Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

PL Qualifiers have BS too ?

Old
PL Qualifiers have BS too ? - Tue Aug 02, 2011, 08:23 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010

yet another min raise / sat up from UTG with KK , i could swear he had KK when he called my raise ,

after finishing ITM for my first tournament with complete air in every pot i won, now they screwed me with this classic BS, big stakes at the tables got there by donking btw, and how come these players dont have a PSO profile so we can check how new they are to adjust our play ?

that was my 2nd and last tournament there, idk if anyone has any success there but those Qualifiers seem to be donk friendly too, you would lol if you saw the next hands won by these donks...

Last edited by curvyroads; Tue Aug 02, 2011 at 08:43 PM.. Reason: typo

Old
Tue Aug 02, 2011, 08:32 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
not really sure what to say about this, are you saying you donked your way to this spot and then knew what the guy had and still called with nothing? If it were me I would not show this hand for the whole community is going to put a note on you.

Old
Tue Aug 02, 2011, 08:56 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
not really sure what to say about this, are you saying you donked your way to this spot and then knew what the guy had and still called with nothing? If it were me I would not show this hand for the whole community is going to put a note on you.
i meant itm in my 1st tournament, i edited the post...
and for the note this is not my "A" game, i'm just improvising and praying to lady "luck" to make my hands hold
anyway have u played any of those tournaments? they seem that every one has an advantage over you somehow

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 09:58 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
I honestly don't see where you have any point to complain. He had pocket kings and played them aggressively, as you should with a group one hand. You called with a very good hand. You caught the top pair. He pushed, you called. On the turn, there was a long-shot chance you had the straight, which might have been the reason for his hesitation. You went all-in and he decided to call. My thinking is both of you played it right, but only one can win.

Of course my luck with those cowboys would have either a queen or ace show on the river.

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 10:20 AM
(#5)
(Head Trainer)
1. Your preflop call on this stack size with AQ is really bad. Glad you qualified this was not your "A" game.

2. The villain played his KK fine, And sometimes the best hand wins. Where is the donk play? (Besides the preflop call?)

Old
Thu Aug 04, 2011, 04:41 AM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
1. Your preflop call on this stack size with AQ is really bad. Glad you qualified this was not your "A" game.

2. The villain played his KK fine, And sometimes the best hand wins. Where is the donk play? (Besides the preflop call?)
and what is the correct play mr ? fold AQ to a min raise and wait for what to go allin with after the blinds and get a suck out to add to my collection?

that player was donking i know what i'm talking about and when he got KK everything got sat up form him to get payed off, not the 1st time i've seen this, min raising KK from UTG i can only imagine the damage if that was me,

and no the best hand never wins for me on jokerstars, i played 3 days now between PL and PLQ and my showdown wins are still 0, yesterday i lost my JJ/18BB call against a TT/10BB shove, after that it's game over as u all know

anyway check out the wonders again, look what a nice board for someone who calls a 3BB raise with ATs, (and no, i was calling to see what he had ) the guy didnt even bother putting me on anything

i'm gonna have to start limp/minraise and see how it goes
damn you addiction

Last edited by curvyroads; Thu Aug 04, 2011 at 04:51 AM..

Old
Thu Aug 04, 2011, 10:07 AM
(#7)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by curvyroads View Post
and what is the correct play mr ? fold AQ to a min raise and wait for what to go allin with after the blinds and get a suck out to add to my collection?
Don't be silly. Fold is by far the worst play in your spot.

Unless the villain ONLY min-raises with monsters, in which case yes you should fold. But based on your ringing endorsement of his play through out the tournament, it sounds like his range is much wider than monsters.

Old
Thu Aug 04, 2011, 10:30 AM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
Noted!!!

Old
Fri Aug 05, 2011, 02:53 AM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Wait...

Are you guys telling me top/top is NOT "the nuts"??????

OMG...go figure.

Old
Fri Aug 05, 2011, 02:56 AM
(#10)
check out my 2 last showdowns in PL, against the same player who just won with 2 sets in a row

i'm telling u these guys dont even have to think or face any tough decisions to win big pots, they get all the goods even when they screw up preflop..

day 5, wins at showdowns are still 0

Old
Fri Aug 05, 2011, 03:30 AM
(#11)
LOL,unless your intention is to show everyone just how bad a player you are you should really think twice before you post anymore hands IMO.

The 43o hand I mean ....WTF???!!!

A. You do know that you have a fold button right? Just because they're letting you see a cheap flop (potentially anyway,if that's MY BB I'm punishing you're limping azzes...) doesn't mean you have to. You have 43o and you're in the worst position. FOLD that crap,or if you do play at least raise to try and steal (depending on your reads of course).

B. You hit a piece on the flop and it checks around. Ok no real harm done there,I guess. Middle pair/no kicker is hard to open with.

C. You hit the turn,have 2 pair and MIN-BET???!!! Jaysus why not just check and let them completely freeroll the river card why dontcha?

I mean YOU decided to call pre-flop. No one made you. How much better do you want to be with that crap hand than 2 pair at the turn and you STILL won't bet???

There is no way he is EVER folding top pair/K kicker to a min-bet here.

D. River you get exactly what you deserve. Well actually you don't. He shoulda tried to tap your goofy butt for more than a min-bet.

The AKs hand,I don't get it. What's your complaint here?

That he only min-bet? Hmmm maybe he was hoping some donk would shove over top of him by feigning timidity.

Looks like it worked...

As to your comment about them not having to make any tough decisions...well when you MIN-BET the guy with 2 pair on the turn you aren't exactly making him make a tough decision now are you?

As for any donk moves in these hands I'll give you 3 guesses who made them and the first 2 don't count.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Fri Aug 05, 2011 at 03:35 AM..

Old
Fri Aug 05, 2011, 03:43 AM
(#12)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
I THOUGHT HE HAD TO BE JOKING
IF IT WASN'T A JOKE, IT'S THE FUNNEST NON JOKE. LOL

Old
Fri Aug 05, 2011, 05:46 AM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
LOL,unless your intention is to show everyone just how bad a player you are you should really think twice before you post anymore hands IMO.

The 43o hand I mean ....WTF???!!!

A. You do know that you have a fold button right? Just because they're letting you see a cheap flop (potentially anyway,if that's MY BB I'm punishing you're limping azzes...) doesn't mean you have to. You have 43o and you're in the worst position. FOLD that crap,or if you do play at least raise to try and steal (depending on your reads of course).

B. You hit a piece on the flop and it checks around. Ok no real harm done there,I guess. Middle pair/no kicker is hard to open with.

C. You hit the turn,have 2 pair and MIN-BET???!!! Jaysus why not just check and let them completely freeroll the river card why dontcha?

I mean YOU decided to call pre-flop. No one made you. How much better do you want to be with that crap hand than 2 pair at the turn and you STILL won't bet???

D. River you get exactly what you deserve. Well actually you don't. He shoulda tried to tap your goofy butt for more than a min-bet.

The AKs hand,I don't get it. What's your complaint here?

That he only min-bet? Hmmm maybe he was hoping some donk would shove over top of him by feigning timidity.

Looks like it worked...

As to your comment about them not having to make any tough decisions...well when you MIN-BET the guy with 2 pair on the turn you aren't exactly making him make a tough decision now are you?

As for any donk moves in these hands I'll give you 3 guesses who made them and the first 2 don't count.
lol i'm just trying to show u that i lose every hand no matter how i play it, 43 was just a test and u saw how it went, there is no way i'm betting more than the minimum OOP after hitting 2 pair against luck boxes, u see i know it's going to lose to a set or a straight, it always does, the bet was just to get information cuz i know one of them is calling no matter how much i bet, and why are u saying i shouldnt play 43 with those pot odds, i did get 2 pair didnt i ?

and what do u mean i got what i deserved on the river ? why cant be him the one getting what he deserves after slow playing ?

as for AK you're calling me a donk after shoving my 10BB into a min raise ?

is this the kind of player who is going to outplay me ? i dont think so

Last edited by curvyroads; Fri Aug 05, 2011 at 05:51 AM..

Old
Fri Aug 05, 2011, 05:50 AM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
I THOUGHT HE HAD TO BE JOKING
IF IT WASN'T A JOKE, IT'S THE FUNNEST NON JOKE. LOL

yea, sadly my hands turn into a joke every time, strong, weak, marginal... hero = 0

Old
Fri Aug 05, 2011, 06:04 AM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
why the hell would u make your opponent fold after making 2 pair with a small pot ?

Old
Fri Aug 05, 2011, 12:31 PM
(#16)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
lol i'm just trying to show u that i lose every hand no matter how i play it, 43 was just a test and u saw how it went, there is no way i'm betting more than the minimum OOP after hitting 2 pair against luck boxes, u see i know it's going to lose to a set or a straight, it always does, the bet was just to get information cuz i know one of them is calling no matter how much i bet, and why are u saying i shouldnt play 43 with those pot odds, i did get 2 pair didnt i ?
LOL, if I didn't know better, I'd think this entire paragraph was a level.

Quote:
as for AK you're calling me a donk after shoving my 10BB into a min raise ?
Well this one I think you played fine. But the play of other hands in this thread are what lead to the donk comments.

Surprised this thread hasn't been moved to the bad beat forum where it belongs. There you can commiserate with the other oppressed players who can never win.

Old
Fri Aug 05, 2011, 05:41 PM
(#17)
*sigh*

You really don't get it do you? I'm not saying that your shove with the AKs was the wrong move,in fact it was exactly the right move. But YOU are upbraiding the villain over his min-raise open and my contention is that he's probably doing that hoping for action,and indeed even hoping someone would sense weakness in his bet and jam over top of him,which you did. You were absolutely correct to jam that hand with a 10BB stack yes,but maybe give some consideration to the why's of what he did,instead of just posting a hand and calling him a donk.

As to wanting action in the 2 pair hand---well you got what you wanted so why the beef? Me, I can get away with gaining ANYTHING playing garbage like 43o OOP and I'm happy.

And as for why I wouldn't play 43o OOP (limping OOP even...sheesh) despite the pot odds...gee I don't know...maybe I don't want to have a table image of a weak player who limps OOP with garbage would be one reason.And defending your play by saying "well I DID get 2 pair didn't I?..." is classic results oriented thinking. That will take you far,lol.

I would agree with Dave about moving this thread to the Bad Beat section except for one slight problem...You haven't posted a bad beat yet.

When you post hands like this and then push back at people when they point out YOUR mistakes in the hands then you're going to get some rather "blunt" responses to your nonsense. If you can't take the criticism that your play is receiving here and try and learn from it...well, that's your lookout.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Fri Aug 05, 2011 at 05:48 PM..

Old
Fri Aug 05, 2011, 06:17 PM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
LOL, if I didn't know better, I'd think this entire paragraph was a level.

Well this one I think you played fine. But the play of other hands in this thread are what lead to the donk comments.

Surprised this thread hasn't been moved to the bad beat forum where it belongs. There you can commiserate with the other oppressed players who can never win.
i dont think those are bad beats hands...

i'm starting to think i will never win anything, at least on pokerstars, i did get my 20vpps, and 13vpps for next month from an original none deposited $1,4 and i know there is something unreal going on here for me in those micro BI MTT,

i play NL50 at williamhill and i'm doing pretty well, also i'm SNGs winner at fulltilt and always ITM at the micro BI MTT after starting to take "poker" more seriously for the last 5 months, i'm still improving, and i'm not really worried about my game.

i also noticed u guys are only good at criticizing without giving any argument that makes sense to me, u only judge the hand after seeing the hole cards, and u seem to focus on my play and forget about what i consider a screw up play by my opponent that seems to always pay off for them, on a ridiculous board
how is my play supposed to change the outcome of the hand at showdown ?

u're still not giving the correct play for my AQ preflop TheLangolier

Old
Fri Aug 05, 2011, 06:32 PM
(#19)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
THE OLD FALL BACK
IT'S RIGGED LOL

Old
Fri Aug 05, 2011, 06:42 PM
(#20)
Quote:
i dont think those are bad beats hands...

i'm starting to think i will never win anything, at least on pokerstars, i did get my 20vpps, and 13vpps for next month from an original none deposited $1,4 and i know there is something unreal going on here for me in those micro BI MTT,

i play NL50 at williamhill and i'm doing pretty well, also i'm SNGs winner at fulltilt and always ITM at the micro BI MTT after starting to take "poker" more seriously for the last 5 months, i'm still improving, and i'm not really worried about my game.

i also noticed u guys are only good at criticizing without giving any argument that makes sense to me, u only judge the hand after seeing the hole cards, and u seem to focus on my play and forget about what i consider a screw up play by my opponent that seems to always pay off for them, on a ridiculous board
how is my play supposed to change the outcome of the hand at showdown ?

u're still not giving the correct play for my AQ preflop TheLangolier

Soooo,you made the "correct" plays here and the RNG stiffed you is what you're implying? Yeah good luck with that line of thinking.

As to not giving you an argument that makes sense,well if you can't see the sense of folding a hand like 43o OOP instead of limping with it then I hope you truly are OK with your game,cause it ain't likely to improve if you think that's an OK line to take. Even worse is NOT betting it when it comes about as good as you can hope for by the turn (min-bet there is terrible IMO). If you aren't going to bet the hand strongly when you are seeing about as good as you can hope for on the board---WHY PLAY THE FRIGGING HAND TO BEGIN WITH? Does that make sense to you?

As for a "correct" play on the AQ hand I don't think Dave's response should be seen in the light of that hand only is the point,you're very likely going broke on that hand once that flop hits regardless and certainly had you jammed you're going broke. I think his point was that as a general rule of thumb flatting AQ with 15 BB's there is a bad play. I agree,if you have reason to believe (that would be notes/observation/etc.) that the villain is raising UTG with a hand that has you crushed then fold the AQ,if you think he's raising light then get it in. Flatting here is a weak,bad play.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com