Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

This needs Attention.

Old
This needs Attention. - Sat Aug 06, 2011, 09:14 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Premier league players are taking up spots in the open league tourneys that could be taken up by open league players.

They are allowed to play "spoiler" and not have any repercussion from their bad play, as well as taking up spots that are already hard enough to get in filling up within 10 minutes.

We don't get to play "spoiler" in their league, why do they get to in the Open league.

There are Premier league players that are playing like complete Jackasses in the open league.

That's my rant for the day.

Old
Sat Aug 06, 2011, 11:47 AM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2011
BronzeStar
Why would anybody play the Open league unless they have to? I couldn't wait for last month to be over and now I wouldn't be caught dead in one of those tourneys.
Gl stake and hope to see you in the premier next month.

Old
Sat Aug 06, 2011, 12:11 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonelG56 View Post
Why would anybody play the Open league unless they have to? I couldn't wait for last month to be over and now I wouldn't be caught dead in one of those tourneys.
Gl stake and hope to see you in the premier next month.
As styx would say....too much time on my hands. That's why, and a sick sense of revenge.

No other reason than nothing else to do. ..oh, and the $10 prize pool.

And I agree stake, but the problem is that the open league is just that...open. No ticket required, nothing else, so how can they keep the premier league players out?
I think a ticket for both is the only answer to this issue.
Just my .02.

Old
Sat Aug 06, 2011, 12:30 PM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2011
thats right stake pay back and fun lmfao and its open

Old
Sat Aug 06, 2011, 01:09 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Allowing them to play in the Open League isn't such a big problem. But awarding them points and a league position, contrary to what we'd been advised would be the case, IS !

Old
Sat Aug 06, 2011, 03:30 PM
(#6)
Since: May 2011
BronzeStar
I'm enjoying the payback against those donks....

Played in the open league game last nite and eliminated like 5 guys with donk moves.

Allin with J-9 suited and Q-8 suited won both times.... I really needed it and helped me blow off some steam.

Old
Sat Aug 06, 2011, 05:43 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
Got to admit to being guilty as well, played an open league game in an "outdonk the donk" frame of mind, nothing to lose at all. Just wanted a bit of payback. Treated it as play money, which is probably where a lot of them are coming from. Needless to say I was out inside 2 minutes.

I have to say there is some satisfaction of shoving all in with 9 2 off and having 4 callers, AA and JJ included, then rivering trip deuces and taking them all out. Of course at the end of the day it's not good for my real game.

With the new blind structure, the old style clockers and the timing of the new premier league tourneys, for me the new premier league is not the "promised land" I expected.

I will keep away from the open league from now on, unless I end up back in it again (very possible)

Old
Tue Aug 09, 2011, 09:21 AM
(#8)
Since: Dec 2010
Yep i'm guilty as charged as well !!!!
But it's just that i love poker so much and really miss the open league
Which is good.........
Because i'm gonna be right back in it come September pmsl B

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com