Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

PSO League comes of age

Old
PSO League comes of age - Wed Aug 03, 2011, 03:54 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Well. If the Open League is firmly at one end of the scale, the Premier League is so far down the other it's almost out of sight. Fewer than 20 people out after 20 minutes. 82% of the field remaining at the first break. That could well be the tightest game I've ever been involved in.

I daresay someone won't like it

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 04:00 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
40% of field left at the 2nd break and 7BB avg stack.

insane Blows my mind.

You can cut the tension with a knife

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 04:38 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2007
I have to say I enjoyed it, the standard was quite good, but everyone was playing super tight. Well I say everyone, because I believe one Spanish guy was stealing light the whole game, but having said that so was I myself on occasion.

Played another qualifier too but this time it was a lot lot looser than the first one I played. I got moved when quite short stacked and made a move with K, 10 off. Hit my 10, but the guy with pocket 9s hit his 9 so no complaints there.

I did not really run the clock full time in either, unless I actually got waylaid with a phone call or something. Perhaps after the first two hours it might be a useful tactic.

Finally, I cast some doubts about the efficacy of the Premier League, and as promised, on this showing, I am happy to raise my hand and say that I was wrong

It is just a pity that I do not have time to make a run in August, or whether I could make a good enough showing on limited games to stay there for September. But by hook or by crook I will be there in October and give it my best shot

Cheers all,

TC

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 07:53 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Blind structure is very quickly for this super tight play. Ante starts at 5th level, after 40 minutes and after 10levels avg stack is 7-8BB.
Play at Premier is better than play at Open(donk)League

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 10:31 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve hitzic View Post
Blind structure is very quickly for this super tight play. Ante starts at 5th level, after 40 minutes and after 10levels avg stack is 7-8BB.
Play at Premier is better than play at Open(donk)League
Certainly the play is better but with this structure it`s impossible to play postflop poker.It would have been better if either the level structure would change or at least get 3k starting stack.
Today with 18 left i had like 3bb`s with 3k/6k blinds and it`s not like i lost big hands or folded a lot.Simply the stacks aren`t big enough to play with avg stack under 10bb`s

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 11:56 AM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2010
(Administrator)
I dont have any changes to report right now but with a small group like this we should be able to work together and come up with a win/win over time. We can always make changes if they make sense all around. The first month will give all of us a lot of information.

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 12:33 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2011
Its funny cause even though the field is obviously stronger, it is actually waaaay more exploitable than the other league. Just a thought :P

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 03:35 PM
(#8)
new league ....oh well it never ends for me ...10 BB left KK i shove a russian calls AJ ace on the flop the rest is well you know ..i cant seem to beat the three and two outers ..ho hum yawn not getting mad or whining ....this is starting to get old real quick ...why doesnt anyone talk about luck ...like the devil fish says mtts are 60 percent luck and 40 percent skill ....since i have no skill youd think i would get lucky maybe 60 percent of the time oh well see you all at 9 pm gl F.M

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 03:58 PM
(#9)
i just watched cote take out 3 people with KK....wow wish i had some of that gl all F.M

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 06:08 PM
(#10)
Since: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-Staff View Post
I dont have any changes to report right now but with a small group like this we should be able to work together and come up with a win/win over time. We can always make changes if they make sense all around. The first month will give all of us a lot of information.
I like that "win/win " phrase

I also saw that Pokerstars are advertising PSO (rather than advertising larger buy in games) in the PSO Leagues which I suggested earlier in July. I think this is a vast improvement and will attract more players to PSO and enable them to become better rake generating and winning players.

Well done!

TC

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 06:55 PM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
I found it a very tight tourney

We lost the first player after 4 minutes.

I noticed many "clockers" but maybe that's how we all got into Premier league.

I think it will sort itself out during the month. I played the first tourney just to watch and see what would happen. I think everyone was doing the same.

Old
PSO Premier League - Wed Aug 03, 2011, 07:28 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
Yes I noticed an amount of 'clocking' going on at my table too. I think it does not have any benefit in such a 'normal' tournament compared to the mayhem of the open league. You could lose half the field of 10000 in the first 15/20 minutes. Now you will lose maybe 5% in the first half hour. I'm sure given time, players will adapt to the new blind structure and utilise their strengths as appropriate.Poker sense has returned. May the flop be with you. nv

Old
Thu Aug 04, 2011, 06:12 PM
(#13)
Since: Mar 2011
Wow, tournament is long (20.00CET one) - 4 hr for 40th place and final table looks like 4.30 hours of play at least.
2 times a day if you want good placing

Old
Thu Aug 04, 2011, 06:36 PM
(#14)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Such whining first there are too many donks.. half the field is gone in 30 minutes... now its too tough, people play to hard, it takes too long, I cant play enough games..waaaaaaaaaaa Just be glad you are given this opportunity to play for big money and its FREE Some of us would love to even have the chance to play just 1 game

This rant is aimed at nobody in particular, just the large mass of whining crybabies

Old
Thu Aug 04, 2011, 08:54 PM
(#15)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
such whining First there are too many donks.. Half the field is gone in 30 minutes... Now its too tough, people play to hard, it takes too long, i cant play enough games..waaaaaaaaaaa just be glad you are given this opportunity to play for big money and its free some of us would love to even have the chance to play just 1 game

This rant is aimed at nobody in particular, just the large mass of whining crybabies

+1000

post of the day

anyone that cry's about the league's go try a play money table :d :d :d

Old
Fri Aug 05, 2011, 03:25 AM
(#16)
Since: Apr 2011
BronzeStar
Really good comment roomik.

Old
Sat Aug 06, 2011, 07:08 AM
(#17)
Since: Jun 2011
Gotta agree with the points made on starting stack size - 1500 feels like a very short stack to be starting such a tight tournament with.

Not that I'm complaining about the tight play. I much prefer it to the open league games, but I can see why such a short starting stack would make clock-running an attractive option for people who lack the confidence to enter pots with much less than AA.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the blind levels - games are long enough as they are, so pushing the starting stack upto 3k and leaving the levels at 10 minutes is likely to give people that needed room early on to be playing a little more speculatively/post-flop while the blinds are low.

I don't see me dropping my premier league spot through August, so fingers crossed something can be done for September to open the play up a little.

Old
Sat Aug 06, 2011, 10:24 AM
(#18)
first of all sorry for going off topic in this thread d man, but for the life of me I wish someone at PSO or P stars would do something about all the non English chat that is occurring at the tables .Happens all the time in the pso tourneys ya say something to the people doing it and they get pissed off or ignore you.I have called a chat mod they either ignore you or come on do a polite chat warning if you can call it a warning the people say sorry boss then go right back to talking non English again .....pisses me off that stars has the English site rule but does nothing to enforce it ,as far as i am concerned these people that are warned and continue to ignore the warnings should have their chat privileges removed at least for that tourney.It gives them an unfair advantage over others who have no idea what they might be discussing at the table if you know what i mean imho.......scorp

Old
Sat Aug 06, 2011, 11:44 AM
(#19)
Since: Apr 2011
BronzeStar
Hey scorp, the non-english chat bothers me too and the lack of action from the mods is also annoying. Last month in the open league I was cursed at and insulted and the mod only gave a polite warning in the chat, not even aimed at the respective players. So it bothered me.
What I do is use google translate and ignore the chat of annoying players. Yes in a perfect world pokerstars would do something about that, but as it is that is all we can do...

Old
Sat Aug 06, 2011, 12:20 PM
(#20)
Deleted user
Increasing stacks would only encourage the clockers to play the same old system.
You imagine how long the tourney would be?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com