Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Everybody's Plantinum!!!!!

Old
Everybody's Plantinum!!!!! - Mon Aug 01, 2011, 06:06 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
Check out this link, and definitely watch the video. Apparently Jason Mercier hates doing promotional material, so this was kind of priceless to watch.

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/prom...ip-club-month/

Looks like there're going to be a ton of extra stars on people's avatars this month. What do you guys think of this promo?

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 06:24 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2011
dbdfghdfghgsfvhsct

Last edited by Weee--Waise; Fri Aug 05, 2011 at 10:13 PM..

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 06:27 AM
(#3)
Cool.

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 07:15 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
Looks like there're going to be a ton of extra stars on people's avatars this month. What do you guys think of this promo?
I'm thinking if I'll be showing my vip level or not, because I'm not a fan of bling bling. Though Platinum would look nice on me.

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 08:31 AM
(#5)
Since: Dec 2010
Well said DR3 m8
I have 18 Supernova stars but i don't like to show off !!!!! B

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 09:25 AM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2010
I wasn't even a silverstar before... but this month i WILL be a platinum star!! Everybody will bow down to KING EAGLE!! MUHAHAHAHAHAH

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 09:30 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Anything below a gold star means very little to me when playing at cash tables, sure i'm a little hesitant if i'm in a hand with a silver star but a gold star and above has a little more table presence and should be a warning to not mess with them unless you are holding the nuts, I'm sure that there are quite a few gold stars and above that have great jobs and deposit large amounts of money and can safely afford to piss away that extra money on a monthly basis to gain those stars also.

If i might also add that a lot of people like to hide their stars, so my comment on the face value of those stars goes out the window if they are, then it all comes down to good old fashion work, skill and might I add "Luck" to that equation? when trying to make money at this crazy game we like to play/hate at times.

Read more: Everybody's Plantinum!!!!! - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1TmeGl96Y

You make your decisions on how many stars people have. Isn't that what Pokertracker is for?

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 09:40 AM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Stars have nothing to do with quality of play, they are an indicator of rake paid... watch half of the supernovas and look up their stats... a good majority are breakeven players making cash on the rakeback

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 10:40 AM
(#9)
dbdfghdfghgsfvhsct

Last edited by Weee--Waise; Fri Aug 05, 2011 at 10:11 PM..

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 10:42 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weee--Waise View Post
If their star is not hidden (like I said previously, gold or higher) and I have reason to believe they are a very good player and i have played them before with notes on how they play in certain situations, then for me the star does play a somewhat small part in making a decision to play the hand further or not. I'm still learning this game and have made a lot of progress in what i have been taught in some of the live sessions and just from playing in general and being part of PSO, even though i am probably not well liked on here, I am not going anywhere and plan on sticking around here because this forum and site has tons of free advice for the novice player to learn and build their game upon.
Well you got 2 points right

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 11:04 AM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
SilverStar
Got my Platinum!!

In this amount hands.....under 2 hours of play.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 1761 hands and saw flop:
- 88 out of 332 times while in big blind (26%)
- 54 out of 328 times while in small blind (16%)
- 85 out of 1101 times in other positions (7%)
- a total of 227 out of 1761 (12%)
Pots won at showdown - 66 of 95 (69%)
Pots won without showdown - 188

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 11:13 AM
(#12)
(Head Trainer)
It's a nice promo, damn.

VPP status doesn't mean squat regarding playing ability. In my HUD training session I had a supernova at the table and picked on him the whole session, his playing style was hugely exploitable. If I was "scared" of his stars and only willing to play against him with the nuts, I would have lost out on a lot of free money. lol

When I did a couple micro stakes sessions for live training people kept asking if I thought I was having an easier time because the players at 2nl and 10nl were scared of my stars (was platinum at the time). I said no, I'm having an easy time because they're largely terrible players that make a lot of mistakes. I was doing a lot of attacking weakness, and they were folding, and some thought it was just the stars and microstakes players don't normally fold. "It's gotta be the shoes". Someone challenged me to turn the VPP status display off and do a micro session, so I did just that, a starless micro-stakes session. I still attacked weakness and they still had fold buttons when their hands were weak, and the session really played no differently. They were still largely bad players making lots of mistakes.

At any rate, like room said the stars just indicate how much rake or juice the player has paid. And they earn VPP's for all rake remember. The last month before black Friday I was goldstar and I earned a good 80% of those VPP's playing 3-6 and 5-10 limit omaha/8. The Gold/Platinum/Supernova sitting at your table may be a winning player in something else but not even playing their primary game with you. Not everyone specializes in nlhe, there's a lot of profit in other games.

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 11:20 AM
(#13)
I wonder if Caddymix knows he's famous?

(Double) Congrats, CoTe! Looks like someone's moved up in stakes.

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 11:23 AM
(#14)
fghjkhgfdsgh

Last edited by Weee--Waise; Fri Aug 05, 2011 at 10:08 PM..

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 11:53 AM
(#15)
(Head Trainer)
Just make sure you're not using a screw driver to hammer nails, it doesn't work real well. IMO one is much better off using observational data to determine the strength of their opponent, since the VPP status offers no skill indication what so ever for the game you're sitting in atm.

Sorry for trying to help, my bad.

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 12:19 PM
(#16)
hgjkhgfdhjkgfdsghjkgfdsh

Last edited by Weee--Waise; Fri Aug 05, 2011 at 09:57 PM..

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 01:04 PM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weee--Waise View Post
Don't be sorry!, I respect advice from players like you, I take what i have learned and keep adding what i can pick up from people such as yourself to hopefully make my game just that little bit better and not worse, I might have a few bad habits that I have picked up since I started playing, but at the same time I have thankfully lost a few of those bad habits, seems to me like i need to just look at those stars a little differently from here on out. thanks for the advice, Greatly appreciated.
iv played super nova super nova elites and team poker star pros before,iv never felt any different playing against these players then i normally would

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 01:08 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by II CoTe ll View Post
Got my Platinum!!

In this amount hands.....under 2 hours of play.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 1761 hands and saw flop:
- 88 out of 332 times while in big blind (26%)
- 54 out of 328 times while in small blind (16%)
- 85 out of 1101 times in other positions (7%)
- a total of 227 out of 1761 (12%)
Pots won at showdown - 66 of 95 (69%)
Pots won without showdown - 188
How many tables? and do you think you can get to supernova? better bonuses in that stratosphere and again congrats on the title

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 01:09 PM
(#19)
Deleted user
I got a trash can instead of stars and a email saying here you go "ass hat"!

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 01:15 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
I got a trash can instead of stars and a email saying here you go "ass hat"!
how fitting

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com