Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

For your info on PokerStars Moderators

Old
For your info on PokerStars Moderators - Sat Aug 06, 2011, 08:44 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
There's seems to be lots of whining about PokerStars Moderators

Please take time to read post #32 of
The OP posted about the English chat and the moderators, NOT about support or other issues, therefore I will answer again. By the way I had posted an answer in this thread about chat issues 4 days earlier

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ons-in-Russian

Chat issues:

1) English Only:
When non English is being used, call a MOD (not support, no need to email support). MOD's will only act if there are more than 4 lines and at least 4-5 words per line. When this occurs, the MOD will send a warning to the player. If in the players file it's a repeat offense (third time), he will then get a formal warning (email). The next step is a 3hr chat suspension, then a 1 day, then 1 week, then a month, the 6 months (but only after getting 8 times 1 month). Remember that every time, it must be 4 lines of 4-5 words.

2) Swearing:
When swearing is being used, call a MOD (not support, no need to email support). Only words that are bypassed will be acted upon. In other words, PokerStars uses a censor software to eliminate the most common swear words. It will replace the words with ****, therefore even though you know what the player meant, it doesn't mean it's that word. In this case, nothing will be done. Again there are steps for the chat banning, such as the English ban.

There are plenty of other related chat issues, but I will not go into it for now, as it's not thread related.

Another very important point brought up, was the time response. There are over 100,000 players playing at the same time, that's a lot of call possibilities to the MOD's. The schedule as about 40 mod's working at one time (during rush hours) and much less during low peaks. So time response could be long at some point. Calls are queued, so if there is a huge traffic of calls, it could take 15-20 minutes (I know, I would show up at the table and it was closed)

As for the MOD's replying to close chat, stop calling or getting banned for calling to often, not for the non English. Close chat will be said by the MOD, if you are being annoyed by another player (NOT FOR NON ENGLISH). You'll never get chat banned for reporting about non English, unless you have a huge history (see above steps for chat banning). As for stop calling, if you're always calling for one word or one line, they might, therefore wait for 4 lines of 4-5 words each and then call MOD.

I was a MOD, I wasn't allowed as per documents signed. I did decide lately to mention it, because of all the blasting of MOD's which they don't deserve, because most of the posters have no clue what's so ever of the job description and the rules they must follow. Lots of the posters think that everything is to be solved by MOD's or support and nothing is done. Unless you are the MOD or the support, then how would you know?

There are plenty of other subjects, but I will not go into them, as this thread was about MOD's and English chat.

I'm done

Also, Moderators for PokerStars are paid peanuts to do this dirty task and the amount of them available to answer all the calls is very little. About 7 months ago when I was one of them, we were 128 total. We all had shifts, so at one time we could be 8-10 working. So with 22,000 tables, we had lots to cover.

Which brings me to this. With the Black Friday of April 15th, lots of Moderators have left. Because the Moderators are paid in FPP's and if they can't play them for cash, what's the use? I spoke to a good friend of mine, she's was a Moderator until then and she said lots have left (lots of the mods were Americans). This is the reason for long time responding or no mod showing up.

If any one is interested in that job, let me know and I'll put you in contact with the right people.

SO PLEASE STOP ALL THE WINING AND THE CRITICISM ABOUT THE MODS.... THANK YOU

Last edited by Sandtrap777; Sun Aug 07, 2011 at 12:49 AM..

Old
Sat Aug 06, 2011, 08:57 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2010

Old
Sat Aug 06, 2011, 09:00 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2010
Hmm, become a MOD.... You mean have authority? MUHAHAHAHAHAAH. Could you explain it a bit more?

Old
Sat Aug 06, 2011, 09:54 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_eagle23 View Post
Hmm, become a MOD.... You mean have authority? MUHAHAHAHAHAAH. Could you explain it a bit more?
NO authority, you got to follow the written rules and apply them and you can't divert from it

Old
Sat Aug 06, 2011, 10:02 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
---

Last edited by Deleted user; Sun Aug 07, 2011 at 01:01 AM..

Old
Sat Aug 06, 2011, 10:27 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
SANDS POST WAS NOT MENT FOR YOU
IT WAS FROM ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT CHAT

Old
Sat Aug 06, 2011, 10:37 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
---

Last edited by Deleted user; Sun Aug 07, 2011 at 01:01 AM..

Old
Sat Aug 06, 2011, 10:50 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
SO WHY DID YOU THINK IT WAS AT YOU ????

Old
Sat Aug 06, 2011, 11:02 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
---

Last edited by Deleted user; Sun Aug 07, 2011 at 01:02 AM..

Old
Sat Aug 06, 2011, 11:15 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Im not sure why its a issue again to be honest,we agreed to disagree and moved forward.
Can see that he is voicing his concern towards me because I am the most vocal against them.

But chat mods are not a issue for me,I may have slammed them but that was me stirring the issue about collusion since I was hot at that time. They have their rules they have to follow and I get that.
for the life of me I wish someone at PSO or P stars would do something about all the non English chat that is occurring at the tables .Happens all the time in the pso tourneys ya say something to the people doing it and they get pissed off or ignore you.I have called a chat mod they either ignore you or come on do a polite chat warning if you can call it a warning the people say sorry boss then go right back to talking non English again .....pisses me off that stars has the English site rule but does nothing to enforce it ,as far as i am concerned these people that are warned and continue to ignore the warnings should have their chat privileges removed at least for that tourney.It gives them an unfair advantage over others who have no idea what they might be discussing at the table if you know what i mean imho.......scorp

Read more: Pokerschool Premier League Thread - Page 14 - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1UJEC4TBv

SOME PEOPLE MISSED IT SO HE WAS SHOWING "THEM"
HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU
GOOD LUCK

Old
Sat Aug 06, 2011, 11:16 PM
(#11)
Since: Sep 2010
funny but I believe the post may be for me of course i could be wrong .....I don't believe I called out mods or insulted them but if it is perceived that way that was not my intent .The point of the post was to point out a Pstars problem and a rule that they made I might add and seem to be incapable of or possibly unwilling to properly enforce ...but I guess the forum police saw it only as me whining so if that is your opinion you are entitled to it .I'm guessing from the flavour of cookies post that P stars chooses to ignore the issue anyway ,so in that case I'm just pissing in the wind anyway(taking a newfie shower ....lol)Flame on forum police flame on.......scorpP.S sorry you got dragged into this cookies and thnx for the mod rules explanation sand

Old
Sat Aug 06, 2011, 11:27 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion1367 View Post
funny but I believe the post may be for me of course i could be wrong .....I don't believe I called out mods or insulted them but if it is perceived that way that was not my intent .The point of the post was to point out a Pstars problem and a rule that they made I might add and seem to be incapable of or possibly unwilling to properly enforce ...but I guess the forum police saw it only as me whining so if that is your opinion you are entitled to it .I'm guessing from the flavour of cookies post that P stars chooses to ignore the issue anyway ,so in that case I'm just pissing in the wind anyway(taking a newfie shower ....lol)Flame on forum police flame on.......scorpP.S sorry you got dragged into this cookies and thnx for the mod rules explanation sand

WHAT YOU FAIL TO GET IS THAT IS DOES NO GOOD TO CALL THE MOD ONCE IF THEY KEEP IT UP
THE MOD IS NOT LOOKING AT THE TABLE
THEY MOVE ON IT IS UP TO THE PLAYERS TO BE THE POLICE
IF YOU JUST CALL THEM ONCE AND THEN POST ABOUT IT IN THE FORUM IT DOES NO GOOD
SO SORRY ABOUT TRYING TO TELL YOU THE FACTS
IF YOU WANT TO TAKE IT AS FLAMING SO BE IT BUT YOU HAVE BEEN HERE LOGE ENOUGH TO KNOW THIS
SO HAVE A GOOD NIGHT

Old
Sat Aug 06, 2011, 11:34 PM
(#13)
GEEEEEEEEEE COOKIE

This is not about you, it's not about what you said and I ain't talking about support and it's not against scorpion either.

I was just bringing up a conversation I had with a friend of mine who was a mod which explains why mods are not showing up or taking a long time to respond. And I was also re-posting some in's and out's about a mod's job and what's the best way to contact mod.

And by the way, support is also having a shortage of people, so answers may take longer to come

Hope you understand what I'm trying to say this time and I definitely won't argue with you about support because I didn't work there.

Last edited by Sandtrap777; Sat Aug 06, 2011 at 11:37 PM..

Old
Sat Aug 06, 2011, 11:36 PM
(#14)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
It must be about me then...

Old
Sat Aug 06, 2011, 11:46 PM
(#15)
Deleted user
---

Last edited by Deleted user; Sun Aug 07, 2011 at 01:02 AM..

Old
Sun Aug 07, 2011, 12:16 AM
(#16)
I'm actually interested in modding. Would appreciate it if you pm'd me the details, Sand. I don't know how technically skilled they want their mods to be (I hope their standards are low, lol), but I might be able to help out if it's just remembering rules and responding to requests.

Old
Sun Aug 07, 2011, 12:54 AM
(#17)
it's always about you roomik....lol........scorp

Old
Sun Aug 07, 2011, 01:14 AM
(#18)
hemet I understand your point but perhaps you are failing to see that there is nowhere in my post do i actually say how many times i have called a mod maybe i should have been more specific and given an actual number of times perhaps or maybe you could look a little deeper and see the bigger issue which is that p stars imo puts these rules in place and then lets people blatantly break and abuse them which cheapens the experience of playing here quite frankly which is sad since the site is supposed to be enjoyable for every1....and as a side note and you should know this from a lot of my posts relating to the opportunities pso gives us all....i'm getting a little sick of every time some one on here makes a post about an issue they have with pso or pstars a certain group of posters seem to jump on the bully bandwagon and decide that the people are just whiners or bitchers,last time i checked people have a right to express they're opinions whether they happen to be popular or not we do not have to agree on them but we can agree to disagree and treat each other with respect.......scorp....P.S. i have been seeing this trend for a while now thought i would finally stand up and say something about it i thought the forum was about supporting each other but lately it does'nt seem that way which I find kind of sad to be honest

Old
Sun Aug 07, 2011, 01:36 AM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion1367 View Post
hemet I understand your point but perhaps you are failing to see that there is nowhere in my post do i actually say how many times i have called a mod maybe i should have been more specific and given an actual number of times perhaps or maybe you could look a little deeper and see the bigger issue which is that p stars imo puts these rules in place and then lets people blatantly break and abuse them which cheapens the experience of playing here quite frankly which is sad since the site is supposed to be enjoyable for every1....and as a side note and you should know this from a lot of my posts relating to the opportunities pso gives us all....i'm getting a little sick of every time some one on here makes a post about an issue they have with pso or pstars a certain group of posters seem to jump on the bully bandwagon and decide that the people are just whiners or bitchers,last time i checked people have a right to express they're opinions whether they happen to be popular or not we do not have to agree on them but we can agree to disagree and treat each other with respect.......scorp....P.S. i have been seeing this trend for a while now thought i would finally stand up and say something about it i thought the forum was about supporting each other but lately it does'nt seem that way which I find kind of sad to be honest

WELL IF YOU CALLED THEM A FEW TIMES I THINK YOU WOULD HAVE SAID SO
THE MAIN THING IS THEY DO NOT WATCH THE TABLES THAT IS THE PLAYERS JOB
AS I SAID I KNOW THAT THEY WILL BLOCK PEOPLES CHAT, BUT THEY HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE RULES THAT SANDS POSTED
AND WHEN PEOPLE SAY THAT PSO NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT WHAT GOES ON AT THE TABLES THEY DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THAT THEY NEED TO GO TO POKERSTARS FOR THAT, RANTING IN THE FORUM DOES NOTHING

Old
Sun Aug 07, 2011, 02:32 AM
(#20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
WELL IF YOU CALLED THEM A FEW TIMES I THINK YOU WOULD HAVE SAID SO
THE MAIN THING IS THEY DO NOT WATCH THE TABLES THAT IS THE PLAYERS JOB
AS I SAID I KNOW THAT THEY WILL BLOCK PEOPLES CHAT, BUT THEY HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE RULES THAT SANDS POSTED
AND WHEN PEOPLE SAY THAT PSO NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT WHAT GOES ON AT THE TABLES THEY DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THAT THEY NEED TO GO TO POKERSTARS FOR THAT, RANTING IN THE FORUM DOES NOTHING

It has been widely demonstrated that lower case is easier to read than upper case. Also considered shouting and rude, as you no doubt are aware.Unless you have chosen to use upper case as your signature style; unless you are missing a left hand; unless you cannot afford a used 3 dollar keyboard with a functioning Caps Lock (UNLOCK) from the Salvation Army Thrift store please consider changing your ways.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com