Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Stop yer whining

Old
Stop yer whining - Mon Aug 01, 2011, 05:54 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2009
10x VPP multiplier for August, 75VPP = 750VPP = silver star.

Presuming that multiplier will apply here also, or at least there would be a solid groundswell argument for it to do so >>> no declining the Premier League ticket for September.

gl this month as always.

(ship me platinum for Sept!)

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 06:15 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
What has happened is that someone at Pokerstars doesn't understand the difference between multiplication and division.

They are clearly not multiplying your vpps.

They are dividing by 10 the required number of vpps for some of the VIP levels.

There may well be an argument for a multiplier to be put into effect here, but only based on someone's lack of understanding of basic maths and english!

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 06:42 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentire View Post
What has happened is that someone at Pokerstars doesn't understand the difference between multiplication and division.

There may well be an argument for a multiplier to be put into effect here, but only based on someone's lack of understanding of basic maths and english!
in which case I'm not sure I understand the difference either....are you forgetting that there are yearly VPP targets as well as monthly?

it would also appear that the VIP FPP multiplier also applies to the 10x VPP accrued in the month, so more FPP for tickets, cash and the VIP store sale.

lastly, and the point of this thread, the VPP 10x multiplier should affect the VPP requirement for the league qualification, ergo 15VPP = 150VPP meaning all and sundry get to enjoy the $5k Premier League payout for 1st as opposed to the $500 for 20VPP

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 06:47 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Have another look liz. I think Pentire's take on this is the correct one. Which kinda renders all your assumptions invalid

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 08:58 AM
(#5)
I stand corrected =]
Saw 10x and my brain stopped registering words, whupsie.

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 09:06 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentire View Post

Where does pokerstars say they are multiplying by 10x? I only see the notice saying , earn Vip levels ten times faster - which is correct.

Last edited by Da Sens Fan; Mon Aug 01, 2011 at 09:33 AM..

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 09:31 AM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2010
zlizard

10x VPP multiplier for August,

Read more: Stop yer whining - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1Tmej3Tly

It's been changed. Earlier this morning, the word "multiplier " was everywhere.

Last edited by Pentire; Mon Aug 01, 2011 at 09:34 AM..

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 09:36 AM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
It does not say vpps are earned 10x faster on that link, read it again.

It says Vip Status will be earned ten times faster. (aka they cost 10% normal) You still earn VPP's at the same rate.

Just read your edit - that would explain the confusion I guess. Was all fixed when I checked

Last edited by Da Sens Fan; Mon Aug 01, 2011 at 09:39 AM..

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 09:45 AM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
It does not say vpps are earned 10x faster on that link, read it again.

It says Vip Status will be earned ten times faster. (aka they cost 10% normal) You still earn VPP's at the same rate.

Just read your edit - that would explain the confusion I guess. Was all fixed when I checked
I'm guessing what Pent is saying is that they've updated the web pages so it now says 'faster' instead of multiplier.

I got the wrong end of the stick earlier, but if you wanna go back in time there are some web-archives somewhere that should host the original pages as posted...(useful when you need to argue about some Terms of Service that have been updated after you sign-up)

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com