Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Duplicate Poker: Hand #1 pt 3 (the river)

View Poll Results: What do we do?
FOLD 1 11.11%
CALL 1 11.11%
Raise Small (3000 to 4500) 1 11.11%
Raise Medium (4501 to 6000) 2 22.22%
Raise Large (6001 to All in) 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old
Duplicate Poker: Hand #1 pt 3 (the river) - Wed Aug 03, 2011, 03:26 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
What DOES happen is...

WE CHECK.

River comes 5h.

Pot = 4575

Lou smiles a bit to himself, then announces "I bet", and moves 3000 chips into the pot.

Monica groans a little.
She actually says almost inaudibly "How can I fold this?"
She hesitates, then does, indeed muck.

Pot = 7575

Action is back on us...what do WE do now?

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 03:34 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
SMALL RAISE AND HOPE HE HAS KING HIGH FLUSH AND RAISES

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 07:58 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2007
I am not sure whether he has the flush or hit a wheel, he has one or the other.

He is a calling station however who has just moved 3K into the pot. He has roughly 8K behind and I would normally agree with Dennis small raise and hope he goes over the top of us, to try and get all his chips.

But I am going to go for a medium bet to try and squeeze a bit more value, and hope that he calls or reraises.

TC

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 12:37 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
so we river the nuts and know the station loves his hand. I think we raise at least 3x his bet and get him to call all the rest of his stack. whether he has a wheel or a smaller flush I think he is doing so, especially if betty boop on the rail haulers out "oooooo careful louy baby!" Lol

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 12:53 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
So we're exactly where we want to be, holding the nuts against a CS who loves his hand. I vote for a medium raise here, I think a shove might make him fold, which is the last thing we want in this situation. If he doesn't shove in response to our RR, we've lost some value, but the same would happen if we shove and he folds.

He isn't thinking flush, or he wouldn't have raised. In his mind, we've got an ace or perhaps 2 pair, both of which he beats if he hit the wheel. He may also have hit a smaller flush, which would also be good in a lot of situations (just not this one).

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 02:46 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
This is where checking the turn comes back to bite us, if we bet the turn and Lou calls, his lead here on the river would have been larger, his stack would have been smaller in relation to the pot than it is now, we would have an easy decision to put him all in.

Now because we didn't bet the turn were trying to fiddle around with raise sizes, fact is he is a calling station, has already put 1/3 of his chips into this pot and he seems to love his hand, I think he's stuck to the pot I'm gonna put him all in.

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 05:01 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Loving these comments...

Keep em coming!

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 05:02 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
I voted fold btw...just to see the results of voting.

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 06:38 PM
(#9)
lol I wanna know who voted call with the nuts.

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 10:49 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Me too

voting will end, and we will paly out the most voted for option in about 3 hours.

please get any late votes in now!

Thanks.

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 11:42 PM
(#11)
Since: Apr 2011
I voted (PreFlop =CALL, Flop =CALL Monica's bet of 1000) to SmallRaise (Bet: 150 to 1525) last post (Turn Ah Ad Th Td = possible FullHouse/ A high Flush on river, and test Lou) as i had feeling flush was on the cards, but majority voted CALL, That was me (CALL being smart ass ) lol, but id go all-in with Ace high flush with no possible FullHouse/4Kind/StraightFlush/RoyalFlush on table

(can i suggest putting hand & Community cards up in each post JD ty)
EXP:-
Cards in hand; Ah Th
FLOP;
TURN;
RIVER;

Cards in hand; Ah Th
FLOP; Ad 3h 9h
TURN;
RIVER;

Cards in hand; Ah Th
FLOP; Ad 3h 9h
TURN; Td
RIVER;

Cards in hand; Ah Th
FLOP; Ad 3h 9h
TURN; Td
RIVER; 5h

Last edited by 0HighTimes0; Thu Aug 04, 2011 at 12:29 AM..

Old
Thu Aug 04, 2011, 01:35 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0HighTimes0 View Post
I voted (PreFlop =CALL, Flop =CALL Monica's bet of 1000) to SmallRaise (Bet: 150 to 1525) last post (Turn Ah Ad Th Td = possible FullHouse/ A high Flush on river, and test Lou) as i had feeling flush was on the cards, but majority voted CALL, That was me (CALL being smart ass ) lol, but id go all-in with Ace high flush with no possible FullHouse/4Kind/StraightFlush/RoyalFlush on table

(can i suggest putting hand & Community cards up in each post JD ty)
EXP:-
Cards in hand; Ah Th
FLOP;
TURN;
RIVER;

Cards in hand; Ah Th
FLOP; Ad 3h 9h
TURN;
RIVER;

Cards in hand; Ah Th
FLOP; Ad 3h 9h
TURN; Td
RIVER;

Cards in hand; Ah Th
FLOP; Ad 3h 9h
TURN; Td
RIVER; 5h
sure...I can do that if we want to try another one like this...

Old
Thu Aug 04, 2011, 01:53 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar
OK...time to reveal the FINAL ACTIONS on the hand!!!!

The vote was in favor of Raise large, between 6001 ( Lou's raise) and All In.

In order to clarify our discussion on the hand, I will post the final results in a totally new thread...

Old
Thu Aug 04, 2011, 12:22 PM
(#14)
(Head Trainer)
Man are some of you allergic to value or what? lol

Raise big, stations check and call with marginal and even good hands. His bet indicates a very strong hand, most likely a flush.

Tip: No station is ever folding a flush on an unpaired, 3 flush board. For any amount. He may grumble and mumble but he'll put the chips in.

Old
Thu Aug 04, 2011, 12:25 PM
(#15)
(Head Trainer)
Don' t raise small hoping to induce a re-raise vs this player type (would be ok vs. aggressive players). Stations are naturally passive. Maybe he'll reraise with the 2nd nuts, but he won't with a small flush. However, he will call off his entire stack with that same small flush (that's what stations do, they call). Punish the station by value betting hard, he'll pay you.

Old
Thu Aug 04, 2011, 12:25 PM
(#16)
LOL

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com