Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

ID Verification

Old
ID Verification - Mon Aug 01, 2011, 10:00 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi all,

Need a little help. I've been asked to verify my ID ( driver's license, passport by attachment) for pokerstars. Has anyone else had this request?? How do I go about doing this... not that great on the computer. Good luck to everyone in August.

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 10:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
the easiest way to do this is to scan or take a photo of the documents requested and email to support @pokerstars.com.

What brought the situation on? a screen name change, multiple accounts?

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 10:11 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Yes i have had it 2 - never been asked before - Rather perturbing !!!!

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 10:35 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
I was asked too, It has probably never came up before because I've never had to deposit in the year I have been on Pokerstars but I sure hope they don't follow up on it because I don't have a Passport, Drivers Licence or Government ID Card.

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 10:39 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerbhoy74 View Post
I was asked too, It has probably never came up before because I've never had to deposit in the year I have been on Pokerstars but I sure hope they don't follow up on it because I don't have a Passport, Drivers Licence or Government ID Card.
Do you live under a bridge? and you will have to do it or no money... And congrats on your finish

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 10:54 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
I got it to sent a message to pokerstars asking why i need to, i have been making deposits for 5 years directly from my bank account. so i shouldn't have to again

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 11:05 AM
(#7)
it seems a little backwards for them to accept monies without knowing where it coming from, but yet they wont pay you without this information.

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 11:05 AM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2011
hgjklhgfdghjkhgfdhj

Last edited by Weee--Waise; Fri Aug 05, 2011 at 10:10 PM..

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 11:06 AM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
Do you live under a bridge? and you will have to do it or no money... And congrats on your finish
I've actually already withdrawn most of the money, had no problem just like in the past, just don't want my account to be frozen while I get documentation.

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 11:09 AM
(#10)
yuioiughfthjklhgfdhjk

Last edited by Weee--Waise; Fri Aug 05, 2011 at 10:09 PM..

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 11:28 AM
(#11)
My issue with this is the fact ive been screwed in the past giving out personal info online. I use a pre-paid credit card whenever buying something online. I have no problem responding to a mailed letter to my current address but to give up Drivers licence #, Passport info. That is too personal and I dont believce that the information is needed for anything. If i am not the name on the cheque, than it cant be cashed plain an simple.

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 11:30 AM
(#12)
dfghjkl;

Last edited by Weee--Waise; Fri Aug 05, 2011 at 10:07 PM..

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 11:38 AM
(#13)
Since: Sep 2010
(Administrator)
Please see my sticky post in the General forum about league awards for July. Our system sent the wrong status emails out. Please check your pokerstars account. If you have been paid for July then please ignore the email. If you have not then please follow up with verifications@pokerstars.com

Sorry for the confusion this has caused.

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 12:23 PM
(#14)
Thanks for the input from all. Point being I have been playing in the league since it started ( had an account before that) and had small cashes each month ( no problems). This month I pushed for the 150 vpps and maybe that is why I recieved the email.

Pso admin ... email stated that cash was withheld pending verification.. I will check for your sticky. Just doesn't feel right with all the ID theft going on to give that kind of info online.

Thanks again everybody

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 01:31 PM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-Staff View Post
Please see my sticky post in the General forum about league awards for July. Our system sent the wrong status emails out. Please check your pokerstars account. If you have been paid for July then please ignore the email. If you have not then please follow up with verifications@pokerstars.com

Sorry for the confusion this has caused.
another question when are the premier tickets being handed out?aug.2nd?

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 01:40 PM
(#16)
Since: Apr 2010
I was asked for some sort of proof ages ago
So I scanned my driving liscence but only showed my face , name and address
This worked for me

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 01:47 PM
(#17)
Since: Mar 2011
they froze my acount 2 days back had to send photo coppy of my driving licens back and front sorted
but the email to day askt for it again or no pay out but they paid it in ennyway lol ges thay wont every ones id right
and dont chat to me on the tabels this month thats coss iv got a month chat ban lmfao.

Last edited by BUZZLIYEAR; Mon Aug 01, 2011 at 01:50 PM..

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 01:48 PM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUZZLIYEAR View Post
they froze my acount 2 days back had to send photo coppy of my driving licens back and front sorted
but the email to day askt for it again or no pay out but they paid it in ennyway lol ges thay wont every ones id right
i diddnt get asked for any

Old
ID Request Resonse - Mon Aug 01, 2011, 02:48 PM
(#19)
Since: Oct 2010
Yeah, I got one as well and for now I will accept the PS response to this forum to ignore it as I have been creditted with the money. Yahoo!

Old
Mon Aug 01, 2011, 03:12 PM
(#20)
I got the same email, but my account has been credited.

Alas, I'll ignore it too - hope it won't have any effects on receiving the Premier League ticket.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com