Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Unlucky or Poor Play - Pocket AA Beaten

Old
Unlucky or Poor Play - Pocket AA Beaten - Fri Jul 29, 2011, 09:13 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
I have had pocket aces cracked on four occasions over the past two days playing 6 handed micro stakes NL game. It just happens to be that this has occurred on the last four times I have pocket aces.

I have bet heavily each time hence I have lost my stack on each occasion but I would be interested in some feedback as to how I can play these hands better. The last time I have included below and will put the same in the hand analysis part of the forum.

Table 'Altona VII' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: JDubyaTas ($9.28 in chips)
Seat 2: Dav1dos ($11.98 in chips)
Seat 3: TIOLAVARA67 ($4 in chips)
Seat 4: VAVASTER ($28.11 in chips)
Seat 5: BadBoy3030 ($19.24 in chips)
Seat 6: IgorJan ($10 in chips)
Dav1dos: posts small blind $0.05
TIOLAVARA67: posts big blind $0.10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to JDubyaTas [Ah As]
VAVASTER: calls $0.10
BadBoy3030: raises $0.30 to $0.40
IgorJan: folds
JDubyaTas: raises $1.10 to $1.50
Dav1dos: folds
TIOLAVARA67: folds
VAVASTER: folds
BadBoy3030: calls $1.10
*** FLOP *** [Kh Th 7s]
BadBoy3030: checks
JDubyaTas: bets $3.09
BadBoy3030: calls $3.09
*** TURN *** [Kh Th 7s] [7h]
BadBoy3030: checks
JDubyaTas: bets $4.69 and is all-in
BadBoy3030: calls $4.69
*** RIVER *** [Kh Th 7s 7h] [8c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
BadBoy3030: shows [Td Tc] (a full house, Tens full of Sevens)
JDubyaTas: shows [Ah As] (two pair, Aces and Sevens)
BadBoy3030 collected $17.90 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $18.81 | Rake $0.91
Board [Kh Th 7s 7h 8c]
Seat 1: JDubyaTas (button) showed [Ah As] and lost with two pair, Aces and Sevens
Seat 2: Dav1dos (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: TIOLAVARA67 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: VAVASTER folded before Flop
Seat 5: BadBoy3030 showed [Td Tc] and won ($17.90) with a full house, Tens full of Sevens
Seat 6: IgorJan folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Old
Wed Sep 07, 2011, 04:55 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2011
Why are you leading into him? It reads that you are on the button.

Don't overplay your topsets. The flop is where you went wrong, the bet was too big. I would've cbet 2.10 as the board is wet.

I don't think you could've got away from this hand, it was a case of needing to bet every street and getting sucked out.

Id never get my stack in without a set or more, unless the villain was very fishy.

Last edited by scotty200480; Wed Sep 07, 2011 at 07:52 AM..

Old
Wed Sep 07, 2011, 08:22 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty200480 View Post
Why are you leading into him? It reads that you are on the button.

Don't overplay your topsets. The flop is where you went wrong, the bet was too big. I would've cbet 2.10 as the board is wet.

I don't think you could've got away from this hand, it was a case of needing to bet every street and getting sucked out.

Id never get my stack in without a set or more, unless the villain was very fishy.
lol wat? he never had top set... he has Aces baby, of course he is going to lead into him, and he has the backdoor to the nut flush.... just a cooler man nothing wrong with your play really

Old
Wed Sep 07, 2011, 10:28 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
lol wat? he never had top set... he has Aces baby, of course he is going to lead into him, and he has the backdoor to the nut flush.... just a cooler man nothing wrong with your play really
Overpair (stand corrected).

According to the HH, our hero is on the button, why is he betting first on the flop?

Old
Mon Sep 12, 2011, 05:58 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty200480 View Post
Overpair (stand corrected).

According to the HH, our hero is on the button, why is he betting first on the flop?
he isn't betting first...the player in front of him checked and called on all three streets

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com