Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

another out of position hand

Old
another out of position hand - Tue Aug 09, 2011, 07:52 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
I planned to fold on the river if I saw a card like the one that came out but I dont know what I was thinking. Am I right that most of the time I should fold this hand in this spot preflop?

Old
Tue Aug 09, 2011, 08:44 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
I think folding is more +EV than calling. And since folding has no EV whatsoever...

Old
Tue Aug 09, 2011, 10:57 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
again I think without any reads, this is a fold pre flop, for the same reason I stated in your other post.

Old
Tue Aug 09, 2011, 12:54 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I think it's a fold preflop too.

Old
Wed Aug 10, 2011, 06:49 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
or a bet on the flop since you have OESD?

Old
Thu Aug 11, 2011, 12:09 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjekkkk View Post
or a bet on the flop since you have OESD?
This. Also you can fold flop most times.

You will be suprised how many players give up on this type of play. The flop looks like it could have missed him, and if he calls you know he almost always isn't drawing, so if you hit your draw you can extract value on the turn and river in a pot that you already inflated. If he calls you can re-evaluate on turn, and if you miss your draws and it comes a brick (pretty much anything that isnt a 8 9 A ), you can continue with the aggressive line to force hands like A8 and 44-77 to fold, inflating the pot more still for if you hit the nuts or find a J on the river and want to check it down for showdown value. Or something that might add to the value of your hand (J 10) would also give you more reason to fire again on the turn.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com