Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Dusting off an old classic

Old
Dusting off an old classic - Sat Aug 06, 2011, 07:21 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
I pullrd my copy of Zen and the Art of Poker by Larry Phillips the other day and just randomly opened it up to this page:

"Poker Rule #36: Don't take the game personally.
The poker gods are not out to destroy you personally (although it may sometimes feel that way). The game itself is as neutral and mechanical as a roulette wheel, a church raffle, or a lottery ball drawing. A poker deck does not have any personal feelings one way or the other toward you or anyone else. At various times, we may rest assured, everyone "gets his," while at other times we are dealt miracle cards that pull out a miraculous victory at the last moment. Realize ahead of time that both outcomes are going to occur."

GL at the tables everyone!

Old
Sat Aug 06, 2011, 08:24 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckldgator View Post
I pullrd my copy of Zen and the Art of Poker by Larry Phillips the other day and just randomly opened it up to this page:

The poker gods are not out to destroy you personally (although it may sometimes feel that way). The game itself is as neutral and mechanical as a roulette wheel, a church raffle, or a lottery ball drawing. A poker deck does not have any personal feelings one way or the other toward you or anyone else. At various times, we may rest assured, everyone "gets his," while at other times we are dealt miracle cards that pull out a miraculous victory at the last moment. Realize ahead of time that both outcomes are going to occur."

This is why l no longer tilt on the felt,

this is great advice

cheers

Old
Sat Aug 06, 2011, 09:02 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckldgator View Post

Great Post, Just what i needed

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com