Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

77 play.

Old
77 play. - Tue Aug 09, 2011, 08:26 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010

Old
Tue Aug 09, 2011, 08:35 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
If it were me, instead of letting him see the flop for the 3k, especially if you were even thinking of shoving the flop, then shove preflop and don't give the opp a chance to hit their hand for a lower number of chips.

Old
Tue Aug 09, 2011, 08:38 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
I have a 40bb stack and the button raises 3x with a 10bb stack. He's going to be shoving on the flop regardless of the cards, not unless he's an amateur but getting this far in the tournament I can assume he's not. Most likely he had a premium hand so I didn't know whether to shove now or on the flop. If I shove now it would be a coin flip. There's a 70% chance that he won't hit a pair and I would be getting two to one on the flop. So I figured calling preflop and shoving on the flop is the best play. Flop comes- QQ4 which is somewhat a good flop, I thought he I had him beat and I did, but no matter I was calling it anyway. Even though I lucked out, do you think I played this correctly?

Old
Tue Aug 09, 2011, 09:59 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I think your play's ok... but I think it's better to shove on him preflop. If he hits the flop without putting all his chips in, then basically he's doubling up.... without putting all his chips at risk when they don't know if they have the best hand or not.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com