Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Busier or quieter tournys. Which do you prefer?

Old
Busier or quieter tournys. Which do you prefer? - Mon Aug 08, 2011, 02:35 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
I would say the quieter tournys with 250-400 players are ideal for me just because they take a little bit less time to complete and I get sick of clocking for 4-5 hours :\ But from a tactical point of view, I guess the more quiet tournys will have more of the hardcore players going for 1st.

What are your views?

PS. Sorry to dissapoint my fans I keep getting better hands cracked and going out early, dropped down to 6th!

Old
Mon Aug 08, 2011, 03:37 AM
(#2)
Deleted user
Ive been playing both but the smaller fields I do look to see how the Countries break down.
To many German players and I am not to happy,I know they share notes just based on seeing the same play being used against me by players I have never played. Im talking really odd play and very specific that I have only seen German players use and the weird thing is most of them are using it wrong.Which tells me some one passed on some info and they think it is a play to be used every orbit instead of in certain spots. They tend to team play more than any other Country as well.

But back to your question I prefer the smaller fields,it forces tighter play.

Old
Mon Aug 08, 2011, 03:49 AM
(#3)
55 lost to K10 cant win a flip or slight fav anymore. 5 out of 6 times ive went broke with the best hand , and the one I had the worst hand was 1010 vs QQ in the blinds lol.

There was me thinking I could make a strong early run at 1st and its kinda fell apart, need to start lucking it up a bit more.

Old
Sun Aug 14, 2011, 08:20 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
i prefer larger fields as i do better in them...don't have the faintest clue why.

Old
Sun Aug 14, 2011, 09:43 PM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
also prefer the larger ones, deep in the large ones you get good points + margin of error is less in the larger ones.

Old
Mon Aug 15, 2011, 08:33 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahooza1 View Post
also prefer the larger ones, deep in the large ones you get good points + margin of error is less in the larger ones.
This for sure, perhaps because I seem to be running better in these also.. Gonna play the 2am.. downswing inc!

Old
Mon Aug 15, 2011, 09:47 PM
(#7)
Wow I run like shit in Razz, and its a double whammy as Razz is the most ****ing tilting game in the world when you run bad.

in before 'wow u play razz rofl nerd'

Old
Mon Aug 15, 2011, 09:57 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
Wow u play razz rofl nerd

Old
Tue Aug 16, 2011, 09:54 AM
(#9)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widzywidzy^^ View Post
Wow I run like shit in Razz, and its a double whammy as Razz is the most ****ing tilting game in the world when you run bad.

in before 'wow u play razz rofl nerd'
LOL- i remember my razz days, at the beginning it was great but then it turns into "yes i have A23 starter" and then "nooooo, brick after brick after brick... BRICKS"

Old
Tue Aug 16, 2011, 12:43 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
wow u play razz rofl nerd
yeah i binked razz last night for $120 whos the nerd now yeaaaaaaaa

Old
Tue Aug 16, 2011, 02:43 PM
(#11)
just when you thought things were turning around and #1 was on the horizon, JJ losing to 77 AIPF

Old
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 03:35 AM
(#12)
You know what's happening when you see the turn

Old
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 11:47 AM
(#13)
Since: Feb 2010

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Mon Aug 29, 2011 at 12:32 PM..

Old
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 08:54 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
You are still running so well Widzy, am I missing something?

I get the feeling perhaps you are not showing us the hands you win when YOU are dominated.

Good luck for the rest of the month

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
Am I? Similar thing happened today to cripple me. I can honestly say that the hands where i've been dominated and won in this tournament are at an extreme low. Pretty sure im under EV in every aspect. I ran well above EV in literally one tournament this month where I was on 1 BB and made a FT comeback, not entirely hard with blind levels compared with stacks the way they are though.

To add to that (you think this is a thinly veiled brag but it isn't) the hands where i've actually got it in bad are at an extreme low also.

Old
Sun Aug 21, 2011, 10:29 PM
(#15)
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand again AQ losing to A10 AIPF

when will it end? :<

I LOVE WHINING

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com