Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

QQ being tempted

Old
QQ being tempted - Tue Aug 09, 2011, 05:59 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011

This is a post which doesnt require much analyzing but stil i am being interested, what would you do in my spot.

Ok here it goes:

I see my hole cards - QQ. I was on small blind so i was hoping for a decent amount of limpers, not too many of course. There was only one limper, who was a calling station, and a BB behind me. I decide to raise to 500, because that was an amount that my calling station would call. And he does.

FLOP: 9 10 10 Not a dream board for 2 queens, there were also 2 clubs. I was first to act so I fired 750 chips into a 1210 chip pot, to test the waters. He pushes all in. Here comes my big decision - he was raising a huge percentage of the pots, going all in and raising with complete air.
First i put him on A9 K9 or 89. Then i started to think why would he raise me all in, if i raised quite a decent amount preflop, and continued on the flop with 70% pot bet. He must've had something. I tried not to believe him that he has a 10 in his hand.
I called with my overpair. In this case i did it right.

What would you do in my case?

Regards
Hohnerboy

Old
Tue Aug 09, 2011, 08:23 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
reads are almost everything here. If your read is correct and they don't have a 10, then it's a good call. If the opp was playing really tight, then I'd probably muck because it means they have a 10 or overpair to us. The opp obviously put you on 2 over cards, but not a pair.. which was the wrong read.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com