Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Two sets in a row.. losing BOTH

Old
Two sets in a row.. losing BOTH - Sun Jul 31, 2011, 09:40 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Unbelievable. First I get KK, and get quite a few people in the pot. I flop a set and am sure I' going to take down a nice pot here. The poker gods thought differently.

Next hand, small stack, I get dealt 33. I push it in hoping to get lucky. I flop a set again! I thought I'd get my stack back to a level I can play with. I lose, again, against a damn KK hand that hits the overset. I've never had two of these horrible beats in a row!

Old
Sun Jul 31, 2011, 09:56 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2010
For the KK hand i would have bet more preflop and on the flop also. On the flop you made such a weak bet, there's also a straight on the board. I would of bet close to the pot or maybe even the pot. Pretty unlucky losing both sets but it happens.

Keep your stick on the ice

Old
Sun Jul 31, 2011, 02:09 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by NL_Niels View Post
I've never had two of these horrible beats in a row!
One thing you can be sure of, if you keep playing poker you will eventually out do these back to back beats with an even worse pair of beats.

Old
Sun Jul 31, 2011, 05:13 PM
(#4)
Since: May 2011
BronzeStar
so sick....

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 03:06 AM
(#5)
Since: May 2011
Its not sick - its just standard stars garbage played out time after time after time with even bigger spouts of garbage coming out from the people who will post on here about luck, variance and loads of other rubbish instead of just saying - YOU WERE SET UP so that you couldnt win but would lose and hopefully deposit more money.

Old
Mon Aug 22, 2011, 11:30 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2011
1) Bet more OTF

2) Best hand won

Old
Mon Aug 22, 2011, 11:48 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy8334 View Post
Its not sick - its just standard stars garbage played out time after time after time with even bigger spouts of garbage coming out from the people who will post on here about luck, variance and loads of other rubbish instead of just saying - YOU WERE SET UP so that you couldnt win but would lose and hopefully deposit more money.
But yet you continue to enjoy the site, no?

Old
Mon Aug 22, 2011, 12:15 PM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy8334 View Post
I was set up like this all the time, but that was because I tried using aluminum foil instead of tin foil for my hat! Now that I switched, these things stopped happening altogether!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com