $120.

2 ---- Determine where you must finish to break even. In the case shown above, you would need to be no lower than $15 to have a reasonable chance at making a profit. Compare this with your finish in this month's competition. If you are at a profit level for 20, it is reasonable. If you are at a profit for the 150+, then you need to earn more VPPS as you are cheating yourself out of a higher payout. If you are at a loss, how much effort is needed to achieve a profit? How reasonable is that goal?

In the Premier Qualifying League:

1 ---- How good are you in MTT? If you can reach the cash level often enough that you can either show a profit, or earn VPPS at a lower cost than you do in other games, this option will get you to the Premier League at the 20+ level.

2 ---- Does the Premier League offer incentive enough to play if you make it to the top 200? Assume you forego VPPS during your stay in the Premier League, which means demotion next month. Are you good enough to earn a prize? If so, the Qualifier League offers the best option.

Right now, no such analysis can be made since everything is still ill defined. If you made it to the Premier League, try earning the minimum 20+, and consider the month a testing ground. Again, you'll want to know if the prize earned for 150+ VPPS will outweigh the additional costs. If not, you may consider avoiding the VPPS as a more viable option.

Old
Sat Jul 30, 2011, 06:10 PM
(#16)
Since: Sep 2010
here is some food for thought if it is costing you money or if you are losing money to make your vpps then people you may want to ask yourself just how good am I at this game we call poker.Seems to me we should be looking at earning the vpps as a chance to apply what we have learned from the lessons in pso,notice I did not say what we have learned in the league tournaments...lol.All I see are posts lately about how much it is costing people to earn their vpps hopefully most are making a profit while earning their vpps otherwise poker on line may be a losing proposition for most making the pso a waste of time anyway ,,,,,except oh thats right they give money away for simply an investment of your time seems like a pretty good deal to me.anyway gl to every1 whichever league you are in ....scorp

Old
Sat Jul 30, 2011, 06:37 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion1367 View Post
here is some food for thought if it is costing you money or if you are losing money to make your vpps then people you may want to ask yourself just how good am I at this game we call poker.Seems to me we should be looking at earning the vpps as a chance to apply what we have learned from the lessons in pso,notice I did not say what we have learned in the league tournaments...lol.All I see are posts lately about how much it is costing people to earn their vpps hopefully most are making a profit while earning their vpps otherwise poker on line may be a losing proposition for most making the pso a waste of time anyway ,,,,,except oh thats right they give money away for simply an investment of your time seems like a pretty good deal to me.anyway gl to every1 whichever league you are in ....scorp

Old
Sun Jul 31, 2011, 03:39 AM
(#18)
Since: Apr 2011
BronzeStar
Wow, can't believe you asked that. Everybody who is playing real money is paying. Even if he is making a profit he is still bringing money to the site by rake so everyone who is fighting for VPP's is a paying customer and should be treated accordingly. Now I'm pretty happy with PS but your comment made it seem like they are doing us a favor, which is not the case.

Old
Sun Jul 31, 2011, 03:53 AM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonelG56 View Post
Wow, can't believe you asked that. Everybody who is playing real money is paying. Even if he is making a profit he is still bringing money to the site by rake so everyone who is fighting for VPP's is a paying customer and should be treated accordingly. Now I'm pretty happy with PS but your comment made it seem like they are doing us a favor, which is not the case.
DON'T KNOW WHAT QUESTION YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT

SO IT'S NOT A FAVOR
BUT DO THEY HAVE TO HAVE A LEAGUE ??
DO THEY HAVE TO GIVE ANY MONEY AWAY ??
DO YOU HAVE TO PLAY REAL MONEY TO WIN MONEY ??WOULD YOU STOP PLAYING HERE IF THERE WAS NO LEAGUE ??
YOU DON'T FIGHT FOR VPP'S YOU EARN THEM DON'T YOU ??
DON'T YOU TRY TO ALSO MAKE MONEY WHILE EARNING VPP"S ??
DO THEY HAVE TO HAVE THE SCHOOL ??
ARE THEY DOING US A FAVOR ??
HMMMMMMM
WELL GOOD LUCK

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 03:07 AM
(#20)
Since: Apr 2011
BronzeStar
Well, honesty I like PS mainly because of the league, otherwise I might be playing another site. And the league is here to attract new members and make them play tables. By teaching them how to play they ensure that the players are here for the long run. So it's a business decision. And a very nice one at that...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com