Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Please rethink your tourney times

Old
Please rethink your tourney times - Wed Aug 03, 2011, 04:53 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
PLEASE, I BEG YOU.
1 game a day won't cut it in the Premier league.
Sleepy

Last edited by sleepyolman; Wed Aug 03, 2011 at 04:56 PM.. Reason: clarification

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 04:59 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Why?

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 05:51 PM
(#3)
You would think someone named sleepyolman would love that most countries can only play 1 tourny a day. Catch up on those zzzzz's !

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 05:52 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
You would think someone named sleepyolman would love that most countries can only play 1 tourny a day. Catch up on those zzzzz's !
Ha ha ha I lol'ed

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 06:57 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyolman View Post
PLEASE, I BEG YOU.
1 game a day won't cut it in the Premier league.
Sleepy
It will if we all can only play "one-a day"

I think on a day is fine.

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 08:18 PM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Why?
awsome job with the training video thanks dave ,i will get to more

i played 47 games last month and finished in the 500s,i work 8 till 5 and only played one a day during the week,yes a lot of what has been taught came into play and i worked the clock i could not aford to many bad games ,had i a chance of more games i do believe i would have finished higher in the money,
i think the same is going to happen this month i dont know if i can stay in the prem with so few games

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 08:21 PM
(#7)
hey i kept it positive too darkman ,im not whinning just stating the facts

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 08:25 PM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLaws62 View Post
hey i kept it positive too darkman ,im not whinning just stating the facts

WHEN YOU KEEP SAYING THE SAME THING IT'S WHINING EVEN IF IT IS A FACT

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 08:34 PM
(#9)
look at the facts i used my stats from last month 47 games versus the top players all 80+
how do you call this a fair playing field,and i thought i did well and made the prem
so i am stating the facts ,pso can listen or choose not too i just stated my case

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 09:15 PM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLaws62 View Post
look at the facts i used my stats from last month 47 games versus the top players all 80+
how do you call this a fair playing field,and i thought i did well and made the prem
so i am stating the facts ,pso can listen or choose not too i just stated my case

EVERYBODY KNOWS YOU ONLY PLAYED 47 GAMES COS YOU KEEP SAYING IT
BUT THERE IS 10 OR MORE PEOPLE THAT FINISHED HIGHER THEN YOU AND PLAY AS MANY OR LESS SO WHAT
SO YOU WANT THEM TO CHANGE THE TIMES SO YOU CAN PLAY MORE DID YOU THINK THAT WILL MAKE IT SO SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO PLAY LESS
EVERY DAY IT'S I ONLY GOT TO PLAY 47 GAMES OK YOU SAID IT
PLAY SOMETHING ELSE OR WHATEVER BUT STOP CRYING ABOUT IT

Old
Wed Aug 03, 2011, 09:42 PM
(#11)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphrob View Post
It will if we all can only play "one-a day".
This is my point. In sleepy's other thread people were complaining it wasn't "fair" because they could only play 1 a day and the school was catering to certain nationalities/time zones. When you look at the schedule objectively however, which I did in that thread, ET time zone is no worse off than anywhere else for the working Joe. London, Berlin, Moscow, Auckland all only had 1 playable time. Melbourne had none.

In terms of "FAIR", this schedule is probably better. The people who have a volume advantage (which is the "fair" complaint) are actually those that sit in front of the computer all day playing the freerolls. It seems that even those people, with this schedule, can only get 2/day (They do have to sleep right?) So they'll get 60/month, assuming they have some sort of life won't play every day so maybe 50/month. The working Joe if the maximize free time and play 2/day on weekends can stick maybe 35-40/month.

If you add more games that makes the problem WORSE. If you have 6, now you can get 2/day maybe. But the person sitting in front of their computer all day gets 4/day or maybe 5 depending on the schedule. So now you're getting 50-75 in a month you press, but they are going to be getting 125, the gap in volume grows with additional games on the schedule.

There is tons of poker available at all times of the day, as for the league if you want to level the playing field in terms of volume this current schedule seems to do the best job of it as far as I can see.

Old
Sun Aug 07, 2011, 03:47 PM
(#12)
Since: Sep 2010
Or they could do what they did in the Women's PS games....there are 2 per day and you are only allowed to play one of those 2 each day.

So for Premier and Open leagues the same could happen....you could offer more times which suits everyone's time zone but limit the number of games per day that you can play......then EVERYONE is on a fair playing field.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com