(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
this was first hand of premier skill league

Old
Tue Aug 09, 2011, 02:22 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
its a nice way to start, my only question is why did you limp in with them and not make a raise initially??

Old
Tue Aug 09, 2011, 02:37 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
its been my experience that any raise would get me a fold, so figured I would limp and hope for a raise from someone else, then I could reraise :-)

Old
Tue Aug 09, 2011, 05:31 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
Hmmm... Limping with AA leaves the door open to more limpers, including those with hands that could improve with many available outs. You are lucky someone raised and were able to get to heads-up pre-flop. Otherwise you could be looking at a flop with 5-6 players, some of whom might have connected with that board. I am not a fan of limping with hands that cannot "grow up" as much as other cards like suited connectors.

Good Luck with the rest of the month in the Premier League - wish I was there with you.

Herk

Old
Tue Aug 09, 2011, 11:22 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herkstwin View Post
Hmmm... Limping with AA leaves the door open to more limpers, including those with hands that could improve with many available outs. You are lucky someone raised and were able to get to heads-up pre-flop. Otherwise you could be looking at a flop with 5-6 players, some of whom might have connected with that board. I am not a fan of limping with hands that cannot "grow up" as much as other cards like suited connectors.

Good Luck with the rest of the month in the Premier League - wish I was there with you.

Herk

exactly, from what I read Premier League can be harsh even from the start. NH by the way, lucky this player didn't hit runner flush or others come in with the limp and hit all sorts of scenarios.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com