Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

PSO Leagues

Old
Question
PSO Leagues - Sun Aug 07, 2011, 05:35 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
Hi guys,

Im new to the PSO and ask if someone could clarify a few points for me please?

From completing the quizzes etc I guess I can now enter the Open league, how would i get into the Premier League?

Can you play as many tourny's as you like?

Where and how do u get into the real money from these?

I know it tells me on the site but I think it makes more sense from fellow players.

Thanks

Old
Sun Aug 07, 2011, 08:35 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
From completing the quizzes etc I guess I can now enter the Open league, how would i get into the Premier League?

If you have a minimum of 20 VPPS, and you finish in the top 500 such active members, you will get a ticket to the Premier League for the following month. Note the difference between VPPS and FPPS.

Can you play as many tourny's as you like?

Play as many as you like. You must play a minimum of five games per month.

Where and how do u get into the real money from these?

In the Open League, the games have a prize fund of $10. Making it in the money will earn you a minimum of one penny. As noted in the earlier answer, if you have at least 20 VPPS, you are eligible for the end of the month prizes. Check the leaderboard for the prize amount.

And this is coming from your friendly hedgehog who cannot play since he is American.

Old
Sun Aug 07, 2011, 08:53 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
Thanks hedgehog appreciated!!

Old
Wed Aug 10, 2011, 08:23 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
The Ol' Hedgehog made one mistake ... you don't need 20 vpps to earn a payout in the open league, only in the premier league. 20 vpps gets a player 10x the payout of a player without 20 vpps, but you'll still receive one with 0 vpps in the open league.

Welcome to the league and the forum Larvo.
I say that and see that you've been signed up since last September?
Taking your time eh?
Let us know if you have any other questions.

Old
Wed Aug 10, 2011, 08:46 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
We both forgot about the Qualifier League. Two great benefits if you play on that leaderboard. First one is the cash prizes since these games have an entry fee. Second nice thing is that you'll earn those VPPS you'll need in the Premier League. However, there is one downside. Playing in the Qualifier League will not earn you sufficient VPPS to be eligible for the big prize, even if you play every game for the month.

Old
Thu Aug 11, 2011, 11:58 PM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
We both forgot about the Qualifier League. Two great benefits if you play on that leaderboard. First one is the cash prizes since these games have an entry fee. Second nice thing is that you'll earn those VPPS you'll need in the Premier League. However, there is one downside. Playing in the Qualifier League will not earn you sufficient VPPS to be eligible for the big prize, even if you play every game for the month.

shush dont talk about the qualifier ,no money there lol ,ok a little ,you can make money from the small buy in ,i had three bad games to drop but im getting back up and the money from the payouts can be used to get more vpps ,and if you drop from the prem league ,you qualify ,back door lol

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com