Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

VIP Club MegaMonth promotion - VPPs & FPPs

Old
VIP Club MegaMonth promotion - VPPs & FPPs - Mon Aug 08, 2011, 09:23 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Mon Aug 29, 2011 at 01:11 PM..

Old
Mon Aug 08, 2011, 09:55 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Check the main lobby under VIP. There are a lot of games available that use the FPPS as a buy-in. I never investigated the silver tab, but I do remember several turbo games and a weekly game that was not turbo, under bronze.

Old
Mon Aug 08, 2011, 10:41 AM
(#3)
You're probably aware of these but just in case;

130fpp - $100k monthly freeroll satty to the monthly gold plus game
100fpp - VIP $30,000 weekly

Old
Mon Aug 08, 2011, 10:43 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
You probably already know, there are tons of games under the tourney tab too, >satellite>fpp.

Congrats on achieving silver star. Be sure to do as hedgehog says and get into the silver star games now, under the vip tab!

Old
Mon Aug 08, 2011, 10:45 AM
(#5)
Annie, you going for platinum this month?

Old
Mon Aug 08, 2011, 10:46 AM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2009
Yes under the VIP tag, on Saturdays, there is a $30,000 tourney at 19:30 UK time for a 100 FPP buy-in. For silver stars and higher.

Old
Mon Aug 08, 2011, 11:29 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by papakilomike View Post
Yes under the VIP tag, on Saturdays, there is a $30,000 tourney at 19:30 UK time for a 100 FPP buy-in. For silver stars and higher.
BTW, you may have to turn off your filters to see these.

Old
Mon Aug 08, 2011, 05:38 PM
(#8)
Since: Sep 2010
Hi Ed m8,

Firstly congrats on making the SilverStar. I did this a few days ago myself and I too have been wondering what I should with my FPPs now that I can earn them at a faster rate. As others who have posted comments in this thread have suggested, checking the VIP sub-tab under the Tourney tab in the main lobby is a good place to start.

While you take time to consider how you can best use those FPPs...I would give you one piece of advice...carry on playing until you reach GoldStar. The reason why? Well theres at least two that I can think of...

1.In the process of attaining GoldStar status..you will reach the 150VPP target you need to get eligibility for full prize money in next months Premier League (assuming you do well enough to retain your place within it).

2.Getting to GoldStar will earn you an automatic entry into the 100K VIP Monthly Freeroll. This tournament is automatically open to players who are GoldStar and above. But SilverStar players can earn a ticket to the tournament via a satellite (the one that Annie described in post #3).

I would suggest that this target is very achievable for you Ed m8. If you can earn 75VPP in 7 to 8 days....then you should have a decent shot at earning a further 225VPPs to get to GoldStar. Also remember that GoldStar status will enable you to earn FPPs at twice the rate of a BronzeStar player.

One other thing that I have just remembered. If you get GoldStar it should get you entry into the VIP 100K Monthly Freeroll not just for this month, but also for next month's as you will retain your GoldStar status during September. But make sure that you get GoldStar status BEFORE August 26th 8PM WET (the start time of August's VIP 100K Tourny).

And for the record Ed, I have never earned more than 75VPPs in any calendar month. Until now. This promotion is just too good to pass up. I have already got my 150VPPs for this month because I really want to get into the Premier League next month and play for full prize money (not just 10% of it). And I am fully intending to get to the 300VPP needed for GoldStar this month for the reasons given above.

Whatever you choose to do Ed, I wish you luck m8

Old
Thanks for all info - Mon Aug 08, 2011, 06:31 PM
(#9)
Since: Feb 2010

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Mon Aug 29, 2011 at 01:11 PM..

Old
FPP's - Mon Aug 08, 2011, 08:23 PM
(#10)
I played a 50 Fpp buy in into a Big $109 sattie today. Its a hyper game 500 starting chips and goes up to 5 rounds all of which you can not unregister for the Fpp's. you have to play your way to the end which to be honest isnt all that hard. it was 1 double up to around 1200 chips seemed to get you through to the next round every time. I got to the last level (round 5) were there was 32 players - 9 tickets and 10th received 4955 Fpp's and some how I managed to get 10th after hitting a set on the flop with my 8-4 (was auto all-in by now in the SB) but got done by a straight on the river. I didn't no weather to be happy or sad as 5000 Fpps for investing 50 didn't seem that bad but I would rather of took the $109 and turned it into tournament money and used it in SNG's . So if anyone is going to give this a crack bear in mind you more or less only need 1 double up to reach the next round, no skill just pure luck

Old
Mon Aug 08, 2011, 08:31 PM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
STILL A NICE COME UP

Old
Mon Aug 08, 2011, 09:03 PM
(#12)
Man I am so jealous of all these cool promotions, especially being able to get silver star status at a quicker rate than before

Old
Mon Aug 08, 2011, 11:28 PM
(#13)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by De Hitman View Post
I played a 50 Fpp buy in into a Big $109 sattie today. Its a hyper game 500 starting chips and goes up to 5 rounds all of which you can not unregister for the Fpp's. you have to play your way to the end which to be honest isnt all that hard. it was 1 double up to around 1200 chips seemed to get you through to the next round every time. I got to the last level (round 5) were there was 32 players - 9 tickets and 10th received 4955 Fpp's and some how I managed to get 10th after hitting a set on the flop with my 8-4 (was auto all-in by now in the SB) but got done by a straight on the river. I didn't no weather to be happy or sad as 5000 Fpps for investing 50 didn't seem that bad but I would rather of took the $109 and turned it into tournament money and used it in SNG's . So if anyone is going to give this a crack bear in mind you more or less only need 1 double up to reach the next round, no skill just pure luck
Why on earth you would be sad about this Hitman? This looks like a win-win to me. OK you didnt win the $109 seat having got so close...but look at the upside....you got a near 100 to 1 return on your initial investment and are now heavily armed with FPPs. This opens up so many possibilities.....

You can now take another ONE HUNDRED cracks at this if you want. You could play the VIP 30k weekly every week for a whole YEAR. You could take a punt for 1500FPPs at getting into the $1 million VIP Quarterly. If you were to have another crack at the Big 109 sat and were "lucky" enough to be on the bubble again in the final round and net another win of 5,000FPP...you would have enough to buy a WCOOP $109 ticket and still have 3,000 FPPs in change.

So what if you missed out on the The Big $109..it is JUST ONE tournament. You've actually got a chance to get into SEVERAL tournaments using this haul of FPPs. Actual cost to you in dollars and cents?.....ZERO. You have a lot of chances to virtually freeroll your way into some of the bigger buyin events without even making a 1c dent in your bankroll. So what is there to be sad about? Sometimes the consolation prize can in fact be better than the actual prize. I'd be flippin delighted with 5,000FPPs in my account

Old
Tue Aug 09, 2011, 06:14 AM
(#14)
Since: Aug 2010
I would use them for the 100fpp silver star weekly tournament on saturdays. I dont think its to hard to cash in one but ive only played in one so Im not sure but if you win its alot of money. Other than that my favorite tournaments to play for fpps are the 2fpp rebuy sattelite into the big 2.20 or 10fpp 500$ added tournaments.

Old
Tue Aug 09, 2011, 09:29 AM
(#15)
Since: Jan 2010
Gold Star but only till end of September , yes there is the monthly 100K free for Gold so EdinFreeMan u could play that silver star must buy in with FPP, if u make Gold u will enter for free. GL mate

Old
Tue Aug 09, 2011, 09:33 AM
(#16)
Since: Dec 2010
Sounds good does that KD - might go 4 it. B

Old
Tue Aug 09, 2011, 01:29 PM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Annie, you going for platinum this month?
Wishing I had the time and the bankroll to!

Don't think I'll even make gold at this rate - 87 vpps todate and lost 7% of my starting bankroll.

Old
Tue Aug 09, 2011, 05:34 PM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_22at90 View Post
Wishing I had the time and the bankroll to!

Don't think I'll even make gold at this rate - 87 vpps todate and lost 7% of my starting bankroll.
if you lost some off your br going for the vip promo mabe try the botp promo if you havnt yet,deposit $20.00 for a free $7.00 sit and go ticket

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com