Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Call chat mod and...

Old
Default
Call chat mod and... - Thu Aug 11, 2011, 12:33 AM
(#1)
Deleted user
Im sitting at a table with two Spanish players that where playing like donks and smack talking the table. I ask them to speak english after translating and seeing them talk about not shoving my bb.
So I call a chat mod to get them to play straight since cheating is hard to stop these days.

Chat mod tells the table to only call them when its chat related.
Kind of wierd since that is why I called them so I get pissed and say useless and they
say some standard response and I say fckn useless and I get a chat warning.
My first and hopefully the beginning of a long history of them.

Now I am sending in the hands to support who will tell me that there is nothing to see here.
So if your wondering why I am a dick its the whole mod tendency to ignore the issues at hand.

Before I get a response about mods just doing there job,I understand that but as a customer I am unable to get farther then them.So till that time I will war with them.

Cheating is the new cool and every one is doing it,so if you cant beat them....
 
Old
Default
Thu Aug 11, 2011, 01:20 AM
(#2)
Deleted user
I truely give up cant wait for a new site to open up that takes this shit seriously.
 
Old
Default
Thu Aug 11, 2011, 01:41 AM
(#3)
VanSquash's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 234
BronzeStar
I've given up reporting non english chat. The moderators don't seem to really take the rule seriously.

If they don't take it seriously why have it?

Personally I think they should just build a translate button into the chatbox and call it a day.

 
Old
Default
Thu Aug 11, 2011, 03:19 AM
(#4)
Pentire's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 117
I've had the exact same thing many times. Maybe the mods don't understand that I find two players discussing my hand whilst it is live and they are out of it a lot more offensive than some 14-year-old telling me to go and xxxx my xxxx.
 
Old
Default
Thu Aug 11, 2011, 05:27 PM
(#5)
fezza_rst's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 4
I totally agree, that the chat policy needs SERIOUS ATTENTION !!.
At the moment i am serving a 1 month ban... I'll explain.
On 2nd of august i was playing in a cash game, where the tbl had 7 russians and 2 english.
I was sat chatting away with the other english guy who happens to live only 20 miles from me. Usual stuff... football, poker etc.
Whilst we were sat playing the russian guys were gibbering away in russian (obv!).
I kindly asked them to chat in english as this was a real money table and i don't like the fact that they could be talking about mucked hands or dead cards etc.

I got a not so polite reply, basically telling me to go " eff myself " ... well this started a verbal war with the other english guy and this russian.
This seemed to spark something with them all, that whenever me or the other english guy raised or were involved in a hand they would basically call down with ANYTHING pre flop and then try to
a) outplay us or
b) hold on with their bottom pair etc.
Well after a while this was starting to get a bit frustrating and i said something along the lines of " This russian guy is pwning my a55, i hate these fckin donks" then within 10 mins or so i find i have no chat available and an email from support informing me that foul and abbusive language is not tollerated @ stars.
Fair enough... i understand using subtle word changes to spell naughty words is unacceptable.
A simple warning from the mod is all it would have taken, and i would have stopped chatting altogether.. but no, no warning just instant ban.
Ok i can accept the chat ban.. but one issue i have a MAJOR problem with is the fact whilst you are banned you CANNOT call the mod.
I wrote to support with the regarding this issue.
Whilst i personally have no problem with anybody calling me a donk ( tis true) idiot etc. If someone happened to have their chat blocked and there was collusion or abuse being used then basically we have to sit and take whatever is thrown at us.
I hate to rant on, but feel i had to say something cos support just doesn't seem interested
 
Old
Default
Thu Aug 11, 2011, 07:24 PM
(#6)
spike8998's Avatar
Since: Apr 2010
Posts: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by fezza_rst View Post
I totally agree, that the chat policy needs SERIOUS ATTENTION !!.
At the moment i am serving a 1 month ban... I'll explain.
On 2nd of august i was playing in a cash game, where the tbl had 7 russians and 2 english.
I was sat chatting away with the other english guy who happens to live only 20 miles from me. Usual stuff... football, poker etc.
Whilst we were sat playing the russian guys were gibbering away in russian (obv!).
I kindly asked them to chat in english as this was a real money table and i don't like the fact that they could be talking about mucked hands or dead cards etc.

I got a not so polite reply, basically telling me to go " eff myself " ... well this started a verbal war with the other english guy and this russian.
This seemed to spark something with them all, that whenever me or the other english guy raised or were involved in a hand they would basically call down with ANYTHING pre flop and then try to
a) outplay us or
b) hold on with their bottom pair etc.
Well after a while this was starting to get a bit frustrating and i said something along the lines of
" This russian guy is pwning my a55, i hate these fckin donks" then within 10 mins or so i find i have no chat available and an email from support informing me that foul and abbusive language is not tollerated @ stars.
Fair enough... i understand using subtle word changes to spell naughty words is unacceptable.
A simple warning from the mod is all it would have taken, and i would have stopped chatting altogether.. but no, no warning just instant ban.
Ok i can accept the chat ban.. but one issue i have a MAJOR problem with is the fact whilst you are banned you CANNOT call the mod.
I wrote to support with the regarding this issue.
Whilst i personally have no problem with anybody calling me a donk ( tis true) idiot etc. If someone happened to have their chat blocked and there was collusion or abuse being used then basically we have to sit and take whatever is thrown at us.
I hate to rant on, but feel i had to say something cos support just doesn't seem interested

It's bs
I'm on a months chat ban whilst cheating and collusion is happening left right and center
and I am unable to call a mod
What a crock of shyt
 
Old
Default
Thu Aug 11, 2011, 07:36 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
Cheating is getting way out of hand and it is because of the chat issue.
Stars is a sleep at the wheel on this issue.
Wish they had a phone line I can get somewhere,emailing them is like bashing your head against the wall.

Double whammy is getting the infraction from the mods here as well for the same statement.
I guess no one wants to be left out. I will say this you dont agree with the mods in this forum and you will start to notice how little rope you get. Take a look a round at the ones that do get tons of room and you see that mods are bias.

Just a continuation of my rant.Why all the mods come from a Country that can not play seems a little odd as well. Are they seriously expected to understand when a member has a valid beef!

Im going to watch the JAgs and Pats and see if I get another violation in the mean time.
 
Old
Default
Thu Aug 11, 2011, 07:40 PM
(#8)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Cheating is getting way out of hand and it is because of the chat issue.
Stars is a sleep at the wheel on this issue.
Wish they had a phone line I can get somewhere,emailing them is like bashing your head against the wall.

Double whammy is getting the infraction from the mods here as well for the same statement.
I guess no one wants to be left out. I will say this you dont agree with the mods in this forum and you will start to notice how little rope you get. Take a look a round at the ones that do get tons of room and you see that mods are bias.

Just a continuation of my rant.Why all the mods come from a Country that can not play seems a little odd as well. Are they seriously expected to understand when a member has a valid beef!

Im going to watch the JAgs and Pats and see if I get another violation in the mean time.

YOU COULD ALWAYS APPLY FOR THE JOB




 
Old
Default
Thu Aug 11, 2011, 08:28 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
Its a ole boys club Hemet they havent accepted membership in a couple years.
 
Old
Default
Thu Aug 11, 2011, 08:33 PM
(#10)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
HOW LONG HAS ERIC BEEN THERE ??



 
Old
Default
Thu Aug 11, 2011, 08:34 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
But he is a Supper mod,he is almost a god so it doesnt count.
 
Old
Default
Thu Aug 11, 2011, 08:37 PM
(#12)
!!!111Dan's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,290
Eric is not a mod for pokerstars.
 
Old
Default
Thu Aug 11, 2011, 08:41 PM
(#13)
Deleted user
We are talking about the mods here in the forum Dan.

Just bringing it up since I find violations come in spurts and usually after I have rubbed them the wrong way. If I am doing their dirty work I get free reign but I step out and talk against Pokerstars and its violation time.
 
Old
Default
Thu Aug 11, 2011, 08:42 PM
(#14)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Eric is not a mod for pokerstars.

I KNOW
WAS TALKING ABOUT FORUM MODS



 
Old
Default
Thu Aug 11, 2011, 09:06 PM
(#15)
!!!111Dan's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,290
Hard to tell..you guys are ranting about cheating..then that the mods have been here for years. Eric's been a mod only for a short while..at the most, just since this year. I know because they asked me at the same time..but power corrupts me and I didn't want to be a crooked cop.
Carry on.
 
Old
Default
Thu Aug 11, 2011, 09:15 PM
(#16)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Hard to tell..you guys are ranting about cheating..then that the mods have been here for years. Eric's been a mod only for a short while..at the most, just since this year. I know because they asked me at the same time..but power corrupts me and I didn't want to be a crooked cop.
Carry on.

YOU WOULD HAVE DONE A FINE JOB



 
Old
Default
Thu Aug 11, 2011, 09:29 PM
(#17)
effsea's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,609
been drinking.......l know thats hard to believe.....hiccup

l thought this was about chat mods.....

as far as the forum mods are concerned....

every warning l have been given, and its been a few......hiccup

l deserved all of them,

in my opinion, there doing a great job, and a hard one at that,

cheers
 
Old
Default
Thu Aug 11, 2011, 09:40 PM
(#18)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post
been drinking.......l know thats hard to believe.....hiccup

l thought this was about chat mods.....

as far as the forum mods are concerned....

every warning l have been given, and its been a few......hiccup

l deserved all of them,

in my opinion, there doing a great job, and a hard one at that,

cheers
+100
 
Old
Default
Thu Aug 11, 2011, 09:43 PM
(#19)
Deleted user
I started the topic about chat and it melded into collusion and then I got a warning for quoting myself.
So that is the progression of this thread.
 
Old
Default
Thu Aug 11, 2011, 10:02 PM
(#20)
brkn80's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
I got a warning for quoting myself.
C'mon YER KIDDING .


I got to ask ......

did you get a warning on the original quote too.


 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com