Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

My look on this

Old
My look on this - Fri Jul 29, 2011, 03:12 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
I've heard a few peeps bitch about one county or another being donks or shovemonkeys etc.

What l have found, that l have seen some very good players no matter where there from, also some very cool peeps,

l for one wait to l see there playing habits 1st. before l judge,

anyways just my 2 cents,

cheers good players of the world

Old
Fri Jul 29, 2011, 03:56 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post
I've heard a few peeps bitch about one county or another being donks or shovemonkeys etc.

What l have found, that l have seen some very good players no matter where there from, also some very cool peeps,

anyways just my 2 cents,

I heard the exact same thing. I obviously don't believe it every person is different even if they are from the same country, there are good and bad players everywhere.Whoever came up with this idea is obviously wrong. Nice Post.

Old
Fri Jul 29, 2011, 04:13 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
Thinking peeps from a certain region of the world are automatically donks...Brainless.

Thinking peeps from a particular nation are automatically donks...clueless.

Thinking peeps from a certain metropolitan area are automatically donks (like the GTA for instance...)...Spot on observation.

Good topic bro. I know this place gets you all tilty but would you please get yer azz in here a little more? Forum needs you.

Old
Fri Jul 29, 2011, 04:22 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Thinking peeps from a certain region of the world are automatically donks...Brainless.

Thinking peeps from a particular nation are automatically donks...clueless.

Thinking peeps from a certain metropolitan area are automatically donks (like the GTA for instance...)...Spot on observation.

Good topic bro. I know this place gets you all tilty but would you please get yer azz in here a little more? Forum needs you.

lol....hiccup

as for the forum needing me, not sure about that, but, cheers bro

Old
Fri Jul 29, 2011, 04:59 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
My take on it is this, I agree every country has good and bad players. However, there are countries that tend to have more bad players... aka russia.

They seem to have the most players in these pso games and yet the top russian is 160+??? Cmonnn :P

I also look at my tracked cash stats and have made the most profit off of them ...... and quite often will chose a table that has more russians than one with say, germans. Personal pref I guess

Old
Fri Jul 29, 2011, 05:12 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
My take on it is this, I agree every country has good and bad players. However, there are countries that tend to have more bad players... aka russia.

They seem to have the most players in these pso games and yet the top russian is 160+??? Cmonnn :P

I also look at my tracked cash stats and have made the most profit off of them ...... and quite often will chose a table that has more russians than one with say, germans. Personal pref I guess

as to the worlds stats,

The county with the highest lost % is Australia,

l forget where Russia was,

anyhow, the point of this thread was sorta,

it's who your playing at the time?

is it the nationality, or the poker player?

cheers, back to drinking

Old
Fri Jul 29, 2011, 05:22 PM
(#7)
Australia huh. Makes sense,those donks can't even build a toilet that flushes in the right direction.

My one nearly fail-safe barometer was always that almost any player,regardless of country,sporting a Mafia/gangster/mob movie name and/or avatar was usually an idiot. Didn't go in with this bias but just noticed it by observation,over and over.

Old
Fri Jul 29, 2011, 05:55 PM
(#8)
Since: Apr 2011
i have been watching some of the play styles there is some they seem to like to sit back with a big hand and pounce on the river,they have caught me a few times put me out in the minuses ,would have to tip my hat there are some great players

i had a bad run and cursed the brazilian players one night i lost three straight to the brazilians,they seemed to get the river card everytime ,was just a bad night for me not that they are bad players ,i cursed out loud my nieghbours may not be happy if they heard lol

can i have one of what effs having hiccup,or maybe two its a long weekend

Old
Fri Jul 29, 2011, 06:25 PM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post

anyways just my 2 cents,

Eff, I have met some very cool peeps and good players also.
I must say after the loss of our American cool peeps and good players,
my interest in the league was gone. POOF
The expanded league with the opportunity to play with many
different nations represented, has rekindled my interest and enjoyment.

I still miss my American Friends on the Felt.

Old
Fri Jul 29, 2011, 07:06 PM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzys View Post

WE SHALL RETURN

Old
Fri Jul 29, 2011, 07:08 PM
(#11)
Quote:

yes darling,

it's just not the same, but the drunk tank helps

cheers,

Old
Fri Jul 29, 2011, 07:41 PM
(#12)
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
WE SHALL RETURN

What kills me is the same azz-clowns who are getting ready to 86 our economy by defaulting on the debt ceiling are worried about ME (or anyone else) going Busto playing on-line poker. Pffffft.

Tell you what geniuses,let US handle our money (the money we don't have taken away to pay YOUR salaries and benefits,amongst other things) and WE'LL find someone more capable to take YOUR place and manage this country's affairs.

Charlie Sheen would be an improvement at this point.

Winning!!!

Old
Fri Jul 29, 2011, 08:27 PM
(#13)
The obvious statement is correct but I am yet to come across a Russian who play's decent poker, all the ones I have sat with treat the game like a Typical Freeroll and just Raise and Call just for the hell of it, Maybe It's because there not down with PSO and the League and feel they have nothing to lose by going out early with there, quite simple "Lunatic Poker" I'm not stating that ALL Russians play in this way, BUT I am yet to meet one that doesn't, The best player I have came across is a player by the name of Bornabodega from HR ~ Croatia who is currently on page 1, If you want to watch a player with good MTT skills rail this player for one game, he's not your normal clock and grind player, He play's very entertaining poker and uses bet sizes and reraises to lure his victims in. Iv'e had the opportunity to sit at a table with him twice this month and on both occasions he blew the table apart, So I decided to watch him in a few games and he didn't disappoint me. I would have him down as One to challenge for 1st place next month for sure. Most of the Spanish player's I have came across seem to be very aggressive player's as-well, and will play ATC out of position just so there in the pot. But all in all I take your point Eff and tarring every one with the same brush just because of the country they reside in doesn't make sense. 1 player out of a billion can make that country so famous, Take Roger Federer from Switzerland for instance.

Old
Fri Jul 29, 2011, 09:32 PM
(#14)
and we also miss you

Old
Sat Jul 30, 2011, 09:33 AM
(#15)
BronzeStar
I always loved that 'It's a Small World' ride at Disney World ... just the idea of how we're all the same, but have different cultures and customs and stuff.

If ever this poker thing becomes profitable for me (and/or I win the lottery!) I'd want to spend my winnings travelling the world to all those places I've seen on Amazing Race, to try out all those foods I've seen on the Food Network.

It's so amazing that everybody else in the world speaks English so well - and I can barely talk French, and I studied it all through high school because it's an official language of Canada. How does the rest of the world do it?

It's kind of neat to be able to meet people from around the world and have poker in common ... the shoving every hand with 24o, I could do without - but the rest is kind of cool

It really isn't the same with our neigbors to the South though - really hoping that changes soon so things can go back to being like old times

Old
Sat Jul 30, 2011, 09:55 AM
(#16)
Since: Nov 2007
I agree with you eff, lots of skilful players from every country, and even some of the really laggy players have a strategy and really tighten up when they amass some chips.

There are only one group of players that I cannot abide and those are the guys that seem to have some sort of "mother" and "death" fixation along with a few other well chosen words, really very immature IMO.

Oh and I agree with DeHitman, Bornabodega, is a really skilful player. One to watch for sure

TC

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com