Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

dealing with a bully

Old
dealing with a bully - Wed Aug 10, 2011, 01:45 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Hi all,

I just finished playing a 10-man SnG and although I placed ITM, I was not happy with the way a series of hands went on the bubble. I was 3rd in chip count, but I kept switching between 3rd and 4th with the other short stack who was to my left. The player to my right would keep on limping from the SB when I would be on the BB and just throw out a lead bet on any flop. I felt like I could not call or re-raise because I had no hand whatsover, and he kept doing this which affected my stack and really gave me no shot at making a good run once I was ITM. The only time I was able to fight back was when I had AK, I reraised him immediately when he limped and he folded.
Now I know the chances of him missing the flop are very high so I figured in a few hands he bet out with nothing but I felt like I couldn't call with my hand. The other problem was that he kept betting the same amount, so in order for me to find out if he really had anything I was going to have to push all in after he would bet. Besides my all in re-raise with AK I felt like I was never able to put up a fight.
What would be good advice in dealing with this? Should I push with more hands preflop? If so, what type of hands?
Thanks!

Old
Thu Aug 11, 2011, 12:20 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
I'm just going to refer you to 1 of the langoliers live training vids "dealing with aggression" just click live training then videos then videos by thelangolier. you'll find it there... Hope this helps! stack em high! MT

Old
Fri Aug 12, 2011, 08:41 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Random, if I may offer my .02 cents, I'll tell you what I try to do when I am in a blind, and someone limps, with no raises, make the initial raise, be the agressor. By the sounds of it, he's got you pegged that if he bets on the flop, you'll fold, don't let them get that far when you see this happening by raising on the button, when limpers limp on your BB, RAISE.

Old
Sat Aug 13, 2011, 12:40 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
hey, thanks for the advice guys!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com